Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Aaron Curry hints he’s on the trading block (Vikings mentioned)

Aaron Curry hints he’s on the trading block | ProFootballTalk

Posted by Mike Florio

In August, when we pointed out that Seahawks linebacker Aaron Curry had given up $5 million in guaranteed money under the contract he signed as the fourth pick in the 2009 draft, Seattle coach Pete Carroll downplayed the possibility that the revised deal was the result of Curry’s performance in camp, claiming that the new contract had been done months ago.

But it wasn’t months ago. It happened on August 16.

Curry has since been benched, hardly playing in Sunday’s win over the Cardinals.

As pointed out by Danny O’Neill of the Seattle Times, Curry now has dropped some hints that he’s on the trading block via Twitter, suggesting that possible destinations include the Vikings and the Panthers

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

saw that, i looked it up and he just replied to a tweet from a vikings fan who said it would be cool to see him in purple. curry said, "its possible." thats it

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Excuse my ignorance as I don't know this dude, but if he sucks and benched in Seattle, we want him why?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Excuse my ignorance as I don't know this dude, but if he sucks and benched in Seattle, we want him why?
    He was the #4 overall pick in 2009 and considered a real "can't miss" prospect. He's extremely talented and very athletic.

Any desire for the guy is purely based on potential. Maybe putting him around Greenway, EJ, Allen, Kevin Williams and Winfield can help him reach his potential... but who knows.

I certainly wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    The question would be, then, what would we have to give up to get him? I'd prefer not to give up more draft picks, but that would mean a player or two...

Maybe they could use a WR who is familiar and comfortable with their QB and OC?

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    He (snip) was considered a real "can't miss" prospect. He's extremely talented and very athletic.
    So were a lot of other high draft picks that never panned out in the NFL.

Who would this guy be replacing? EJ, ErIn, Greenway?

They got rid of Leber (who they should have kept) in favor of Dean/Adibi/Anoatulo all in the name of cap space.

Not it looks, perhaps, if the RUMOR is true, as if they aren't happy with at least one of those 3 & are trying to replace him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    So were a lot of other high draft picks that never panned out in the NFL.

Who would this guy be replacing? EJ, ErIn, Greenway?

They got rid of Leber (who they should have kept) in favor of Dean/Adibi/Anoatulo all in the name of cap space.

Not it looks, perhaps, if the RUMOR is true, as if they aren't happy with at least one of those 3 & are trying to replace him.
    Well he's an outside linebacker, so I think EJ is out of the question. Greenway's obviously going nowhere. It would have to be Erin Henderson, who's playing well and still has room to grow.

It's unlikely we bring him in, and there are no indications that we will, but if the price is right I don't see any reason not to bring a guy in with this kind of potential to at least compete.

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler
    Competition breeds success. Not sure anyone would complain about getting deeper at linebacker if the price was right. This guy would need to take a new contract though. I don't want the cap hit for a back up

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    He was the #4 overall pick in 2009 and considered a real "can't miss" prospect. He's extremely talented and very athletic.
    Any desire for the guy is purely based on potential. Maybe putting him around Greenway, EJ, Allen, Kevin Williams and Winfield can help him reach his potential... but who knows.

I certainly wouldn't mind giving him a shot.
    Considered a cant miss product with talent & athleticism?? wasnt the same said about T-Joke?? maybe we can get him back in exchange for McNabb as part of the LB deal!
    Last edited by 2beersTommy; 09-28-2011 at 11:18 AM.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    Considered a cant miss product with talent & athleticism?? wasnt the same said about T-Joke?? maybe we can get him back in exchange for McNabb as part of the LB deal!
    I don't recall TJ ever being labeled as a "Can't miss" prospect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast