Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51
  1. #41
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Adam Schein Destroys Tarvaris Jackson and Bevell

    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1107018
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107016
    Quote Originally Posted by "Traveling_Vike" #1107013
    I am hesitant to bring this up, but I was on Marty's side in this bet, one of the very few. Unfortunately for us, TJ went to one of the worst possible places for his chance to succeed.

    A good chunk of my optimism for him relied on his getting away from Childress and Bevell. Well, we all see how that worked out. I still believe that in the right situation, he could be a competent NFL starter, but he isn't in that situation so will likely fail and take the 'Hawks down with him.

    I really like the kid, and genuinely feel sorry for what he's had to deal with in his pro career.
    Hah, I knew there were a couple that sided with me. I forgot about you.

    Don't worry my friend. The year is young and so are TJ's legs. He will be fine and I will enjoy the beers.
    Jamarcus Russel's legs are pretty young too. Your point?
    Not that hard of a point to follow.....

    Eventually that line (might be week 1 is my guess) will get it ironed out, but until then TJ is gonna run around alot.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #42
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Adam Schein Destroys Tarvaris Jackson and Bevell

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106360
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1106270
    I was going to make another thread but I am not that mean.

    In the most telling preseason game of the season.....T-JOKE is 13 for 22 for 94 yards and a TD. He played into the 4th quarter. Is that good guys?Whitehurst came in with 6 minutes left. Come on Marrdro it is time to give in. Even his best supporters C Mac and that one guy with the T-JOKE avatar gave up. It is ok to admit defeat.
    I have the whole season.

    Heck, your still sticking up for Shortwell. :P
    LONGwell is a HOFer. T-JOKE is not.

  3. #43
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Adam Schein Destroys Tarvaris Jackson and Bevell

    Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1106527
    I'm not sure how the guy still hasn't perfected the dazed look
    He has.


  4. #44
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Adam Schein Destroys Tarvaris Jackson and Bevell

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106533
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1106320
    TJ doesn't need more time, he just needs to have atleast one blocker in this picture. :laugh:
    Funny how you never said that for Favre. Double standards indeed. Where is Singer? Oh yeah that rule only applies when it is in his favor. *rolling eyes*

  5. #45
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Adam Schein Destroys Tarvaris Jackson and Bevell

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106552
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1106549
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106529
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1106526
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106523
    Let's take a step back, it's only the preseason.
    Tjack just needs more time.
    lol. Preseason stats are worthless. If he had good preseason numbers you would be saying the same thing.
    My comment was only partially tongue in cheek. He is on a new team with mostly new receivers and blockers, etc. I think it takes most QBs a little time to gain that comfort and confidence. I'm still not sold that he'll be any better than he was at MN, but I think we'll see some improvement in the regular season if he can hold onto the starting position, not that it would be too terribly hard to improve upon his preseason stats.
    I find it funny that the cats who were calling for Charlie, cause he was doing better going against backups, ceased and decisted when they saw that TJ could do just as well against backups.

    Excuse or not, TJ will do fine if that OL can let him have a bit of time. Started to see some of that coming around in last weeks game, even against the defensive 1's and if Gurode sticks around, I think you will see it get even better.
    I doubt it.

  6. #46
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Adam Schein Destroys Tarvaris Jackson and Bevell

    Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1106616
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106360
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1106270
    I was going to make another thread but I am not that mean.

    In the most telling preseason game of the season.....T-JOKE is 13 for 22 for 94 yards and a TD. He played into the 4th quarter. Is that good guys?Whitehurst came in with 6 minutes left. Come on Marrdro it is time to give in. Even his best supporters C Mac and that one guy with the T-JOKE avatar gave up. It is ok to admit defeat.
    I have the whole season.

    Heck, your still sticking up for Shortwell. :P
    I hate to change the subject, but how can you hate on LONGwell? You continue to do it when in fact he's been one of the best kickers in the league. Even if his kickoffs don't go out of the endzone this new rule (although it sucks) will benefit him even more. Quit hating on a guy who actually produced for us and sticking up for a guy (sometimes) who didn't.
    Clearly he is confused. Sometimes old age makes you senile. It is proven that you lose brain cells as you age. Just saying.

  7. #47
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Adam Schein Destroys Tarvaris Jackson and Bevell

    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1106619
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106552
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1106549
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106529
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1106526
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106523
    Let's take a step back, it's only the preseason.
    Tjack just needs more time.
    lol. Preseason stats are worthless. If he had good preseason numbers you would be saying the same thing.
    My comment was only partially tongue in cheek. He is on a new team with mostly new receivers and blockers, etc. I think it takes most QBs a little time to gain that comfort and confidence. I'm still not sold that he'll be any better than he was at MN, but I think we'll see some improvement in the regular season if he can hold onto the starting position, not that it would be too terribly hard to improve upon his preseason stats.
    I find it funny that the cats who were calling for Charlie, cause he was doing better going against backups, ceased and decisted when they saw that TJ could do just as well against backups.

    Excuse or not, TJ will do fine if that OL can let him have a bit of time. Started to see some of that coming around in last weeks game, even against the defensive 1's and if Gurode sticks around, I think you will see it get even better.
    Already building in the excuses. If he sucks it will because of the offensive line. We all see it coming. And we all know you will use the excuse, because he will suck.
    Yet when our OL sucked under Favre last year, he said they were fine. LMFAO!

  8. #48
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Adam Schein Destroys Tarvaris Jackson and Bevell

    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1107018
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107016
    Quote Originally Posted by "Traveling_Vike" #1107013
    I am hesitant to bring this up, but I was on Marty's side in this bet, one of the very few. Unfortunately for us, TJ went to one of the worst possible places for his chance to succeed.

    A good chunk of my optimism for him relied on his getting away from Childress and Bevell. Well, we all see how that worked out. I still believe that in the right situation, he could be a competent NFL starter, but he isn't in that situation so will likely fail and take the 'Hawks down with him.

    I really like the kid, and genuinely feel sorry for what he's had to deal with in his pro career.
    Hah, I knew there were a couple that sided with me. I forgot about you.

    Don't worry my friend. The year is young and so are TJ's legs. He will be fine and I will enjoy the beers.
    Jamarcus Russel's legs are pretty young too. Your point?
    HAHAHAHAHAHA and so are Vince Youngs.

  9. #49
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Adam Schein Destroys Tarvaris Jackson and Bevell

    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1107058
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1107018
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107016
    Quote Originally Posted by "Traveling_Vike" #1107013
    I am hesitant to bring this up, but I was on Marty's side in this bet, one of the very few. Unfortunately for us, TJ went to one of the worst possible places for his chance to succeed.

    A good chunk of my optimism for him relied on his getting away from Childress and Bevell. Well, we all see how that worked out. I still believe that in the right situation, he could be a competent NFL starter, but he isn't in that situation so will likely fail and take the 'Hawks down with him.

    I really like the kid, and genuinely feel sorry for what he's had to deal with in his pro career.
    Hah, I knew there were a couple that sided with me. I forgot about you.

    Don't worry my friend. The year is young and so are TJ's legs. He will be fine and I will enjoy the beers.
    Jamarcus Russel's legs are pretty young too. Your point?
    HAHAHAHAHAHA and so are Vince Youngs.
    So are Webb's.

    Oh wait, he actually played good. And not even 5 years and 50 starts to use as a minimum to be able to judge him.:laugh:

  10. #50
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Adam Schein Destroys Tarvaris Jackson and Bevell

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1107146
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1107058
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1107018
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107016
    Quote Originally Posted by "Traveling_Vike" #1107013
    I am hesitant to bring this up, but I was on Marty's side in this bet, one of the very few. Unfortunately for us, TJ went to one of the worst possible places for his chance to succeed.

    A good chunk of my optimism for him relied on his getting away from Childress and Bevell. Well, we all see how that worked out. I still believe that in the right situation, he could be a competent NFL starter, but he isn't in that situation so will likely fail and take the 'Hawks down with him.

    I really like the kid, and genuinely feel sorry for what he's had to deal with in his pro career.
    Hah, I knew there were a couple that sided with me. I forgot about you.

    Don't worry my friend. The year is young and so are TJ's legs. He will be fine and I will enjoy the beers.
    Jamarcus Russel's legs are pretty young too. Your point?
    HAHAHAHAHAHA and so are Vince Youngs.
    So are Webb's.

    Oh wait, he actually played good. And not even 5 years and 50 starts to use as a minimum to be able to judge him.:laugh:
    50 starts? 5 years of starting? LOL!

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Adam Schein from FoxSports.com picks the Vikes to go 7-9
    By shockzilla in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 10:47 PM
  2. 9 Reasons why the Packers will win: By adam schein
    By echizen20 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 06:03 AM
  3. Tarvaris Jackson
    By VIKINAT0R in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 10:19 PM
  4. TARVARIS JACKSON
    By DustinDupont in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 10:43 PM
  5. Adam Schein article from FOXSports.com
    By Muggsy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 10:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •