Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Afraid of the Saints?

As they lose at home to Tampa...and Carolina on a role....if they lose there...

Are you worried about them anymore? Feel we can compete rather than assuming we will roll over?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re:Afraid of the Saints?

Webby wrote:
    As they lose at home to Tampa...and Carolina on a role....if they lose there...

Are you worried about them anymore? Feel we can compete rather than assuming we will roll over?
    Not really worried about any team. The Vikings can beat any team if they play a physical game.

The one team I have always felt it would come down to is the Eagles and Vikings in the NFC championship game, in the dome.

That game would be 50-50 in my mind.

The Cowboys are soft.

The Packers are much better than the last time we played them. But they have been playing a lot of easy teams.

I don't expect the Saints to beat the wildcard winner they will face in the first game.

Cardinals could be challenging. I think we learned a fair amount the last time we played them.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Eagles scare me but hopefully we get them at home. Saints are beatable. Packers are who we thought they are. A team we beat twice. Cardinals can't beat us at home. Cowboys are soft.

I think we should focus on how we're going to win as opposed to how easy a team must be for them to lose to us. It's just not the right mindset. We can lose to any team if we judge their strength in comparison to ours. We all know that if the Vikings bring their "A" game, then they can dominate any other teams "A" game. The Saints are falling as predicted. They've lost Shockey and Thomas, and just lost 2 in a row (includindg a 1 win team). The Vikings should have the best playoff conditions should they keep moving forward
    Sean Saunders

poisoning16 is offline Rookie

I don't know who to be worried about now. NFC just looks wide open, no team is standing out as the best right now except maybe the Eagles. Saints and Vikes have both showed chinks in their armor this month

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

The Saints have been struggling for the last six weeks. I am still worried about them though. I don't think we match up with their offense well at all and if they can stop the running game then we will have to resort to Favre gunslinging into an opportunistic D.

I don't see how so many people can call the Cardinals "beatable" and the Cowboys "soft". This race is wide-open, meaning any team could be super bowl bound. I expect to win but I certainly don't think that we will be facing weak opponents. Every playoff game in the NFC is going to be tough.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

The Saints are experts at folding under pressure. One playoff win since 1967.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    The Saints are experts at folding under pressure. One playoff win since 1967.
    But they've got Darren Sharper! He's good for 1 pick and 3 whiffs each game!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Its all about matchups right now, not who beat who when/where or who has played soft teams or not......

Teams we don't matchup well against have the following qualities......

a. Teams that can put 3 Quality WR's on the field.
    b. Teams with a dominant Pass Rusher.
    c. Teams that sustain drives (Convert 3rd downs)
    d. Teams that can throw it deep off of play action.
    e. Teams with an active TE.

Teams that have multiple WR threats....

a. Indy - Only team with 2 players in the top 10 in receptions (Wayne 4th/Clark 7th)
    b. SD - Only team with 2 players in the top 10 in total yards (Jackson 7th/Gates 6th)
    c. Indy - Only team with 2 players in the top 10 in TD receptions (Wayne/Clark Tied 5th)
    d. Although Deshaun is having a memorable year in Philly with some long plays, SD is the only team that has 2 players in the top 10 in avg recieving yards (Floyd 4th/Jackson 6th)

QB's leading the league in total yards passing from teams that worry me heading into the playoffs.....

2nd Manning
    3rd Brees
    5th Rodgers
    7th Rivers

QB's leading the league in passing TD's from teams that worry me heading into the playoffs.....

1rst Brees
    2nd Manning
    3rd Rodgers
    Tied 5th Noodle, Manning, Rivers

QB's leading the league in passing yards avg from teams that worry me heading into the playoffs.....

1rst Rivers
    3rd Brees
    5th McNabb
    6th Rodgers
    8th Manning

Individual Sack Leaders from teams that worry me heading into the playoffs.......

2nd Freeney, JA
    4th Will Smith
    5th Trent Cole

Team efficiency in 3rd down conversions...

2nd GB
    4th Indy, Cincy
    6th Vikes
    8th NO, NE

Some other things to ponder when you consider matchups....

1. How disciplined are teams. Who doesn't kill themselves via the penalty

2nd Indy
    6th SD
    13th NO

GB is 32nd and the Iggles are 29th by the way.

2. Field Position

No team seems to be prolific in Net Avg for punting that really worries me with AR (6th), Dallas (8th) and SD (Scifres 9th).

3. FG's Only two teams have a FG kicker in the top 10 with FG's made.

Akers (1rst)
    Kaeding (2nd)

Long story short, in the NFC, teams I don't want to face, Aints, GB or Iggles (in that order). In the AFC, Colts and Chargers (in that order) would be a tough matchup in the SB.

Bring on everybody else.

ESPN NFL Stats
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    ...Long story short, in the NFC, teams I don't want to face, Aints, GB or Iggles (in that order). In the AFC, Colts and Chargers (in that order) would be a tough matchup in the SB.

Bring on everybody else.

ESPN NFL Stats
    Saints will not play the Vikings because they will be one and done. The Packers will lose to the Vikings at the dump in the divisional round of the playoffs. The Iggles will come back to earth in the NFC championship round. Vikings beat the Colts in the Super Bowl, the same way the Jets did yesterday afternoon...special teams, defense, and running the ball down their throats.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast