Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adam Schefter

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Adam Schefter

Has he pretty much disappeared from the draft scene or am I just not watching things like I used to? When he was with NFLN he was a big dog but since his move to espn and especially this year I don't see much coverage from him at all.

Not that I miss his thoughts but I find it interesting.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Adam Schefter

When it gets closer to draft day he'll be more active.

He's the "NFL Insider," not really an analyst. If you go on Twitter on draft day, he'll have the pick about 3 minutes before the commissioner.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1092841

He's the "NFL Insider," not really an analyst. If you go on Twitter on draft day, he'll have the pick about 3 minutes before the commissioner.
    Came in here to say pretty much this. Adam is only on ESPN now rather than the network so his coverage is different.
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1092888

Came in here to say pretty much this. Adam is only on ESPN now rather than the network so his coverage is different.
    He sold out to the Mouse when he moved to ESPN and his coverage shows it.

In the end, I will have both channels on (ESPN and NFLN) during the draft as I follow the proceedings, but I will have the volume up on NFLN for the most part, mostly cause I can't stand Kiper, but I also think that NFLN has better coverage because of the people and access they have over ESPN.

On a side note, McShay could easily move over to NFLN. He is the only thing I like from the ESPN team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092940

In the end, I will have both channels on (ESPN and NFLN) during the draft as I follow the proceedings, but I will have the volume up on NFLN for the most part, mostly cause I can't stand Kiper, but I also think that NFLN has better coverage because of the people and access they have over ESPN.

On a side note, McShay could easily move over to NFLN. He is the only thing I like from the ESPN team.
    The ESPN coverage sucks in comparison to NFL Network. Just watch the real network

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1092985

The ESPN coverage sucks in comparison to NFL Network. Just watch the real network
    For the most part I wouldn't even know that ESPN was still on the air if it wasn't in my way going through the channels to get to NFLN. It could just as well go the way of CNN/SI( Which I always liked better than ESPN anyway.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Schefter is really the only connection I have with ESPN... and I really only follow him on Twitter. I do like Todd McShay and the Sportscenter anchors though.

Their gameday crew is good as well.

They suck for analysis though.

I also don't have NFLN at school, only when I go home do I get to see it.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

With Kiper and McShay already on board.. There is no real need for Schefter in all of the draft talk..

I do feel that he was better with NFL Network.. But he is a good guy and well informed..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093024
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1092985

For the most part I wouldn't even know that ESPN was still on the air if it wasn't in my way going through the channels to get to NFLN. It could just as well go the way of CNN/SI( Which I always liked better than ESPN anyway.
    ESPN might be the only american channel I am happy we do not get here in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1093028
    With Kiper and McShay already on board.. There is no real need for Schefter in all of the draft talk..
    The best guy is Mike Mayock anyways. I remember one year where he nailed literally every single pick in the first round. It was incredible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast