Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Another one bites the dust...

The Packers have traded DE Jamal Reynolds, their first round pick in 2001 to the Colts for a draft pick. This is the second DE gone from the Packers in the last month. This is becoming a serious problem for them...sure they have KGB but they are dangerously thin at the DE position. They cannot afford any injuries there. So now along with QB, DE has to be a top priority for them in the 2005 offseason.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Maybe they have some folks they are going to move around or that they have found within the traing phases that show they are OK with back up Man you can never trust those chesse heads, once they get hot they are all over the place :silent: we need to keep an eye on them there is something up those Slackers :bootyshake:

Your signature is :thumbleft: :cheers:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah for three years they got 3 sacks and .5 tackles for loss from a first round pick!! They got a 7th rounder for him too!! That just makes me laugh!! I guess he did more for them than Dmitrius Underwood did for us, but I still think it's funny!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

wyviking is offline Rookie

it would help even more if they got rid of kgb and brought in some no names in at DE then we would have no problem with gb defence during the season.we could run to the outside all day long then.
    theres no MOSS in wyoming just sagebrush

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

I dont think they would get rid of kgb. that would be very stupid of them. They are likely to sign some no name de before the preseason starts or even training camp to add depth.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

The guys the Packers lost weren't in their plans for 2004 anyway, so for the Packers, it's no loss. Heck, they are getting some kind of draft pick for Reynolds, so that is more than they would have gotten when they cut his sorry ass.

As far as KGB goes, it is already pretty acknowledged around the NFL that he is weak against the run. The best strategy is to run right at him, rather than try to get outside him. He is one heckuva pass rusher though.

Packer bashing aside, their defensive line is definitely a weak point. Now with no Gilbert Brown clogging up the middle, teams will probably be able to run AND pass against the Packers. If Mike McKenzie doesn't come to his senses, the Packers defense could be as maligned as recent Viking defenses have been.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

That's true purplepat they didn't have big plans for those guys but they did give some depth. Now, if KGB gets injured they are screwed.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Amen to that

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

We need to watch and see how they all play together this year as they could be ready to play some pro ball in a couple of years naaaaaa in their dreams

you can't hide from purple pride

SDvike your signature text is one of the coolest
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

gpete13 is offline Starter

I dont know why the colts would want them. I think they have 3 pretty good DE's as it is. I guess its all about depth for them. I figure a former 1st rounder wouldn't be that cheap, even though I think GB would have to pay some of the salary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast