Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Another Gaping Hole in Roger Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy Revealed

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #2
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Another Gaping Hole in Roger Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy Revealed

    Holy balls, that is one mean looking motha f'r who I would not want to fight at a bar.
    No wonder to the fact that he broke a guys neck!

  3. #3
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Another Gaping Hole in Roger Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy Revealed

    I don't see a hole.
    It's just logical that he can't punish a player for an act prior to entered the NFL.
    If he did it would be really stupid and subject to how far back does he go.

    Roger is doing a great job of trying to curb all the stupidity.
    I'm just waiting to see the fines he hands down to the teams for miss behaving players.
    Benson should be good for a $100K easy.

    I gotta say one thing for Childress he seems to be running a tight ship.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  4. #4
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Another Gaping Hole in Roger Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy Revealed

    your right about childress.
    The way he handled McKinney, pure class and dedication towards making players accountable for their actions.

  5. #5
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Another Gaping Hole in Roger Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy Revealed

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    your right about childress.
    The way he handled McKinney, pure class and dedication towards making players accountable for their actions.
    How exactly did he handle McKinnie?
    Nothing has happened yet...


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  6. #6
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: Another Gaping Hole in Roger Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy Revealed

    [size=12pt]Another Gaping Hole in Roger Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy Revealed[/size]
    Even though the case was settled after Cherilus became a member of the NFL, he will not be punished, according to league spokesman Greg Aiello, because "incident occurred prior to his NFL career."
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/08/01/another-gaping-hole-in-roger-goodells-personal-conduct-policy-r/
    [size=12pt]Bradshaw not going to be fined by league[/size]
    A league source confirmed what was reported a little while ago on the NFL Network, that the league has determined that whatever it was that Bradshaw did to violate his probation, it occurred prior to the start of his NFL career. As a result, it is not subject to punishment under the NFL’s personal conduct policy.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/07/bradshaw-not-going-to-be-fined.html
    So where's the hole? He handled two players exactly the same way. In the same week even.

    If the hack who wrote the Cherilus article can't even go back a few days to find something to fill his "gaping hole", he shouldn't be writing professionally.

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Another Gaping Hole in Roger Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy Revealed

    "gagarr" wrote:
    I don't see a hole.
    It's just logical that he can't punish a player for an act prior to entered the NFL.
    If he did it would be really stupid and subject to how far back does he go.

    Roger is doing a great job of trying to curb all the stupid
    ity.
    I'm just waiting to see the fines he hands down to the teams for miss behaving players.
    Benson should be good for a $100K easy.

    I gotta say one thing for Childress he seems to be running a tight ship.
    Agreed.
    It is hard to punish someone for something that happened before their NFL career.
    If Goodell did that, the next thing people would be arguing is a suspension for crap that happened in high school.

    Even though the case was settled after Cherilus became a member of the NFL, he will not be punished, according to league spokesman Greg Aiello, because "incident occurred prior to his NFL career."
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Another Gaping Hole in Roger Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy Revealed

    "Mr" wrote:
    [size=12pt]Another Gaping Hole in Roger Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy Revealed[/size]
    Even though the case was settled after Cherilus became a member of the NFL, he will not be punished, according to league spokesman Greg Aiello, because "incident occurred prior to his NFL career."
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/08/01/another-gaping-hole-in-roger-goodells-personal-conduct-policy-r/
    [size=12pt]Bradshaw not going to be fined by league[/size]
    A league source confirmed what was reported a little while ago on the NFL Network, that the league has determined that whatever it was that Bradshaw did to violate his probation, it occurred prior to the start of his NFL career. As a result, it is not subject to punishment under the NFL’s personal conduct policy.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/07/bradshaw-not-going-to-be-fined.html
    So where's the hole? He handled two players exactly the same way. In the same week even.

    If the hack who wrote the first article can't even go back a few days to find something to fill his "gaping hole." He shouldn't be writing professionally.
    +1
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Another Gaping Hole in Roger Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy Revealed

    We shouldn't be allowed to read anything anymore.
    LOL!
    90 some percent of writers seem to be editors now days.
    They don't want to report anything.
    They want to comment.


    Just the facts mam, just the facts, where is the investigating now days.

  10. #10
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Another Gaping Hole in Roger Goodell's Personal Conduct Policy Revealed

    I don't see a problem with that policy at all.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Similar Threads

  1. Text Of Roger Goodell's Letter To NFL Players
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 10:32 PM
  2. Ray Edwards questions Goodell's salary
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 09:40 PM
  3. Tice could have used Goodell's muscle in '05
    By COJOMAY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 07:49 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 04:59 PM
  5. NFL, Players Are Expected To Agree on Conduct Policy
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 10:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •