cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

American stars on their way to Parken (Denmark)

[size=7pt]*Disclaimer: I don't believe I'm inflicting copyright rights, as I need to translate this article for readers to enjoy, and am potentially creating hits to the Danish site.
    [/size]
    [size=13pt]American stars on their way to Parken[/size]

Af FLEMMING FJELDGAARD

Offentliggjort 25.02.08 kl. 22:33

Denmark looks to get a lead part in the aggressive struggle for venueplacement on the global sports market. The NFL consider scheduling a game in Parken, Copenhagen in 2009 or 2010.

NFL scheduled a game in London last year, the first regular season game ever in Europe, and the Americans will schedule more games around these parts going forward, to increase the revenue from mainly the European TV- and merchandise markets.

»We have held official meetings with the NFL management, and that wouldn't happen if the NFL didn't seriously consider Denmark,« says the American Ambassador to Denmark, James P. Cain, who has been on the Danish side of the meeting table together with Flemming Østergaard, chairman of Parken Sport & Entertainment.

To the Danes advantage counts probably the Ambassadors' history as President for the NHL club Carolina Hurricanes and by that his close connection to the top of the American sportsworld. Added to that is probably the Danish kicker and record holder Morten Andersen, who with his star-name probably isn't without importance, when the NFL considers Copenhagen, on top of bigger European cities.

Sport Event Denmark possesses the financing support, that might be able to make to project real. But here they also ask whether the NFL is actually interested in Copenhagen.

»NFL is first and foremost interested in Europe and the European TV-audience not particular cities, and that's why Denmark could be an option,« explains James P. Cain.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Re: American stars on their way to Parken (Denmark)

Cool stuff, Cogs; thanks for doing that translating. Hopefully this works out and you guys across the pond get a piece of the NFL love. I could even support a Vikings game overseas if I knew they'd have fans like you to cheer them on.
    ;D

"The" wrote:
    Cool stuff, Cogs; thanks for doing that translating. Hopefully this works out and you guys across the pond get a piece of the NFL love. I could even support a Vikings game overseas if I knew they'd have fans like you to cheer them on.
    ;D
    Thanks man.

There's probably still a long way to go, but at least they are still in it.

Now that I've moved, I actually lives only 3.5 miles away from Parken.

ancoin is offline Starter

Cogs, I love the news but I don't think Parken is big enough. It only holds like 45.000 at max. When NFL comes to Europe it has to cover all the NFL fans over here. And with only one game a year they need to get a stadium like Nou Camp or Olympic station in Bayer...

But if we get a game i would kill for a ticket Specially if we could get a Vikings game.

Thank to Lotza

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Dude, that would be awesome!!!!

I would definitly come down and watch that game, especially if the Vikes were playing
    It'll be my first NFL game ever ... and I'll wear my Peterson jersey of course.

"ancoin" wrote:
    Cogs, I love the news but I don't think Parken is big enough. It only holds like 45.000 at max. When NFL comes to Europe it has to cover all the NFL fans over here. And with only one game a year they need to get a stadium like Nou Camp or Olympic station in Bayer...

But if we get a game i would kill for a ticket Specially if we could get a Vikings game.
    I think you're right. The kicker - if it were to happen - will be the potential financial support done by Sport Event Denmark.

I'd like to get in there also if it got here.

ancoin is offline Starter

"cogitans" wrote:
    "ancoin" wrote:

I think you're right. The kicker - if it were to happen - will be the potential financial support done by Sport Event Denmark.

I'd like to get in there also if it got here.
    Let's hope Don Ø can pull it off.
    Maybe some sort of honor for Morten Andersen....

Thank to Lotza

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That sounds great news ... I'd love to make the journey to Denmark for that
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...