Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    just another young dumb ass wanna be thug, from Bristol, CT lots
    of puerto rican gangs there.
    I'm not sure you can really call someone a "wanna be" when he's being investigated for the murder of three people. I think once you start killing people you're the real deal as far as thugs go.

Sounds like, whether or not he pulled the trigger, he's going to prison. He might not be convicted of murder, but he's gonna get obstruction of justice or something to do with his (failing) attempt to destroy evidence, accessory to murder, conspiracy to commit murder, whatever gun charges they have him on, and probably some other charges too.

Sure he's yet to be convicted, but much of the evidence is public. Unless his accomplices roll on him, there's no way they can prove that he's the one who pulled the trigger, so I won't call him a murderer just yet, but it's clear that he was deeply involved in the execution of Odin Lloyd.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    [COLOR="#000000"]There's a big difference between CHARGED for murder and CONVICTED for murder. People that judge others based on "what they hear" is the wrong kind of people.
    Don't Jurors judge people on what they hear?

I'm pretty sure thousands, if not millions thought OJ was guilty as hell not only when he was charged, but after he was found not guilty as well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    There's a big difference between CHARGED for murder and CONVICTED for murder. People that judge others based on "what they hear" is the wrong kind of people.

I'm changing the subject a little now, but what's more important: being convicted while innocent or set free while guilty?
    Whereas I appreciate the education, it doesn't sway my view. And, I didn't use the word convicted, nor, is that the measuring stick in this situation.

If I'm the boss, I'm doing exactly what Kraft did. He's arrested, his arrest has impacted my team and my Company enough...so, that is the basis for the release.

Don't like it...sue me. And, good luck with that from jail.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Whereas I appreciate the education, it doesn't sway my view. And, I didn't use the word convicted, nor, is that the measuring stick in this situation.

If I'm the boss, I'm doing exactly what Kraft did. He's arrested, his arrest has impacted my team and my Company enough...so, that is the basis for the release.
    There's two sides in this matter.

The one side is from a cynical and business standpoint. The one you choose.

The other side is from a human standpoint. And it's about how every NFL organization refers to themselves as a "family" and whether it's "right" to just abandon a family member when push comes to show. Granted, he has been payed good for his service, but Hernandez has put in a lot of time and effort for the Patriots organization, and done alot of good things for them on the field.

Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing as Kraft did. Hernandez already had a bad track record off the field before he was drafted by New England and for good reasons probably was on a very short leash. Especially considering it's the Patriots.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The other side is from a human standpoint. And it's about how every NFL organization refers to themselves as a "family" and whether it's "right" to just abandon a family member when push comes to show. Granted, he has been payed good for his service, but Hernandez has put in a lot of time and effort for the Patriots organization, and done alot of good things for them on the field.

Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing as Kraft did. Hernandez already had a bad track record off the field before he was drafted by New England and for good reasons probably was on a very short leash. Especially considering it's the Patriots.
    If you're being accused of murder, you're doing somethign wrong. This isn't a speeding ticket, or case of mistaken identity. The comparison to AP isn't even close to fair. This is a year old Murder case. AP's arrest was laughed out of court and we all saw the bullshit from the moment it was brought up. Some overzealous security guard didn't like him, jumped him and he got charged. Hell, I'd keep McKinnie over Hernandez even though we know he beats bouncers with poles

Even if he didn't actually kill the guy, he's in with the wrong people, doing the wrong stuff, to the point that he's being arrested. He's in a position to be #1 suspect. Not to count the fact they have proof of him with unlicensed firearms, something they're trying to crack down big on.

Pats don't need those kind of distractions. Killer or not, he's a distraction, and will probably still get in future trouble. They don't need that. They're right to cut him. Best to move on.
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 06-28-2013 at 02:35 PM.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Wow, just, wow...

So, the business view is considered cynical?

Ok, form a human standpoint, a human has been murdered, Hernandez is charged with 1st degree murder for murdering that person, he is also being sued for a shooting where a human list an eye and full functionality of one of his arms, and he's being investigated for a double homicide in 2012. From a human standpoint, he sounds like a piece of shit.
    Last edited by MaxVike; 06-28-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Wow, just, wow... Ok, form a human standpoint, a human has been murdered, Hernandez is charged with 1st degree murder for murdering that person, he is also being sued for a shooting where a human list an eye and full functionality of one of his arms, and he's being investigated for a double homicide in 2012. From a human standpoint, he sounds like a piece of shit.
    lol. Yea, he kinda does.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Wow, just, wow...

So, the business view is considered cynical?

Ok, form a human standpoint, a human has been murdered, Hernandez is charged with 1st degree murder for murdering that person, he is also being sued for a shooting where a human list an eye and full functionality of one of his arms, and he's being investigated for a double homicide in 2012. From a human standpoint, he sounds like a piece of shit.
    Wow, just, wow...
    Business is practically the definition of cynical.

EDIT: *humane
    Last edited by HEY; 06-28-2013 at 05:10 PM.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    As well, "innocent until proven guilty" means absolutely nothing. It's only applicable in the court of law, in which the 'innocent until proven guilty' has gotten guys like OJ Simpson out of a prison sentence.

In real life, talking to real people, we take into account circumstantial evidence, first hand accounts, reports, etc. to form our own opinions.

HEY
    Blog Entries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast