Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Anyone want to see Vince Young as our next QB?

I'd take Pep now.. More experience..

But it's funny how people are comparing him to Vick so much.. Just cuz he is a running QB.. Vince's arm is just as good as his RIGHT NOW

And hey Vick wins games..

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

NO!!!!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Why not? He obviously has talent and has shown something that Culpepper hasn't really shown, and that is leadership. Vince young looks impressive. He has all the physical tools of Culpepper and last time I checked, physical tools are all that Culpepper has.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Wow. He torched the vaunted USC defense.

Hate to break it to you, but USC'S DEFENSE SUCKED THIS YEAR!!!!!!

How well would he do against NFL defenses under pressure? Sure, he can handle the national stage, but can he do it with REAL pressure in his face, against GOOD defenses? Maybe, but we don't know. We've seen that Culpepper can given a half-decent line/OC/supporting cast. The same can't be said for Vince Young, at least not on the NFL level. While he may end up succeeding, it would be a HUGE gamble to take Young over DC.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

How well would he do against NFL defenses under pressure? Sure, he can handle the national stage, but can he do it with REAL pressure in his face, against GOOD defenses? Maybe, but we don't know. We've seen that Culpepper can given a half-decent line/OC/supporting cast. The same can't be said for Vince Young, at least not on the NFL level. While he may end up succeeding, it would be a HUGE gamble to take Young over DC.
    Very true. I don't think anybody expects him to be able to do what he did in that game against an NFL defense. That being said, he is not inferior than Culpepper in that sense, and may even be better.

I don't want to hate on Daunte because he is a good qb, but he hasn't really performed when he has been asked to carry this team. It is also damn near impossible to get any consistancy from him. It would be a huge gamble to have Vince young, but it still remain a huge gamble going into next season with the way Culpepper's knee is.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

I wish we could get him,,,,

I dont care what anyone says

HE IS AWESOME!!!!

Thank you Josdin for the sig

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Williamson8211" wrote:

HE IS AWESOME!!!!
    So was Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf! :razz:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Williamson8211" wrote:

HE IS AWESOME!!!!
    So was Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf! :razz:
    So was Peyton Manning

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"WaywardHoosier" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:
    vince, great college quarterback, horrible one in the NFL. sorry to burst your bubble. Culpepper is staying, and is giong to be our centerpeice once agian.
    Vikes09: How do you KNOW that Vince Young will not be good in the NFL? Doesn't Vince Young have to play in the NFL first, fail, and THEN be deemed as not worthy of the NFL?
    how do you know he's not? sure im taking a geuss, but im not just saying this to contradict everyone. his arm isnt anything impressive to say the least, i watch him every freaking week. he's impressive sure, but when you just watched the rose bowl (which everyone did) how could you not be hyped about the kid. its his best game he's EVER PLAYED IN in his very good college career, which just so happened to be the most talked about, watched game in awhile. it was his time to shine and he did awesome.

his offensive line is very good, has 3 freshman RB's who played extraordinary and they all had a very good season.
    i deal with this everyday. even the texans fans down here are saying forget bush, get us vince :roll:

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Very true. I don't think anybody expects him to be able to do what he did in that game against an NFL defense. That being said, he is not inferior than Culpepper in that sense, and may even be better.

I don't want to hate on Daunte because he is a good qb, but he hasn't really performed when he has been asked to carry this team. It is also gol 'darnit near impossible to get any consistancy from him. It would be a huge gamble to have Vince young, but it still remain a huge gamble going into next season with the way Culpepper's knee is.
    pretend this year never happened, the season ended on that win against the packers. would you be saying the same thing. his MVP caliber season within striking distance, and a year later we are choosing another quarterback, untested and just had an amazing game in a highly televised game which everyone is STILL high off of. OR, someone who continually played well til a injury, with a few exceptions of course but no one can be perfect. un less theyre in-vince-able.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast