Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Bad NFL Mascots (old and new)

With the goofy 'Viktor' joining the Vikings organization this year, I thought I'd post some of the other weird mascots that the NFL has had among its ranks.

49ers from 1988:
    [img width=300 height=450]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2007/09000d5d802e40bb_gallery_600.jpg[/img]

This one is from this year:
    [img width=300 height=396]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2007/09000d5d802e532b_gallery_600.jpg[/img]

Falcons from last year
    [img width=300 height=450]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2007/09000d5d802e5433_gallery_600.jpg[/img]

Is the Jaguar foaming at the mouth?
    [img width=300 height=271]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2007/09000d5d802e8055_gallery_600.jpg[/img]

From 96/97. The Chargers must have been thinking of moving to San Francisco:
    [img width=300 height=463]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2007/09000d5d802e4aa5_gallery_600.jpg[/img]

This is from '95. Were the 'pollitical correctness' lawyers not out in full force yet?
    [img width=300 height=424]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2007/09000d5d802e81c9_gallery_600.jpg[/img]

where do you get a car like this?
    [img width=300 height=254]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2007/09000d5d802e83e3_gallery_600.jpg[/img]

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bad NFL Mascots (old and new)

Ragnar is the best without any stupid big head

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

hell ya ragnar kicks some serious ass!!!
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Ragnar rocks.
    But for the record I like Viktor too.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Ragnar rocks.
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Bill Co..... er, Steely McBeam

[img width=450 height=340]http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/sportsrant/library/AAAmedium_moresteely.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Ragnar rocks.
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

=Z=
    Lol.
    I call it like I see it, and in terms of Marketing, Viktor is a success.
    He is appealing to the younger fans, which is exactly what he was designed to do.
    Us old farts just complain because we are used to Ragnar and only Ragnar for so long...

Also, I know that there was some issue with the Vikings not owning the rights to Ragnar.
    I did a quick google and found this article, which actually links back to PP.O!

Also, Ragnar is going to be 50 in a few years, and he has been doing this since 1994.
    So it retirement might not be too far away for him too...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Ragnar rocks.
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

=Z=
    Lol.
    He is appealing to the younger fans, which is exactly what he was designed to do.
    Us old farts just complain because we are used to Ragnar and only Ragnar for so long...

Also, I know that there was some issue with the Vikings not owning the rights to Ragnar.

Also, Ragnar is going to be 50 in a few years, and he has been doing this since 1994.
    LMAO.
    OK, I read that entire article that I just posted, and I think I was quoted in it. ;D

But not all fans expressed such negative sentiment. One individual wrote: "He is growing on me. He is a more traditional mascot, and does bring some advantage to the side lines. The reasons mascots are larger than life like that are so they can be easily seen by the crowd. And the actor inside does a pretty good job, especially in the face of quite a bit of resistance. He is very animated, and a pretty physical guy. My kids love him. I took my picture with him at the home opener, and my daughter thought it was the coolest thing in the world. I know, I know, we don't want to market to 5 year olds, but bringing kids into the fan base is a good way to ensure future ticket sales. I like having him with the Vikings, as long as he does not replace Ragnar."
    Honestly, I still think the same.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Ragnar rocks.
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

=Z=
    Lol.

LMAO.
    OK, I read that entire article that I just posted, and I think I was quoted in it. ;D

But not all fans expressed such negative sentiment. One individual wrote: "He is growing on me. He is a more traditional mascot, and does bring some advantage to the side lines. The reasons mascots are larger than life like that are so they can be easily seen by the crowd. And the actor inside does a pretty good job, especially in the face of quite a bit of resistance. He is very animated, and a pretty physical guy. My kids love him. I took my picture with him at the home opener, and my daughter thought it was the coolest thing in the world. I know, I know, we don't want to market to 5 year olds, but bringing kids into the fan base is a good way to ensure future ticket sales. I like having him with the Vikings, as long as he does not replace Ragnar."
    Honestly, I still think the same.
    Quoted in the article are....

Singer:
    one fan said Viktor the Viking reminded them of "Mayor McCheese or a trip to Chuckie Cheese or Disney land."
    Cojomay:
    Another said Viktor "looked 'childish' and out of place for a team that is suppose to project manliness, fighting, and blood and gore. He's a joke!"
    PurpleTide:
    Another suggested that maybe Viktor would "get run over by Ragnar."
    and Nodak in the bit he quoted.

Haha aren't mascot's supposed to be goofy?.....Thats the whole point isn't it? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast