Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    rpmsports is offline Waterboy

Re: Adam Shefter Reports Carr To The Vikings!!

I like the 68. 3% completion percentage, I sure would love to have Carr, I've been a fan for years.
    He's one tough SoB and if anything he would push TJ. . . and should be alot cheaper now that he's a FA. . . I'm crossing my fingers that Oakland and Cleveland are set on getting Russell and Quinn and won't drive Carr's price up.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"rpmsports" wrote:
    I like the 68. 3% completion percentage, I sure would love to have Carr, I've been a fan for years.
    He's one tough SoB and if anything he would push TJ. . . and should be alot cheaper now that he's a FA. . . I'm crossing my fingers that Oakland and Cleveland are set on getting Russell and Quinn and won't drive Carr's price up.
    i think they will be..we dont have any shot at quinn in the draft so signing carr would be an excellent move
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "VikingPatrick" wrote:
    Hmmmmmm Lets just get on Mr. Peabody's "wayback" machine and take a gander at what we have done this off season to fill the NEEDS that we have....
    WIDE REC................NOTHING
    MID LINEBACKER.......NOTHING
    RIGHT GUARD..........NOTHING
    DEF END...................NOTHING
    QB..........................NOTHING
    WR:
    Bobby Wade was signed.
    Tennessee's coaches have described him as their best play-maker and they are upset he was let go.

MLB:
    Dontarrious Thomas & EJ Henderson, both of whom are already on the roster, are available as options.

RG:
    Two options are already on the roster for RG - Artis Hicks and Marcus Johnson.

DE:
    Erasmus James returning from injury is key, but the Vikings also have two 2nd-year players in Ray Edwards and Jayme Mitchell who both showed flashes of brilliance last year in limited roles.

QB:
    The Future is already on the roster.

Now - my question back to you is:
    WHO do you think the Vikings should have signed or acquired or traded for at those positions?

=Z=
    WR: Joe Horn (Wade would be a good compliment)

MLB: Donnie Edwards (but would also be happy with Al Wilson)

RG: Someone to coach Marcus Johnson one-on-one!

DE: I am happy with who we have...Erasmus and Edwards should provide plenty of pressure

QB: David Carr (to hold the reins while TJack develops into a top-flight QB...just like Steve McNair...another Division I-AA QB...was allowed to do).
    Horn - injury-prone who was wanting wayyyyy more money than he was worth.

Edwards - your man-love for him clouds the fact that he wanted to go one place and didn't make himself available for anyone else even to talk to him.

Wilson - have the Vikings failed to go after him?
    Do you a microphone in the Big Chill's office which provides you insight that the rest of us don't have?

=Z=
    Marc Wilson???

Horn would have been worth it for a one-year deal.
    Edwards would have gone where the best money was...it isn't a proven fact that he wanted to play for the Chiefs.
    Or do YOU have a microphone in someone's office (or orafice)?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cogitans" wrote:
    POSTED 3:56 p.m. EDT, March 23, 2007
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

TEXANS CUT DAVE AND DOMANICK

A year ago, the Houston Texans passed on quarterback Vince Young and running back Reggie Bush with the first overall pick in the draft because quarterback David Carr and running back Domanick Davis were the franchise's choices at those positions for 2006 and, presumably, beyond.

A year later, none of the four players in question are under contract with the Texans.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Texans have cut Carr and Davis (who is now known as Domanick Williams).

It is, in our view, a stunning turn of events.
    Carr was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft, and Williams/Davis was regarded not long ago as a rising star after rushing for more than 1,000 in each of his first two NFL seasons.

Williams/Davis missed all of the 2006 season due to a knee injury, and Carr was generally ineffective in 2006, despite leading the league for a while in passer rating.

Carr's fate was sealed when the team traded for quarterback Matt Schaub and named him the starter.
    But the Texans were expected to at least trade him for a low-round draft pick.

The team paid an $8 million option bonus not long after the 2005 season ended to secure the rights to Carr for three more seasons.
    The decision to keep Carr took them out of the running for Young, a Houston native who won the NFL offensive rookie of the year award and who became the first rookie quarterback to play in a Pro Bowl.
    That was such a rigged deal...both Colston and Jones-Drew did way more than Vince Young did to deserve OROY!

On another note, we should pick up BOTH Carr and Davis/Williams if we can do it for a reasonable price.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Edwards would have gone where the best money was...it isn't a proven fact that he wanted to play for the Chiefs.
    No, Horn would NOT have been worth it.
    He would have been just as big of a disruption and injury problem as Marcus Robinson.

Donnie Edwards interviewed with only ONE team - what evidence do you have that he "would have gone where the best money was..."?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Hawkeye23" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    YOU would perfer Carr to Quinn?? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    What is your infatuation with Brady Quinn?

David Carr has been sacked an NFL record number of times, and still has played well and posted very good numbers. The Texans never had much of a running game, it was decent with Domanick Davis, but they've had inconsistent receivers, Andre Johnson is among them, he shines at times, but is overall inconsistent. Carr completed 68.3% of his passes this season, and that number can only go up if he is in the WCO, and is not pressured nearly as much.

Quinn is completely unproven in the NFL, and I am not even impressed with what he's done in college. He's choked in big games, and against top level competition he completely fell apart. Sure he's got a good arm, the correct mechanics, good footwork, but so did Ryan Leaf, so did countless other QBs who teams have spent high draft picks on only to be let down.

I'll take the semi-proven NFL QB over the unproven NFL QB with similar, or inferior ability. I don't see why there's all this love for Quinn.
    Apparently, the pro scouts who rank Quinn in the top 10 of the 2007 draft see SOMETHING in him that you don't see.
    Are you blinded by prejudice for TJ or prejudice against Quinn or some other reason?

There is no guarantee that Russell or Quinn would succeed in the NFL.
    That is true for TJ and Aaron Rodgers or Schaub or Carr and a few other young QBs.

To answer you question directly, my interest (not infatuation) with Quinn is that he is projected as a top QB in the 2007 draft, and he might be available at #7 to upgrade the Vikings QB position.

Now, the more relevant question is 'what is your concern with Quinn?'
    This is relevant due to the fact that your opinion is contrary to that of many experienced professional NFL talent scouts.

SOMEONE has my back ya!! mr anderson whats ur deal with reigning on my parades all the time do you hate me?
    I don't hate you, I hate your stupid posts with no backing. You can't just say you're opinion and laugh at someone else's with nothing else behind that. And you've brought up Quinn in like every one of your posts I've read.

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Horn and Edwards had their chance to pick what teams to negotiate with and for how much.
    They both had a chance to come here, they decided not to.
    Just as the four WR we were supposedly seeking had a chance to come here and play.
    They chose not to.
    I see that as alarming and dangerous.
    We must be thinking about doing our business through the draft.
    I like the idea personally.
    But all this talk about Quinn is making me sick.
    No way should we even think about getting Quinn.
    I like the idea of Carr better than Quinn.

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    No, Horn would NOT have been worth it.
    He would have been just as big of a disruption and injury problem as Marcus Robinson.

Donnie Edwards interviewed with only ONE team - what evidence do you have that he "would have gone where the best money was..."?

=Z=
    BOTH of those guys KNEW that the Vikings would just sit on their hands!
    That's why!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Why Quinn?
    Why another "Vikings quarterback of the future".
    We drafted him last year, his last name is Jackson.
    Sure we don't know if he will work out, but the same can be said about Quinn.
    Does Quinn have more potential?
    Probably, but why waste another pick...1st round none the less on another piece of unproven talent.

I would ONLY accept taking Quinn IF we could get a decent WR by trading TJack...which AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!
    Therefore, there is NO REASON to take Quinn if he or TJack is just gonna sit on the bench!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast