Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: For all those Derrick Harvey defenders on here...record holdout for Jags.

this shit is fucking stupid, needs to be fixed asap

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMike" wrote:
    This guy was never projected anywhere near an 8...but the Jags moved way up to take him there. Now they don't like the deals received for the guys drafted near him? Wow, they are screwed...kinda reminds me of some of the screwups the Vikes had during Red's days.
    LOL, trouble follows Tice?

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"gregair13" wrote:
    I don't even know if we would have drafted Harvey if we didn't trade for allen. good thing we did though.

but the jags are dumb, at least right now, for trading up for him. if this guy wants to play, he should just take what the jags are offer and play his way into a big time contract. this is why rookies need a cap
    I would be ok with a cap if they were 1 or 2 years at max contracts.
    As unfair is it can be for top rookies to get locked into huge money, it's equally as appalling to expect them to be happy over performing and getting paid a lot less than they should.

I still think an overall cap is not the best idea, what is the best idea is a cap on guaranteed money and be able to still get incentive money.
    If you cap the rookies then you would need to have an arbitration system where it can be decided if a rookie deserves more money for over performing much like the MLB.
    But honestly what's next, a cap on free agent contracts so less deserving players don't end up get fat contracts while the poor other players are stuck on their teams with worse ones?
    A guy like BB can luck out and get a huge contract while a year or two from now a WR might not be able to cash in as much because of the market, so why isn't that unfair as well?

The owners are the ones who made this mess, and now people want to punish the rookies for the owners mistakes.
    Bad deal.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

Regardless of whether a rookie cap is right, wrong or indifferent, I am glad the Vikes aren't dealing with Mr Harvey. I was hoping we'd get him, before the Allen trade, and was even hoping for a trade up to do it. WHEEW!

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

You get to professionally play the greatest team sport in the US.
    You are gonna make millions.
    Shut up and settle on something and report.

I would love to see a team just sit there once and say we are doing nothing more than the contract in front of you.
    Sign it or you dont play.

Wonder how many of them could make use of their college degrees than?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if they don't sign him, he goes back into the draft pool next year.

Bet he won't get drafted as high if that happens.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Geez, The Jags gave up ALOT to get up there to select him. I am sure they are so glad they decided to hop up there and grab him.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If they don't sign him, wouldn't he become a free agent?
    or can you trade an unsigned player?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Nope, I believe he goes back into next years draft.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Nope, I believe he goes back into next years draft.
    There's a deadline by which time the player needs to "re-enter" the draft, but the teams do not hold their rights longer than a year or so, you are correct.

The most famous example is probably Bo Jackson, who was drafted 1st overall by Tampa Bay, but chose instead to play baseball for Kansas City.
    He went back into the draft the next year and the Raiders took him in later rounds (the 7th, maybe?) and did that deal where he could keep playing baseball while in season and then play football later once the Royals were done.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast