Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Asante Samuel out of picture: No deal, no minicamp

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    Its a reasonable trade idea.
    Except one thing.

    Chilli and the boyz wouldn't go for it.
    BB, normally I agree with you on this, however, I am not so sure the org wouldn't at this point.

    They have shown a willingness to jettison players no matter how important/significant the are to the team.
    Yes and we have seen the same with NWE

    Yeah my opinion is based on who the guy coming in is more then anything.


    The guy this guy represents.

    He also won’t be in Foxboro today for the team’s mandatory minicamp, his agent said last night.



    “He’s not coming to camp until a contract resolution can be reached,” agent Alonzo Shavers said. “Nothing more can be said. His status has not changed. There has been no movement toward a deal.”
    "OchoCinco" wrote:


    What make's it reasonable?? His Madden rating??
    Honestly I dont really care cause its not gonna happen because of his attitude, but his good year happened to be last year, and he sure looked plenty good.

    Hes young of course and hes progressing...

    Year Team G Solo Ast TTL Sack Yds Yd/Sk Int
    2003 NE
    16 29 5 34 0 0 0.0 2
    2004 NE
    13 37 2 39 0 0 0.0 1
    2005 NE
    15 44 10 54 0 0 0.0 3
    2006 NE
    15 60 5 65 0 0 0.0 10

    and its comparable to where Winfield was at his first years.

    Year Team G Solo Ast TTL Sack Yds Yd/Sk Int
    1999 BUF 14 38 1 39 0 0 0.0 2

    2000 BUF 11 34 8 42 0 0 0.0 1

    2001 BUF 16 69 12 81 0 0 0.0 2
    2002 BUF 13 51 5 56 0 0 0.0 0


    Winfield is at his peak, while it looks like Samuel is rising.
    Thats Chilly's motto right?




    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  2. #22
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Asante Samuel out of picture: No deal, no minicamp

    "Billy" wrote:
    Yeah my opinion is based on who the guy coming in is more then anything.


    The guy this guy represents.

    He also won’t be in Foxboro today for the team’s mandatory minicamp, his agent said last night.



    “He’s not coming to camp until a contract resolution can be reached,” agent Alonzo Shavers said. “Nothing more can be said. His status has not changed. There has been no movement toward a deal.”
    The "guy coming in" blew off a teammate's funeral because he's pissed about earning his money.

    You want that kind of selfish jackass on the Vikings' roster?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #23
    douginc's Avatar
    douginc is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    220

    Re: Asante Samuel out of picture: No deal, no minicamp

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    Yeah my opinion is based on who the guy coming in is more then anything.


    The guy this guy represents.

    He also won’t be in Foxboro today for the team’s mandatory minicamp, his agent said last night.



    “He’s not coming to camp until a contract resolution can be reached,” agent Alonzo Shavers said. “Nothing more can be said. His status has not changed. There has been no movement toward a deal.”
    The "guy coming in" blew off a teammate's funeral because he's pissed about earning his money.

    You want that kind of selfish j~~~~~~s on the Vikings' roster?


    =Z=
    [size=10pt]A[/size] - men to that.......

    On defense especially, you absolutely NEED players to put the team above themselves.
    I don't want some cocky DB (douchebag not defensive back) going for a solo tackle instead of sealing off or trying to go for a homerun interception rather than just cover his man and make the simple tackle.

  4. #24
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Asante Samuel out of picture: No deal, no minicamp

    Where does it say he didnt go to the funeral because of his contract dispute?

  5. #25
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Asante Samuel out of picture: No deal, no minicamp

    well he is ding what he feels is right now I just wanna say he will be a premier corner behind Champ Bailey,Ty Law.He is gonna continue to be a terror in and defensive secondary,Be it New England or where ever he may wind up.

    MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

  6. #26
    LosVikingosSDCA is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    25

    Re: Asante Samuel out of picture: No deal, no minicamp

    It's funny that players like Ty Law, Deion Branch, and Asante think they can play hardball with Kraft, Bellicheck and the Pats.
    He will be another decent player that they won't think twice about dropping.
    I respect the Pats front office for their refusal to deal with these type of issues.
    If I was a starting corner on the Pats, I would be excited about getting the chance to play for another Super Bowl contender and not try to play hardball with the Pats.

  7. #27
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Asante Samuel out of picture: No deal, no minicamp

    "LosVikingosSDCA" wrote:
    It's funny that players like Ty Law, Deion Branch, and Asante think they can play hardball with Kraft, Bellicheck and the Pats.

    He will be another decent player that they won't think twice about dropping.

    I respect the Pats front office for their refusal to deal with these type of issues.

    If I was a starting corner on the Pats, I would be excited about getting the chance to play for another Super Bowl contender and not try to play hardball with the Pats.
    Fuck the Putzies!!!
    I hope that there is serious malcontent on their team in the future...Kraft is an asshole and so is Belichick!
    They got enough rings...time for some new blood!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #28
    LosVikingosSDCA is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    25

    Re: Asante Samuel out of picture: No deal, no minicamp

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "LosVikingosSDCA" wrote:
    It's funny that players like Ty Law, Deion Branch, and Asante think they can play hardball with Kraft, Bellicheck and the Pats.

    He will be another decent player that they won't think twice about dropping.

    I respect the Pats front office for their refusal to deal with these type of issues.

    If I was a starting corner on the Pats, I would be excited about getting the chance to play for another Super Bowl contender and not try to play hardball with the Pats.
    floop the Putzies!!!
    I hope that there is serious malcontent on their team in the future. . . Kraft is an donkey butt and so is Belichick!
    They got enough rings. . . time for some new blood!
    Both Billy B.
    and Kraft are real Donkey butt's but let's keep it real, I would much rather have both in Winter Park then Childress and the Zyg-Zag man.
    We don't want to go back and think about the Monday Night Massacre last year at the Dome between NE and the Purple. . . .

  9. #29
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Asante Samuel out of picture: No deal, no minicamp

    "Mr" wrote:
    Where does it say he didnt go to the funeral because of his contract dispute?
    Patriots owner Bob Kraft chartered a plane to take the ENTIRE team down for the funeral.
    Randy Moss went.
    Randy Moss never played a single second of football with Marquise Hill, but he went.

    Asante Samuel did not go.
    He did not take the free plane ride offered to him by his team owner to go to the funeral of a defensive teammate he has played alongside for the past 3 seasons.

    I'm sure he had a really good reason - needed to take his kids to see Shrek 3 or something.
    It couldn't have been his contract dispute.
    Nope.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Asante Samuel out of picture: No deal, no minicamp

    [size=13pt]Samuel on Jets’ radar[/size]

    By Albert Breer/ MetroWest Daily News
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 - Updated: 07:00 AM EST


    FOXBORO - Asante Samuel [stats] has a solid case for seeking a cash bonanza from the Patriots [team stats]: If they won’t pay him what he wants, he knows other teams will.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How about Asante Samuel?
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 02:02 AM
  2. Asante Samuel Signed
    By V4L in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:58 PM
  3. Patriots' Asante Samuel wants to stay
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 11:58 AM
  4. Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?
    By duvaldomo in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 09:27 AM
  5. Asante Samuel talks going nowhere
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 09:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •