Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

Re: Anybody see this?

While Moss may be overvalue some, there is no doubt he would help. For petes sake he made Culpepper look like the freaking best QB ever. That is why we want him back. NO reason other than seeing 84 catch the long ball makes us feel all warm and fuzzy and remember winning seasons, and playoff homegames. HE may not be the same ol Randy but he would make our O something to be feared every time we had the ball, not the joke we are now.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cyviking" wrote:
    While Moss may be overvalue some, there is no doubt he would help. For petes sake he made Culpepper look like the freaking best QB ever. That is why we want him back. NO reason other than seeing 84 catch the long ball makes us feel all warm and fuzzy and remember winning seasons, and playoff homegames. HE may not be the same ol Randy but he would make our O something to be feared every time we had the ball, not the joke we are now.
    How so?
    Will he take fewer plays off for the Vikes than he is for the Raiders?
    Last year, with Kerry "The Drunken Bomber" Collins at the helm, Randy had a less-than-impressive season and certainly wasn't the deep threat they envisioned him to be.
    What, besides rose-colored glasses, makes you think he would suddenly become the Randy Moss of '98 by donning a Vikings uni?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

Moss was MOSS last year for the first few games of the year. I watched the season opener for the Raiders last year and Moss was retarded good like he used to be. Last year about mid season he was hurt/not getting the ball thrown to him, and it lasted all season. He isand was suffering from not haveing any other WR threat to pull some coverage. I do feel with MR,TT,and TW our recieving core could pull some of that coverage to get him open and needless to say he would pull lots of coverage off of those guys. the running game would also benifit from this. I dont see how we dont have an O to be feared.

alas it will never happen...
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

In all actuality Moss didn't do half bad especially with the drunk man throwing the ball.
    Moss was hurt part of the season and played hurt most of the season.
    He still had 1005 yards receiving.

As I stated in the other thread about Moss I'm not so sure it would be wise to bring him back only because he wants the ball.
    I don't blame him but that is the case.
    The Vikings offense is now built around spreading the ball.
    Don't get me wrong I would love to see Randy sprinting down the sideline catching TDs for the Vikings.
    However, I'm not so sure he is the best "big picture" solution.
    I'm not saying he's not better than any other WRs available.
    He is.
    But I think Porter would be a better option for this team.
    He's used to sharing and won't get teed off everytime he doesn't get the ball.
    Anderson, I have to admit part of me does want him back and I definately wouldn't be mad about him coming back.
    However, I'd rather get Porter knowing what I know about this team.

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Bullocks!!!!!!
    (Anglo Vike may translate for we Colonists)
    Moss is obviously talented, but at the same time he is a cancer for any team that picks him up.
    Do we really need this????
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i wouln'd tbe suprised with a lot of the reactions here ot Moss's return to MN.. if it ever happened it would be one of those things that would prolly spark some light in the games early, then as the season went on we would see more open shots to the other WR's. and with B.j's arm not the cannon Moss was used to here it would be a dissapoint ment for him.

now say next season.. moss has a subpar year.. his value drops like an anchor and he comes back here and we are implementing T.jack

now then i would say.. bring in Moss!!! he can help the kid in SOOO many ways and really give the owther WR's space and 1/1 converage that would open up the passing game, and give lots of open space for the running game.

now for his antics.. I would put a bet that in 2 years when his production is down cause of team things.. he'll be ready to be the solid WR we will want. kinda like a M.R for us now.. an aging WR that can jump over defenders and catch those TD's.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345