Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Asante Samuel talks going nowhere

    [size=13pt]Samuel eyes trade[/size]

    Patriot unhappy with negotiations

    By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
    |
    April 5, 2007


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Re: Asante Samuel talks going nowhere

    [size=13pt]Samuel talks going nowhere[/size]

    01:00 AM EDT on Friday, April 6, 2007

    BY SHALISE MANZA YOUNG

    Journal Sports Writer


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: Asante Samuel talks going nowhere

    He's a great corner, but he's not going to get Nate Clements-money by bitching out unless the Redskins decide they don't want Fred Smoot and/or get rid of Shawn Springs.

    If we didn't have Winfield and Griffin I'd be clamouring for us to go after him.

  4. #4
    PAvikesfan's Avatar
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,037

    Re: Asante Samuel talks going nowhere

    personally i think griffin will be the defense's weakest link with a bunch of blown coverages.
    don't know why people are so high on him.

  5. #5
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Re: Asante Samuel talks going nowhere

    "PAvikesfan" wrote:
    personally i think griffin will be the defense's weakest link with a bunch of blown coverages.
    don't know why people are so high on him.
    My money for the weakest link goes to Whitaker.

    I watched Griffin blow some coverages & last year, but people were so hi on him & eager to bash Smoot that most didn't even notice.

    Whitaker blew several.

    Alls it takes is one great play, hit or catch & a guy is suddenly rocketed into stardom.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #6
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Asante Samuel talks going nowhere

    "singersp" wrote:
    "PAvikesfan" wrote:
    personally i think griffin will be the defense's weakest link with a bunch of blown coverages.
    don't know why people are so high on him.
    My money for the weakest link goes to Whitaker.

    I watched Griffin blow some coverages & last year, but people were so hi on him & eager to bash Smoot that most didn't even notice.

    Whitaker blew several.

    Alls it takes is one great play, hit or catch & a guy is suddenly rocketed into stardom.
    Agreed.

    I've liked Griffin since he was at TX, and I think with a year's experience he has the talent to shore up some of his mistakes he struggled with his rookie season.

    Whittaker already IS the weakest link, but with DeVonte coming back, I don't think he'll see much action barring injury to a starter.

    Personally, I think Ronyell needs to be playing Arena Football. He can't hang with the big guys.

    That said, I hope he can prove me wrong.
    -Sno

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Re: Asante Samuel talks going nowhere

    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PAvikesfan" wrote:
    personally i think griffin will be the defense's weakest link with a bunch of blown coverages.
    don't know why people are so high on him.
    My money for the weakest link goes to Whitaker.

    I watched Griffin blow some coverages & last year, but people were so hi on him & eager to bash Smoot that most didn't even notice.

    Whitaker blew several.

    Alls it takes is one great play, hit or catch & a guy is suddenly rocketed into stardom.
    Agreed.

    I've liked Griffin since he was at TX, and I think with a year's experience he has the talent to shore up some of his mistakes he struggled with his rookie season.

    Whittaker already IS the weakest link, but with DeVonte coming back, I don't think he'll see much action barring injury to a starter.

    Personally, I think Ronyell needs to be playing Arena Football. He can't hang with the big guys.

    That said, I hope he can prove me wrong.
    The jury is still out on Edwards for me until I see him play more.

    As I mentioned about stardom in my previous post, a lot of fans, IMO, are highly touting Dovonte based of his 1 interception against the Packers 2 years ago.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Similar Threads

  1. How about Asante Samuel?
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 02:02 AM
  2. Asante Samuel Signed
    By V4L in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:58 PM
  3. Patriots' Asante Samuel wants to stay
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 11:58 AM
  4. Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?
    By duvaldomo in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 09:27 AM
  5. Agent says Asante Samuel wants ‘affection’
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 01:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •