Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: barry sanders

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

barry sanders

Hey I just saw Barry inducted into the Hall and I was thinkin what if Barry had emmitt's line would any of you felt the same way about watchin him?
    I was thinkin that he might not have had the same electricity that he had and might be like emmitt in the fact that he wouldn't have had to try as hard. But on the flip side the rushing record would still be in the nfc north/central. I still think that shows a lot of respect to on e of the best RB's in the game, instead of someone that didn't have the talent to do it alone.....oh by the way top 5 running backs in the history of the NFL who would you list? not in any order:

1.Chuck Foreman
    2.Barry Sanders
    3.Walter Peyton
    4.Jim Brown
    5.John Riggins(come on Sandy baby)/or Gayle Sanders :read:
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

barry sanders

Chuck Foreman? Good running back but you might be a bit of a homer on that choice. Now I know he's a murderer and piece of sh*t but OJ would have to be up there.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

barry sanders

I'll go with best RBs of my time (since I wasn't around for Riggins, Peyton, Foreman or Brown)

1. Sanders
    2. Emmitt Smith (as much as I hate to say)
    3. Thurman Thomas
    4. Ricky Watters/Jerome Bettis (My Notre Dame boys)
    5. Curtis Martin (not flashy, but gets the job done!)

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

barry sanders

hey I wasn't around for Chuck and Jim but when I see the old film on them they played strength, talent, and heart......something that Emmitt does not do. do you remember a couple of years ago when the boys played the rams when the boys were winning he was cool but win the lead changed he wanted to be taken out, after the boys won he was the first to celebrate? F*** him. what a vet leader he is. By the way Vkg how are you?

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

barry sanders

How am I? Or how old am I? I'm 25 if that's what you were asking. I don't necessarily like Emmitt, but you can't take away what he has done on the gridiron!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PurplePharaoh is offline Rookie

barry sanders

1. Jim Brown
    2. Walter Payton
    3. Gayle Sayers
    4. OJ Simpson
    5. Earl Campbell

:rr:
    http://www.angelfire.com/mn2/VikingTrader/

[img:af473e5384]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/don_banks/03/24/banks.vikes/p1_smoot.jpg[/img:af473e5384]

"If loving the Vikings is wrong, I dont wannabe right"

barry sanders

I wish I was old enough to have seen any of those guys play purplepharaoh!! The replays and films don't do any of them justice I'm sure!!

barry sanders

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I wish I was old enough to have seen any of those guys play purplepharaoh!! The replays and films don't do any of them justice I'm sure!!
    HAHA how am I dude you caught me
    and by the way I meant gayle sayers

silvermane is offline Rookie

barry sanders

1. earl campbell
    2. barry sanders
    3. jim brown
    4. walter payton
    5. marshall faulk

the first four are hard to argue but i put faulk up there because i think he has been the best since barry sanders. a 3-time offensive mvp something only earl campbell has done, as well as two super bowls and despite two major knee surgeries he is still better than half the backs in the league.

there are a few other backs playing right now that i think could one day make the list of greatness. ladainian tomlinson would be one, as well as jamal lewis, corey dillon and priest holmes.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

barry sanders

Walter Payton
    Barry Sanders
    Jim Brown
    Emmitt Smith
    Bo Jackson(shoulda, woulda, coulda)
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast