Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    revprodeji is offline Starter

Re: Anyone notice how well farwell is playing?

Why would we let Phat go? I think a key for us and for Phats age would be depth and the ability to rotate and keep fresh. Spencer Johnson and Ross will be a blessing to Pat as he ages.
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Farwell's certainly stuffing the stats sheet this preseason. I certainly hope he makes the cut, he seems like a great athlete.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Freakout" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    It's not only Farwell's name I hear called a lot on defensive plays. Spencer Johnson seems to be around for a lot of them as well.
    Spencer is the reason I expect them to let Pat go next year and I hate the thought of it.

Spencer isn't exactly a replacement for Pat. Spencer is an UT and kind of undersized even for that position. Pat is a NT and the only guy we currently have on our roster right now that could be groomed as his replacement at NT is CJ Mosley. I really like this kid and what he did last season but for some reason our current coaching staff seems to not be very big fans of his. I would really hate to see us keep Ross K over Mosley, but as of right now, that looks to be what's gonna happen. And as soon as Mosley would be released, he would be snagged up by some team and probably be playing some significant PT this season. Hopefully I am wrong and we keep him.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Freakout" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    It's not only Farwell's name I hear called a lot on defensive plays. Spencer Johnson seems to be around for a lot of them as well.
    Spencer is the reason I expect them to let Pat go next year and I hate the thought of it.

Spencer isn't exactly a replacement for Pat. Spencer is an UT and kind of undersized even for that position. Pat is a NT and the only guy we currently have on our roster right now that could be groomed as his replacement at NT is CJ Mosley. I really like this kid and what he did last season but for some reason our current coaching staff seems to not be very big fans of his. I would really hate to see us keep Ross K over Mosley, but as of right now, that looks to be what's gonna happen. And as soon as Mosley would be released, he would be snagged up by some team and probably be playing some significant PT this season. Hopefully I am wrong and we keep him.
    I agree 110% with you on that Smoot.
    Mosley looked great to me last year.
    I think he will be a great replacement when Pat's age finally catches up with him.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Freakout" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I agree 110% with you on that Smoot.
    Mosley looked great to me last year.
    I think he will be a great replacement when Pat's age finally catches up with him.
    Hey I liked Mosely last year too but anybody who thinks he has played better then Spencer and Ross this year is not being honest with themselves. These guys have been much better and will make it over Mosely it just the way it works they are both young themselves and one of them can take over for Pat when the time comes.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"FuadFan" wrote:
    Hey I liked Mosely last year too but anybody who thinks he has played better then Spencer and Ross this year is not being honest with themselves. These guys have been much better and will make it over Mosely it just the way it works they are both young themselves and one of them can take over for Pat when the time comes.

Again I say Spencer isn't a NT so no he won't take Pat williams spot eventually. And I would argue that Mosley in the little playing time he has gotten so far this year, has shown me so much more then Ross has.
    Ross has seemed invisible to me out there so far this preseason, although NT's can look that way at times when they are doing their job. I've watched Ross in Arizona and now here and I really am not a big fan of the guy. He just seems average at best and seems like he has no upside. Mosley looks to me like he has a high ceiling and could become a great NT down the road. I'd take youth and potential, and go with Mosley over Ross in a second, but unfortunatley it looks as if the coaches aren't gonna do that. Just watch how quickly Mosley gets picked up if we do cut him.

I will agree though that Spencer has been a beast this preseason and I am a big fan of the guy. He fits the mold perfect as a pass rushing DT to sub in for Pat during passing downs, as well as a good backup at UT to Kevin Williams.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12