Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Available salary-cap space for all 32 NFL teams

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    We are in much better shape than we were. I expect after another year of rebuilding, we will be in even better shape next off-season.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    It's nice to see some of that money that was locked up in certain contracts during the Childress era come free again.

That's one thing you can say for the NFL that you can't for the NBA or MLB. If you have a bad cap situation you can address it by unloading some contracts, whereas in those leagues you are strapped with bad contracts with no way out. If this were either of those leagues, the Vikings would be paying for the Childress era for another 5 years before we could start re-building.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltrey33 View Post
    It's nice to see some of that money that was locked up in certain contracts during the Childress era come free again.

That's one thing you can say for the NFL that you can't for the NBA or MLB. If you have a bad cap situation you can address it by unloading some contracts, whereas in those leagues you are strapped with bad contracts with no way out. If this were either of those leagues, the Vikings would be paying for the Childress era for another 5 years before we could start re-building.
    Wait a minute. I thought ole Bryzcheapski was in charge of contracts and for the most part the feeling on here was he did a dang good job of doing just that.

Truth is, I can't recall (even though I hacked on him alot) a contract that wasn't really pretty team friendly when it came to signings since 2006.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    We are in much better shape than we were. I expect after another year of rebuilding, we will be in even better shape next off-season.
    What I worry about is not now, but 2 to 3 years from now when the 09, 10 and 11 class starts needed deals done.

Granted, we will have a better idea of what players in those classes will need to be retained as corps players, which will be significant, but worries me is the solution of they don't get retained.

By that time this team should be in the window again and FA signings will have to take place to plug holes.