Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Hey, I'm curious, so how is this cynical?

Eager to Learn,
    MaxVike

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I find it odd that anyone would think it was wrong for the Patriots to get rid of a player who shot a man in the face, destroyed murder evidence, is being charged with executing one man & may have killed 2 others a year ago, but was behind the Vikings getting rid of Harvin because he tossed a weight in Childress' direction after he accused him of faking his migraine headaches, yelled at Frazier a couple of times, wanted to be paid what he was worth & gave 100% on the field without "taking plays off".

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I find it odd that anyone would think it was wrong for the Patriots to get rid of a player who shot a man in the face, destroyed murder evidence, is being charged with executing one man & may have killed 2 others a year ago, but was behind the Vikings getting rid of Harvin because he tossed a weight in Childress' direction after he accused him of faking his migraine headaches, yelled at Frazier a couple of times, wanted to be paid what he was worth & gave 100% on the field without "taking plays off".
    If you're referring to me: I'm not saying the Patriots were wrong to cut Hernandez. I'm just pointing out that people are incredible quick to draw the gun. And judging someone before the have been found guilty is a terrible thing to do.

You write that Hernandez has earlier been found guilty of shooting a man in the face. I didn't know that. If I were the Patriots I'd probably cut him right there and then. Now I can definitely understand why the Patriots had enough, even if he hasn't been found guilty of murder yet.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Hey, I'm curious, so how is this cynical?

Eager to Learn,
    MaxVike
    it's not. lol

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    You don't have to be found guilty to violate the terms of conduct with a company. Just associating with the wrong people or putting yourself into a bad situation that reflects poorly on the organization is enough to trigger a justified release.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I believe the phrase is conduct detrimental to the team

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Signed Hernandez jersey just went for $550 on eBay this morning hahah
    Aaron Hernandez Signed Autographed White Patriots Jersey WOW RARE JSA 4 | eBay

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    If you're referring to me: I'm not saying the Patriots were wrong to cut Hernandez. I'm just pointing out that people are incredible quick to draw the gun. And judging someone before the have been found guilty is a terrible thing to do.

You write that Hernandez has earlier been found guilty of shooting a man in the face. I didn't know that. If I were the Patriots I'd probably cut him right there and then. Now I can definitely understand why the Patriots had enough, even if he hasn't been found guilty of murder yet.
    People are quick to draw the gun after ANY offense...major or minor...with ANY player. If you haven't noticed by now, our instant access to all news, 24/7, has turned us into a veritable opinion factory. Pick ANY example from todays headlines.

Instant news and high volumes of information also means that opinions are formed quicker. We don't have TIME to wait for due process anymore because the "next big crisis" is just a channel click away.

Did George Zimmerman kill Trayvon Martin in cold blood or self-defense...CLICK

Did James Holmes shoot up that theater because he's crazy or just sick....CLICK

Did Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his brother REALLY set off those bombs or were they set up....CLICK

Did Aaron Hernandez kill that guy and those other people as well...CLICK

Did Hillary Clinton know about the security deficiencies in Benghazi, or was she just incompetent ...CLICK

Did Ariel Castro really abduct 3 women and keep them for 10 years and NO ONE in his family knew...CLICK

And the list goes on....

EVERY item listed above was thrown around the news networks and internet WELL before anything even got to the initial court appearance....and in almost EVERY case, people have already made up their minds. Do we have ALL the facts? Nope. But in almost every case, we've already moved on.

The fact is, as has already been stated, just based upon the fact that SO much suspicion has been heaped upon this guy, with SO many incriminating elements coming forth day after day, it seems pretty clear that even if he didn't pull the trigger himself, he was involved somehow.

Further, this is a guy who was PRIVILEGED to play in the NFL and earn an income GROSSLY disproportionate to his societal contributions. As such, ANY behavior that even remotely falls outside the lines is jumped on HARD. it goes with the turf. Something he should have been aware of.

Of course, he also should have been aware of the notion that we don't run around shooting people we disagree with.....

Caine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234