Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,160

    Alexander jumping on holdout bandwagon

    This is getting sad. Great players holding out for more money or long term deals. What ever happened to the days when you played for the love of the game?


    Alexander Holding out

  2. #2
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Alexander jumping on holdout bandwagon

    AK Vike Fan: Today the game is all about "Straight Cash Homey".
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  3. #3
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Alexander jumping on holdout bandwagon

    They ARE playing for the love of the game...unfortunately, the game is MONEY!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #4
    Angryviking's Avatar
    Angryviking is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    292

    Re: Alexander jumping on holdout bandwagon

    is Alexander's agent Rosenhause(spg?) as well? or is he just doing this cuz Seattle just keeps franchising him to keep another season.
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

  5. #5
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,308

    Re: Alexander jumping on holdout bandwagon

    Alexander has a right to do this. They keep franchising him and not giving him a longterm deal when he constantly produces. This is about security more than money. Without a longterm deal (and an upfront signing bonus) an injury could destroy his earning potential, etc. I am never against someone who is constantly tagged holding out. The Franchise tag is a good thing at times, but really should not be allowed for the same player year in and year out

  6. #6
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Alexander jumping on holdout bandwagon

    I have no problem with any player holding out. It seems it is the only leverage they have in negotiating. The NFL and the teams hold all the cards.

    How many years can they play football? I mean their carreers are explosive and generate more money in a year then I will ever see. We work 40+ years they are lucky to get a solid 10 in. Every year is a fight for as much money as they can possibly get. This is their job.

    If you want serious football that is all about heart and the love of the game watch some College ball Div 2, Div 3 watch some HS football watch ultravikings kids team. If you want to see the best of the best watch the pro's but expect some buisiness issues.

  7. #7
    CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    336

    Re: Alexander jumping on holdout bandwagon

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I have no problem with any player holding out. It seems it is the only leverage they have in negotiating. The NFL and the teams hold all the cards.

    How many years can they play football? I mean their carreers are explosive and generate more money in a year then I will ever see. We work 40+ years they are lucky to get a solid 10 in. Every year is a fight for as much money as they can possibly get. This is their job.

    If you want serious football that is all about heart and the love of the game watch some College ball Div 2, Div 3 watch some HS football watch ultravikings
    kids team. If you want to see the best of the best watch the pro's but expect some buisiness issues.
    I totally agree with you on this one Del Rio. And as far as Shaun Alexander goes, the guy is a stud, a TD machine, that deserves a long-term contract. I for one cannot understand why Seattle is balking at giving Alexander a big contract. It is probably because Holmgren is a jerk!

    Cheers!

  8. #8
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Alexander jumping on holdout bandwagon

    "CanadaViking" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I have no problem with any player holding out. It seems it is the only leverage they have in negotiating. The NFL and the teams hold all the cards.

    How many years can they play football? I mean their carreers are explosive and generate more money in a year then I will ever see. We work 40+ years they are lucky to get a solid 10 in. Every year is a fight for as much money as they can possibly get. This is their job.

    If you want serious football that is all about heart and the love of the game watch some College ball Div 2, Div 3 watch some HS football watch ultravikings
    kids team. If you want to see the best of the best watch the pro's but expect some buisiness issues.
    I totally agree with you on this one Del Rio. And as far as Shaun Alexander goes, the guy is a stud, a TD machine, that deserves a long-term contract. I for one cannot understand why Seattle is balking at giving Alexander a big contract. It is probably because Holmgren is a jerk!

    Cheers!
    Seattle did have to sign their quarterback this year for that long term deal and they had to replace Ken Lucas and Chad Brown on the defense. Shaun will just have to wait till next year to be the #1 priority.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  9. #9
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Alexander jumping on holdout bandwagon

    Or the seahawks will have to wait another 10 years for another RB that equals the talent of the one they are about to lose.

  10. #10
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Alexander jumping on holdout bandwagon

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Or the seahawks will have to wait another 10 years for another RB that equals the talent of the one they are about to lose.
    No matter how talented he is if you don't have a soild quarterback and a good defensive core they will be no better than last years 9-7 record.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. No Bridge Jumping!
    By Ski_Money in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 08:06 PM
  2. Holdout fines $16K/day?
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 05:19 PM
  3. Brian Baker jumping for joy!!!
    By TheAnimal93 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 11:40 AM
  4. Not jumping ship....
    By LosAngelis in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 04:10 PM
  5. Packers jumping the gun?
    By DoubleDown11 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 07:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •