Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Andre dyson may sign with the seahawks?

I have heard rumors that seattle is making a hard push to get andre dyson, to replace ken lucas. Man would this help us in the draft. I think tenn would then be forced to take a CB at 6 or trade down a little and still take a CB. This could really help our chances of getting mike williams. Hope it happens. Seattle was at one time, the front runner for surtain, but now he will be traded to KC. Seattle clearly wants to add a good vet CB and dyson or law are the only 2 left out there. Law is hurt and dyson wil be cheaper for them. I bet they get dyson and ty law eventually signs with pitt.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Andre dyson may sign with the seahawks?

Everyone keep your fingers crossed. We need Tennessee to pick a CB.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Del Rio...any inside scoop on this???
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    I have heard rumors that seattle is making a hard push to get andre dyson, to replace ken lucas. Man would this help us in the draft. I think tenn would then be forced to take a CB at 6 or trade down a little and still take a CB. This could really help our chances of getting mike williams. Hope it happens. Seattle was at one time, the front runner for surtain, but now he will be traded to KC. Seattle clearly wants to add a good vet CB and dyson or law are the only 2 left out there. Law is hurt and dyson wil be cheaper for them. I bet they get dyson and ty law eventually signs with pitt.
    I'm sorry but how does Seattle picking up a corner affect the Titans draft choice? They pick before Seattle. Maybe you thought the titans intended to get Dyson back? They had no intention of ever doing so, he was let go for salary cap reasons...they would not want him back at his price.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

From what I've read the Titans top needs are at CB, OT and WR. If they sign a CB in free agency (or get Dyson back at a lesser salary) they would likely take a receiver, or trade down since the OT's in this draft aren't top notch.

It may be tempting for the Titan's to take Mike Williams too, since their Offensive Coordinator Norm Chow coached him in college.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    I'm sorry but how does Seattle picking up a corner affect the Titans draft choice? They pick before Seattle. Maybe you thought the titans intended to get Dyson back? They had no intention of ever doing so, he was let go for salary cap reasons...they would not want him back at his price.

Sorry, but if you don't know what your talking about, don't come at me like that, with false info. Dyson's 2 choices are tenn and seattle right now. He wouldn't take a paycut for tenn, because he wanted to hit the FA market and see what he could get. No one except seattle has showed any real interest in him, except for tenn, who is trying to sign him back, at a lower price than his original contract. Just because a team releases a guy, doesn't mean he won't sign with them again. They got rid of him, because they had to, to get below the cap. That doesn't mean he won't resign with them for a smaller cap # this year. He still might, but I am hearing seattle is pushing hard for him and may offer him too much for tenn to handle. Which would do what for tenn? Force them to now look hard at CB with their #6 pick, whereas if they did get dyson to resign with a cap friendly deal, they could take a good look at mike williams. No dyson, and they have to look CB with their 1st pick. This is what it has to do with Tenn.

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Not really all I know is he said he is done in Tennessee. He thought it was a done deal in seattle the first time they talked this off season. I'm pretty sure he will be a seahawk. He is still a little peeved about the way the Titans handled his brother Kevin. He hasn't been happy there since.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Not really all I know is he said he is done in Tennessee. He thought it was a done deal in seattle the first time they talked this off season. I'm pretty sure he will be a seahawk. He is still a little peeved about the way the Titans handled his brother Kevin. He hasn't been happy there since.

Yeah, tenn kept saying they were interested in resigning dyson, but seattle seemed more realistic. Eventually they will get him. I don't see how tenn can't take rolle or pacman now at 6. I actually think they will end up trading down forsure now. They have talked about it lately.

If we do stay at 7, hoping for mike williams to fall(which would be stupid IMO), then hopefully a team that trades with them for 6, doesn't plan on taking williams. I am worried about SD the most, trying to get up and take BMW. I haven't heard if they like clayton or williamson. That will dictate what they do. If they like clayton or williamson, they will probably sit at 12 and take one of them.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:

Sorry, but if you don't know what your talking about, don't come at me like that, with false info. Dyson's 2 choices are tenn and seattle right now. He wouldn't take a paycut for tenn, because he wanted to hit the FA market and see what he could get. No one except seattle has showed any real interest in him, except for tenn, who is trying to sign him back, at a lower price than his original contract. Just because a team releases a guy, doesn't mean he won't sign with them again. They got rid of him, because they had to, to get below the cap. That doesn't mean he won't resign with them for a smaller cap # this year. He still might, but I am hearing seattle is pushing hard for him and may offer him too much for tenn to handle. Which would do what for tenn? Force them to now look hard at CB with their #6 pick, whereas if they did get dyson to resign with a cap friendly deal, they could take a good look at mike williams. No dyson, and they have to look CB with their 1st pick. This is what it has to do with Tenn.
    I guess you can claim that Tenessee was hoping to get him back, as I'm sure they were. However, you essentially confirmed what I was saying: They were not planning on bringing him back for what he was asking. You are just supposing that Dyson was WILLING to come back, which I'm sure he was, for his price.

All I'm saying is I don't see how this affects the Titans draft strategy. I am unaware of any talks between Dyson and the Tirans, so I am sure that they were already seriously considering taking a cornerback.

Cornerback still is and was their #1 priority, I guess you think that they were counting on getting Dyson back alot more than I believe they were.

No need to get offended.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:

I guess you can claim that Tenessee was hoping to get him back, as I'm sure they were. However, you essentially confirmed what I was saying: They were not planning on bringing him back for what he was asking. You are just supposing that Dyson was WILLING to come back, which I'm sure he was, for his price.

All I'm saying is I don't see how this affects the Titans draft strategy. I am unaware of any talks between Dyson and the Tirans, so I am sure that they were already seriously considering taking a cornerback.

Cornerback still is and was their #1 priority, I guess you think that they were counting on getting Dyson back alot more than I believe they were.

No need to get offended.

Yes, they were really hoping to get dyson back, so they could look at taking mike williams. And now they will see that they have no chance at getting dyson back, and they will know they have no chioce but to take CB. If they had some hope of getting dyson back, then they would look at mike williams.

Basically this changes tenn situation at 6, from a good amount of interest in a CB and a small amount of interest in mike williams, to now a huge amount of interest in a CB and tiny tiny interest in mike williams. This is in our favor even more now.

Any changes in interest in mike williams is good for us, if it the interest goes down. That is what my point was.

No offense was taken, but you said tenn wasn't an option for dyson, but in a way it was, since tenn said they wanted him back and seattle was the only other team out there with interest in him. The longer he was in FA with no teams interested in him, the more that tenn thought they could reisgn him back. That has changed with seattle's push to get him and with seattle losing out on surtain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast