Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The Atlanta Julio Jones trade.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095304
    Judging by how many times I've heard on here how most of you crave a trade up, I would have thought this move would have met with more support.
    I know what you're doing, but I'll play anyway.

It really depends on the team and what they feel they want.

It's like the Broncos last year, I Don't think they should have traded up, giving up so much for a player they didn't need. Broncos of course didn't know if Orton was worth anything at the time, and Jones is better than Tebow.

Back to the Falcons, I don't think WR was that big of a need for them. They have White and Jenkins, White's a stud, Jenkins is definitely alright. I think they should have addressed a different position. Maybe DLine, TE, etc. They could have done much more damage with more picks I think.

However, IF Jones turns out to be a stud, they could be a very scary team. Think Cardinals with Warner, Fitz and Boldin, but a run game and defense to compliment them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1095307
    Judging by how many times I've heard on here how most of you crave a trade up, I would have thought this move would have met with more support.
    Who are you talking about and did they say anything about giving up that many picks?

I believe you are the one who was promoting giving up 2 1sts for Kolb and it seems there was not a whole lot of people backing the idea.
    He's just trollin

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I wonder who will jump on this comment first because everyone here in the yell yesterday was begging us to trade up.
    We're bringing purple back.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095311
    Who are you talking about and did they say anything about giving up that many picks?

I believe you are the one who was promoting giving up 2 1sts for Kolb and it seems there was not a whole lot of people backing the idea.
    He's just trollin
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Nope, I laid out two scenarios if memory serves.

In that one I said that the scenario would support giving 2 1rsts for Kolb if the bidding war went that high.

Doesn't mean I would do it, just means I understood how it could happen. Search a few posts later in that thread and see what I said to our good friend Kevon.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095309
    I know what you're doing, but I'll play anyway.

It really depends on the team and what they feel they want.

It's like the Broncos last year, I Don't think they should have traded up, giving up so much for a player they didn't need. Broncos of course didn't know if Orton was worth anything at the time, and Jones is better than Tebow.

Back to the Falcons, I don't think WR was that big of a need for them. They have White and Jenkins, White's a stud, Jenkins is definitely alright. I think they should have addressed a different position. Maybe DLine, TE, etc. They could have done much more damage with more picks I think.

However, IF Jones turns out to be a stud, they could be a very scary team. Think Cardinals with Warner, Fitz and Boldin, but a run game and defense to compliment them.
    I'm not playing any game. Just making an observation.

Again, most on here like to talk about moving up. I'm suprised, because of that, there isn't more support for this move.

Again, nothing there but an observation my friend. Read into it as much as you want.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095311

He's just trollin
    You guys make me out to be something I'm not. Again, just an observation is all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095345

Again, most on here like to talk about moving up. I'm suprised, because of that, there isn't more support for this move.

Yes, there are very few here who want to trade up just for the sake of trading up.

With their picks, Atlanta could have gotten some good players anyway, I don't think they needed to risk it all on Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1095331
    I wonder who will jump on this comment first because everyone here in the yell yesterday was begging us to trade up.
    I hear ya my friend. Alot of people like to trade up on here. At somepoint there for a second I thought they were going to do it with the Cowboys.

I guess calmer heads prevailed and now we not only have a good prospect at QB but will also add another good player early this evening.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095349
    but will also add another good player early this evening.
    Years of Spielman drafts beg to differ.

He's got about two hits (not counting Gerhart, too early to make a call on him)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast