Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Active QB's that are most likely HOFers

As I see it, there are 3 that have the HOF locked up:

Brett Favre
    Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady

Kurt Warners not active at this point but he's in IMO.

I don't see McNabb as a canidate at this point, he really is just a very good QB, but not a great one.

Big Ben should make it because he's got 2 SB's under his belt and a long career ahead. As long as he keeps things in his pants.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Active QB's that are most likely HOFers

Favre Manning and Brady are the easy ones. Warner will generate some buzz, but I can see him not making it as much as I see him making it.

Other than that, the only possible one is Ben, if he wins more titles. I don't think he's a good enough QB to go in, but winning 4 titles got Bradshaw in.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Active QB's that are most likely HOFers

Unless an injury happens to him to shorten his career I would put Brees on that list. He has his SB ring and has been putting up yards right up there with Manning and Brady.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re:Active QB's that are most likely HOFers

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Brett Favre are locks to make it.

Kurt Warner, I don't think gets in right away but I think he makes it eventually.

Drew Brees is likely on his way to being a lock, he wouldn't make it if he retired today but I know he has what it takes to finish his career with HOF credentials.

Big Ben does not make it. His first super bowl was won in spite of him and the game was decided by officials. His had a great second super bowl but I think his personality and off field antics keep him out.

Interested to see what Matt Ryan does.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Peyton Manning and T-Jack are the obvious ones. After that it gets iffy.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Tad7 wrote:
    Peyton Manning and T-Jack are the obvious ones. After that it gets iffy.
    Well, I am sure Manning is less of a shot for sure between the two but then again he was thrown to the wolves right off the bat so we will probably never know what his potential would have been if they had given him say 5 or 6 years to develop first.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Favre, Manning, Brady are all in.

Warner should, eventually. I think he will get some credit for what he did before the nfl.

McNabb needs a superbowl. With one he's in, without probably not.

I don't think Ben makes it. Too early to say for certain but I think his charachter flaws will eventually catch up to him.

I think Eli Manning has a good shot. If I were betting I'd put him ahead of Ben.

Drew brees still has a long way to go, but I think he probably makes it. He'll be a lock with one more ring.

I don't see it happening for Flacco, Ryan, Romo, Rodgers. Time will tell. If I had to pick one with the best chance I'd go Rodgers.

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

jmcdon00 wrote:

Warner should, eventually. I think he will get some credit for what he did before the nfl.

I don't think Ben makes it. Too early to say for certain but I think his charachter flaws will eventually catch up to him.

I think Eli Manning has a good shot. If I were betting I'd put him ahead of Ben.

Drew brees still has a long way to go, but I think he probably makes it. He'll be a lock with one more ring.

I don't see it happening for Flacco, Ryan, Romo, Rodgers. Time will tell. If I had to pick one with the best chance I'd go Rodgers.
    Ben gets in before Eli, unless they put him in on name alone. Lots of NFL players in the hall have had character flaws, its not baseball they aren't eligible to hold him out based on that.

Brees will get in long before Eli as well. Eli isnt a leader by any means. He's a slightly and I mean slightly above average QB.

You noted the obvious Brady, Favre, and Peyton will all be hall of famers. Warner will get in as well, two teams too the superbowl, a ring, and a few records, hard not to put him in.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:

Eli? LMAO! The guy is decent at best. He's not the leader that his brother is. And doesn't have half the skill he has. Ben gets in way before Eli does.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

Eli? LMAO! The guy is decent at best. He's not the leader that his brother is. And doesn't have half the skill he has. Ben gets in way before Eli does.
    Eli has never missed a game in his career. His numbers have improved every year he has been in the league. I expect him to stay with the Giants his whole career, this will give him many more chances at a ring IMHO(to go along with the one he has and his superbowl mvp). Eli has a great support system, including a former nfl QB father, a future nfl QB hall of famer brother, and a wife he has been with since his college days.

Ben has only played in all 16 games once in his career, he will miss atleast the first 2 games of 2010. Ben does have great career numbers, but has not always been consistant, having down years in 2006 and 2008. The Steelers are a fine organization, none better, which is why I think the next chance they get they will move Ben. His odds of winning another ring go down if he's chucking the ball for the raiders. Ben has not always made good decisions off the field. He was cited for riding a motorcyle without a license or a helmet. Twice he has been accused of sexual assault. The second incident also involved heavy drinking.

Time will tell, if I were going to have either on for the next 10 years I would choose eli in a heartbeat.

BTW, Eli is less than 700 yards and 2tds behind Ben in career passing numbers. Eli should easily pass Ben in both categories during Bens upcoming suspension.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast