Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Active QB's that are most likely HOFers

IMO Warner is a tough call. He ahs had a few tremendous seasons. Brought his team to the superbowl 3 times and won it once. You can't argue his effectiveness.

However, there were those years in between that were just horrible. IMO 4 great years in the NFL do not and should not get you in the HOF. It should be consistency of being great. That is what the HOF is all about. Warner has been good and sometimes great but he's also been bad and sometimes terrible.

The fact he has been to 3 superbowls make him a contender but I just don't personally believe it is enough. Not when you look at the other QBs we are talking about in Favre, Manning and Brady.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Zeus wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Warner should, eventually. I think he will get some credit for what he did before the nfl.
    He should get credit for bagging groceries at Hy-Vee?

=Z=
    Yes, it's one of the greatest underdog stories in NFL history. He's probably the greatest undrafted player in NFL history(atleast modern NFL). As a voter I think that kind of story might tip the scales on a close call like warner.

I think with the pair of MVP's, superbowl MVP, and a career passer rating of 93.7 he's in.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    lol. why would he get credit for not being good enough to play i n the NFL, then becoming good enough?
    why do you laugh at my opinions? They are just opinions. BTW, you still havn't responded in the AD vs CJ thread.

Phillip Rivers definetly deserves to be in the same conversation as Eli and Ben. What a great draft year.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    lol. why would he get credit for not being good enough to play i n the NFL, then becoming good enough?
    why do you laugh at my opinions? They are just opinions. BTW, you still havn't responded in the AD vs CJ thread.
    you're welcome to the opinion.

I wasn't much laughing at the opinion. Just found it a little humerous for some reason.

Which AD/CJ thread are you talking about? I likely didn't see the response.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    you're welcome to the opinion.

I wasn't much laughing at the opinion. Just found it a little humerous for some reason.

Which AD/CJ thread are you talking about? I likely didn't see the response.
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/17-fantasy-football-talk/1057790-johnson-or-peterson-for-1-pick-in-fantasy-footbal

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Warner should, eventually. I think he will get some credit for what he did before the nfl.
    Yes, it's one of the greatest underdog stories in NFL history. He's probably the greatest undrafted player in NFL history(atleast modern NFL). As a voter I think that kind of story might tip the scales on a close call like warner.

I think with the pair of MVP's, superbowl MVP, and a career passer rating of 93.7 he's in.
    It's a great story, sure. But I think there are tons of great stories in the NFL, none of which should influence selection to the NFL HoF.

Career record as a starter of 67-49. Career TDs 208, INTs 128. Career fumbles 102.

I get why people think he should be a HoFer - I also get why people think he shouldn't. Definitely a tough call.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

It's a great story, sure. But I think there are tons of great stories in the NFL, none of which should influence selection to the NFL HoF.

Career record as a starter of 67-49. Career TDs 208, INTs 128. Career fumbles 102.

I get why people think he should be a HoFer - I also get why people think he shouldn't. Definitely a tough call.

=Z=
    Didn't we have a long discussion about why you thought Joe Nammoth belonged? I argued he didn't have the stats, and had a low winning percentage. You argued that he was part of one the great stories in NFL history.
    Kinda interesting anyway.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Namath's great story forged NFL history. Warners didn't.

If Namath doesn't win that superbowl, the AFL likely doesn't join the NFL. They probably would have stopped after superbowl 3 or 4. Hugely different from some schmo bagging groceries then getting a call to come play QB.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

Didn't we have a long discussion about why you thought Joe Nammoth belonged? I argued he didn't have the stats, and had a low winning percentage. You argued that he was part of one the great stories in NFL history.
    Kinda interesting anyway.
    As IBP points out, the story of Namath and Super Bowl III was a pivotal moment in the history of professional football in the USA. Kurt Warner's story, while compelling, did not change the game. I haven't seen a rush of former grocery-store bagger arena-league QBs into the NFL.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast