Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Batch breaks collarbone in game on Friday, is this Pep's chance to get a job?

Truth of the matter is we don't know who will be there.

I heard a couple of birds on the bird feeder today talking while I was changing my oil.
    They were speculating on if the Vikes would give Bollinger to the Steelers for a late round pick.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Batch breaks collarbone in game on Friday, is this Pep's chance to get a job?

i heard a cat and dog on my front lawn discussing the same thing.

The cat though was pretty sure Bollinger was gonna get cut though

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Batch breaks collarbone in game on Friday, is this Pep's chance to get a job

I would think there is a better chance they would bring back Omar Jacobs than bring in Culpepper.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

I hear ya.
    A squirrel tried to chime in about that as well, however, the birds brought up the point that maybe Tomlin would be desperate enough at this point in time to ask Rick S for a solid.

Of course the squirrel called them crazy and moved on rather quickly as he saw I had the pellet gun out.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:

I hear ya.
    A squirrel tried to chime in about that as well, however, the birds brought up the point that maybe Tomlin would be desperate enough at this point in time to ask Rick S for a solid.

Of course the squirrel called them crazy and moved on rather quickly as he saw I had the pellet gun out.

;D
    So you were drinking this afternoon also????

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Batch breaks collarbone in game on Friday, is this Pep's chance to get a job

Its sad that leftwhich is getting calls before Culpepper. Talk about a slap in the face.

"Garland" wrote:
    Its sad that leftwhich is getting calls before Culpepper. Talk about a slap in the face.
    Culpepper is acting as his own fricking agent......its partly his fault.

He needs an agent if he wants back in the game.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Well I guess they are both getting a look after all

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/09/steelers-to-add-leftwich-culpepper/

A league source tells PFT that the Pittsburgh Steelers will add not one but two veteran backup quarterbacks.

Per the source, after Charlie Batch suffered a broken collarbone in the preseason opener, the Steelers are bringing on both Byron Leftwich and Daunte Culpepper.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3528603

The reason the Steelers picked Leftwich over Culpepper is because Leftwich felt more comfortable with the role the Steelers were offering. Ben Roethlisberger is the starter and Batch is expected to be the backup when he gets healthy again. Culpepper was hoping for a chance to compete for a starting job.

Is Pepp a moron?

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

Is Pepp a moron?
    Probably.

But to be fair, the Steelers job probably wasn't a very good opportunity for him.
    The Green Bay offer before Favre exploded seemed to be a pretty good backup job.
    I'm also a little surprised that Baltimore, San Fran, and/or Chicago haven't given him a call.

Of course, his agent has probably made it known that he will only sign with a team where he is guaranteed to start and is able to throw to Randy Moss.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast