Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The Art of Football: Passing Game Tactics

Pretty good article with videos and detailed breakdowns.

The Art of Football: Passing Game Tactics - Field Gulls
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Bump, ......No one, not one comment? WOW.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Bump, ......No one, not one comment? WOW.
    Alright, I broke down and read it. It was a good article other than all the blathering at the beginning that awkwardly segues into his main content. The article highlights real time adjustments that need to be made in the game to be effective. Not surprising the author slobbered all over the Patriots as examples (Tom Brady to Welker and Moss). Experience between WR's and QB's is obviously very key and one thing we are quite short on at the moment. The other thing that helps, is giving the QB time to wait for the safety to react. Something Tom seems to get a lot of.

And what's up with all the articles from Seahawk's sites? Still checking up on your boy TJ?

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Alright, I broke down and read it. It was a good article other than all the blathering at the beginning that awkwardly segues into his main content. The article highlights real time adjustments that need to be made in the game to be effective. Not surprising the author slobbered all over the Patriots as examples (Tom Brady to Welker and Moss). Experience between WR's and QB's is obviously very key and one thing we are quite short on at the moment. The other thing that helps, is giving the QB time to wait for the safety to react. Something Tom seems to get a lot of.

And what's up with all the articles from Seahawk's sites? Still checking up on your boy TJ?
    LOL, no, you know I check out every team site and not just the Vikes. Used to post alot of stuff from them but was asked once to hold back on that kindof stuff.

You know me, always the conformist.

As to the article, love the discussion points that could come out of route tree adjustments based on pre-snap reads and how that affects not only what the QB and the WR do, but the OL as well.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, no, you know I check out every team site and not just the Vikes. Used to post alot of stuff from them but was asked once to hold back on that kindof stuff.

You know me, always the conformist.

As to the article, love the discussion points that could come out of route tree adjustments based on pre-snap reads and how that affects not only what the QB and the WR do, but the OL as well.
    It was good, but not really anything new. CB plays tight, take him deep. CB plays loose, cut off the route. Safety commits to one receiver, throw to the other. Safety comes in on a blitz, passing route adjusts to the hole left behind and get it out quick.

It did highlight how good teams make it look easy. Not so sure we could find many examples from the Vikings last year.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    It was good, but not really anything new. CB plays tight, take him deep. CB plays loose, cut off the route. Safety commits to one receiver, throw to the other. Safety comes in on a blitz, passing route adjusts to the hole left behind and get it out quick.

It did highlight how good teams make it look easy. Not so sure we could find many examples from the Vikings last year.
    You can't because we didn't use WR's last year......