Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Batch breaks collarbone in game on Friday, is this Pep's chance to get a job?

Remember....last I heard Pepp was acting as his own agent.

Not sure if this
    is true or not still.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Batch breaks collarbone in game on Friday, is this Pep's chance to get a job?

"Overlord" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:

Is Pepp a moron?
    Probably.

But to be fair, the Steelers job probably wasn't a very good opportunity for him.
    The Green Bay offer before Favre exploded seemed to be a pretty good backup job.
    I'm also a little surprised that Baltimore, San Fran, and/or Chicago haven't given him a call.

Of course, his agent has probably made it known that he will only sign with a team where he is guaranteed to start and is able to throw to Randy Moss.
    These may be true facts, but the other fact is Pepp has been out of the league for awhile now.
    If he wants to play, he should be OK with a backup role, and do his best to win that spot.
    He can't be that picky.

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:

Is Pepp a moron?
    Probably.

But to be fair, the Steelers job probably wasn't a very good opportunity for him.
    The Green Bay offer before Favre exploded seemed to be a pretty good backup job.
    I'm also a little surprised that Baltimore, San Fran, and/or Chicago haven't given him a call.

Of course, his agent has probably made it known that he will only sign with a team where he is guaranteed to start and is able to throw to Randy Moss.
    These may be true facts, but the other fact is Pepp has been out of the league for awhile now.
    If he wants to play, he should be OK with a backup role, and do his best to win that spot.
    He can't be that picky.
    He played last year, and actually played okay.
    Better than any other QB for the Raiders (link).
    Talent-wise, I would like him as a backup QB on my team.

Still, he does have an inflated sense of his own value to an NFL team right now.
    I think that's probably a big reason why he's not getting calls.
    Just seems to rub people the wrong way.

And yes, he is his own agent.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Batch breaks collarbone in game on Friday, is this Pep's chance to get a job

#
    From http://min.scout.com/2/779405.html

# It would appear that Daunte Culpepper’s self-perception problems haven’t subsided. The Steelers held an open audition between Culpepper and Byron Leftwich and apparently it wasn’t as one-sided as it may have initially sounded. While Leftwich had an agent to broker his deal, Culpepper continues to represent himself. According to reports out of Pittsburgh, much in the same way he turned down a deal from Green Bay for $1 million over one year, he didn’t feel the Steelers’ offer was big enough for a man of his talent. As a result, Leftwich got the job and could very well be the No. 2 guy in Pittsburgh all season while Pepp remains unemployed – as does his agent.

Wow...does he even want to play anymore?
    Why would you even want this guy on your team?

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

put the crack pipe down you stoopid POS!!!
    :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123