Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Andy Dalton has rocky first preseason start

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/12/andy-dalton-has-rocky-first-start/

Cincinnati went into halftime against the Lions Friday night down 24-3, in large part because Dalton couldnít stretch the field. Dalton completed 11-of-15 passes, but only for 69 yards. On his first play, he threw an interception off his back foot while he was getting hit.

Dalton made decent decisions otherwise, but every throw was underneath. (His longest completion was 11 yards.)

Blog Entries

Re: Andy Dalton has rocky first preseason start

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/13/jay-gruden-daltons-start-wasnt-a-total-debacle/

ďThe game wasnít a total debacle on his part,Ē Gruden said of Dalton. ďHe can get better as can everyone else. The good thing is there isnít anyone that can say hey Iím awesome. Everybody can say they have a lot of improvement to do. At least he didnít panic. He didnít have a scared look in his eyes and we just have to do a better job. Have to get better all the way around.Ē

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Nothing like watching a team start over and start over from scratch.

To bad they don't have a good GM. Someone other than Brown would have started over by getting something for his worn out QB as well and added those pieces to the mix.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104373

To bad they don't have a good GM. Someone other than Brown would have started over by getting something for his worn out QB as well and added those pieces to the mix.
    Heck, if they were the Vikings they would have just brought in another washed up QB to see if he could do what every other washed up QB has failed to do in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1104378

Heck, if they were the Vikings they would have just brought in another washed up QB to see if he could do what every other washed up QB has failed to do in the past.
    LOL, its gonna be fun watching you critique your "Noodle" my friend. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104380

Watch and learn Marty.

If he proves me wrong and does well I will admit it. If he doesn't I won't have to invent imaginary issues to hack on him to try and bolster my position.

For instance- I already will acknowledge that he is more involved with the young guys than I thought he would be. There have been several instances where I have seen him discussing things with the two young guys after they have been on the field which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1104395
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104380

Watch and learn Marty.

If he proves me wrong and does well I will admit it. If he doesn't I won't have to invent imaginary issues to hack on him to try and bolster my position.

For instance- I already will acknowledge that he is more involved with the young guys than I thought he would be. There have been several instances where I have seen him discussing things with the two young guys after they have been on the field which is a good thing.
    Obviously your disdain for the man comes nowhere close to mine for the Noodle.

Mix in the end of the 2009 season and how the 2010 season unfolded and I think my feelings are pretty justified.

For me, I'm kindof just chalking it up for a couple of seasons like we saw under Cunningham, only without the whole "Disdain" thing. :laugh: