Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Aaron Rodgers' SI comments set off firestorm in Green Bay

"jdvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I saw this on the Packer forums and it made me chuckle...
    The thing that surprises me with the majority of Packer fans, is that the idea of Aaron Rodgers being anything but a star, is just absurd.

How many Jeff Tedford coached Quarterbacks have been "Stars" in the NFL?

Trent Dilfer?...ummmm no..he won a Super Bowl but..not much twinkle to that star.

Akili Smith?....need I say more?

Joey Harrington?...tee heee

Kyle Boller? ...5 years in the league and still trying to make a splash.

Billy Volek?...so far he has been underwhelming, at best.

A.J. Feeley?...this list just keeps getting funnier!

And last but not least....Aaron Rogers?...the jury is still out.

Now I'm not saying this long list of suckitude means that Aaron Rogers will be a bust like the rest of this list but...wouldn't that, or shouldn't that, at least make you consider the possibility?

Keep flapping your gums A-Rod...and shut up and get on board Packer fans. ;D

Nice research my friend.

I would, however, as a different question.........Do they really think Tom Clements can get more out of Arog than he did with the likes of Elvis Grbac, Kordell Stewart, or Tommy Maddox.

Seems he had pretty good luck with those cats when he was with the Chiefs and Steelers to the point that they all appeared in a pro-bowl (for whatever that means).

;D
    Grbac,Stewart,Maddox?(surely you jest)...Yes they all had long illustrious careers ;D(I'm really not sure if you were kidding lol) ...at any rate...hardly a ringing endorsement for the coaching skills of Tom Clements.

I'm sure the above list of flop Q.B's coached by Tedford, had decent Q.B. coaches in the NFL...well at least as good as Tom Clements anyways.

I was just pointing out Jeff Tedfords unique ability of turd polishing college Q.B.'s...and that A-Rod is not a lock for the HOF... as some puker fans think.

Packers fans are wearing tinted glasses the color of their teeth. 8)
    LOL, not jesting my friend and I got your point.

Infact I was kindof pointing out how Clements polished his respective turds good enough, when they were under his tutelage, to the point they put up decent enough numbers/stats to be selected to the pro-bowl (even though I don't put much stock in pro-bowls selections).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Hilarious!!!
    I love it!
    Wait till he gets hurt and Brohm comes in after saying something nice about Puker fans!
    Then we'll have some QB conrtroversy entertainment.
    ;D

Actually, I think the ARog will probably do all right given the WRs he has and the time he's spent learning the system.
    Disappointing.
    I was hoping that they would struggle to find a probowl QB for about as many games as Farve started!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Not the best PR move from Aaron's prespective, but really not that big of a deal either.. there will be some at Lambeau that will make sure he hears the quote each and every time he makes a bad play.. but if he backs it up with a decent season.. it will basically disappear.

Personally.. not that way I would handle it, since in the end, the fans pay your way to play the game. Plus it probably won't help his possible endorsement deals in the future, what company would want there representative to tell their customers to " jump on the bandwagon or shut up"..

First misstep he has made in the media.. hopefully the last.. he will learn not to give them any fodder.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Rodgers will shut them up if he plays well, but if he comes out and struggles, these comments will definitely fan the flames.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Rodgers will shut them up if he plays well, but if he comes out and struggles, these comments will definitely fan the flames.
    Incredibly bad timing on his part.. why not throw more pressure on the situation.

Someone in the Packer PR will get ahold of him and change is approach between now and well the point he is not a Packer anymore..

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I'm sure he's already had an ear full from several directions.
    Good chance somebody else in the org comes out with something to say too...wonder if they're in full on fire control?
    As in, calling all players ect with don't even respond instructions...?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

haha tommy maddox.

I like how all packer fans were stoked that this was their replacement the day of the draft because he went so low and he was top 3 quality.

We dont know good he will be yet, but there was a reason that he slid down the draft that far and these comments arent helping

Thank you Josdin for the sig

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I saw this on the Packer forums and it made me chuckle...
    The thing that surprises me with the majority of Packer fans, is that the idea of Aaron Rodgers being anything but a star, is just absurd.

How many Jeff Tedford coached Quarterbacks have been "Stars" in the NFL?

Trent Dilfer?...ummmm no..he won a Super Bowl but..not much twinkle to that star.

Akili Smith?....need I say more?

Joey Harrington?...tee heee

Kyle Boller? ...5 years in the league and still trying to make a splash.

Billy Volek?...so far he has been underwhelming, at best.

A.J. Feeley?...this list just keeps getting funnier!

And last but not least....Aaron Rogers?...the jury is still out.

Now I'm not saying this long list of suckitude means that Aaron Rogers will be a bust like the rest of this list but...wouldn't that, or shouldn't that, at least make you consider the possibility?

Keep flapping your gums A-Rod...and shut up and get on board Packer fans. ;D

Nice research my friend.

I would, however, as a different question.........Do they really think Tom Clements can get more out of Arog than he did with the likes of Elvis Grbac, Kordell Stewart, or Tommy Maddox.

Seems he had pretty good luck with those cats when he was with the Chiefs and Steelers to the point that they all appeared in a pro-bowl (for whatever that means).
    ;D
    Grbac,Stewart,Maddox?(surely you jest)...Yes they all had long illustrious careers ;D(I'm really not sure if you were kidding lol) ...at any rate...hardly a ringing endorsement for the coaching skills of Tom Clements.

I'm sure the above list of flop Q.B's coached by Tedford, had decent Q.B. coaches in the NFL...well at least as good as Tom Clements anyways.

I was just pointing out Jeff Tedfords unique ability of turd polishing college Q.B.'s...and that A-Rod is not a lock for the HOF... as some puker fans think.

Packers fans are wearing tinted glasses the color of their teeth. 8)
    LOL, not jesting my friend and I got your point.

Infact I was kindof pointing out how Clements polished his respective turds good enough, when they were under his tutelage, to the point they put up decent enough numbers/stats to be selected to the pro-bowl (even though I don't put much stock in pro-bowls selections).
    Hmmm...I think both Stewart and Maddox were pretty much booed out of Pittsburgh. Was that while Clements was coaching them?(I'm too lazy to search ) and Grbac had 1 decent season(again too lazy to search the stats),parlayed that into a big payday with the Ravens, and then did a colossal belly flop.
    So you are saying that Clement was able to make Grbac a good Q.B., but when he went to the Ravens, he forgot everything that was taught to him?...I might give ya that one.. but not Kordell and Tommy.

Keep clutching them straws

Oh btw ...I feel the same about the Pro/Toilet Bowl.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Geez the fans make it sound like he was performing a satanic ritual in the middle of church.
    suck it up, For year every other Fan-Base had to hear about Favre. I'm Sure he's been asked plenty about Farve.The guy is just feed up with it I can't blame him for that.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I don't see anything wrong with his comments, mostly just media making a story out of nothing... again.

I actually agree with him... the fans have to forget Favre and stop whining about his retirement.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast