Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baskett Fans

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Baskett Fans

"Bdubya" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    Good for him; maybe he'll make the team in Philly...he certainly wouldn't have in MN.
    You can't say that.

KRob, TTaylor, Williamson and MRob. That's 4 receivers. The other 2 or 3 slots are WIDE OPEN. Baskett would have been in play for one of those, that's for sure.

=Z=
    Okay, I'll rephrase...he might have made the team here in MN, but likely wouldn't have seen the field outside of a special teams situation. In Philly, he might have a real chance to become their #3 receiver. It just seems like a better situation for him.
    Agreed...it's kind too bad that it is better for him there, but it would be selfish of us to want him to waste away on our depth chart if he really has a shot somewhere else.
    What kind of logic is that? As a GM or coach you try to get the best players on your team. Money is your only restriction, talent is not. No team says, "We don't need that much depth." or "That is too much talent at WR, lets make a trade to get rid of it."

I would have understood if we had traded Baskett to add depth at a different position, but as of right now we traded a player with high potential (possible backup, possible starter given time) for a crappy backup (full time bench warmer).

It not as if our receiver options are solid or set in stone. None of our receivers have ever had great years in Minnesota, so I think they are all being asked to overacheive. I think at least two of them will fill their potential, but my point is, if we are asking Williamson, KRob, and Taylor to overacheive and live up to their potential, why not ask the same of Baskett? Why give up one the guy who hasn't even been given a chance to succeed here?

I would have rather traded MRob for McMullen. That way Baskett would have been our 4th receiver and seen a lot of quality time if a WR got injured.

When all is said and done, we will say this was a bad trade because of one reason: Baskett is better than McMullen.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Has anyone mentioned that the first time Baskett caught the ball, he fumbled? He was an undrafted, free agent and was traded for a physical receiver to fill a short term role. Do you honestly think that if he was all that good, everyone would have overlooked him in the draft????

1 preseason game, 2 catches, and somehow the Vikings made a mistake.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    Good for him; maybe he'll make the team in Philly...he certainly wouldn't have in MN.
    You can't say that.

KRob, TTaylor, Williamson and MRob. That's 4 receivers. The other 2 or 3 slots are WIDE OPEN. Baskett would have been in play for one of those, that's for sure.

=Z=
    Okay, I'll rephrase...he might have made the team here in MN, but likely wouldn't have seen the field outside of a special teams situation. In Philly, he might have a real chance to become their #3 receiver. It just seems like a better situation for him.
    Agreed...it's kind too bad that it is better for him there, but it would be selfish of us to want him to waste away on our depth chart if he really has a shot somewhere else.
    What kind of logic is that? As a GM or coach you try to get the best players on your team. Money is your only restriction, talent is not. No team says, "We don't need that much depth." or "That is too much talent at WR, lets make a trade to get rid of it."

I would have understood if we had traded Baskett to add depth at a different position, but as of right now we traded a player with high potential (possible backup, possible starter given time) for a crappy backup (full time bench warmer).

It not as if our receiver options are solid or set in stone. None of our receivers have ever had great years in Minnesota, so I think they are all being asked to overacheive. I think at least two of them will fill their potential, but my point is, if we are asking Williamson, KRob, and Taylor to overacheive and live up to their potential, why not ask the same of Baskett? Why give up one the guy who hasn't even been given a chance to succeed here?

I would have rather traded MRob for McMullen. That way Baskett would have been our 4th receiver and seen a lot of quality time if a WR got injured.

When all is said and done, we will say this was a bad trade because of one reason: Baskett is better than McMullen.
    I'm just saying that Baskett obviously has a better chance to succeed in Philadelphia than he does here and I think that it will be good for his career. I'm not saying I wouldn't want him here, I'm just saying that it is going to help him to be battling for a starting role in Philadelphia more than being firmly on the bench here.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Boom! Double post
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think there has be been so much consternation over an undrafted rookie before he's played in a real game in the history of time.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Baskett Crotch Sniffers

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    Cajun, did we need a new thread? I wanted to see you make more references about Singer "keeping and eye on him all year" :wink:
    Looks to me like Cajun is the one "keeping an eye on him". :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12