Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

7 Points: Playmaker or Painmaker?

Is Arizona WR Mike Thomas both a playmaker and a painmaker? Are Adrian Peterson's bargain days coming to an end? Will Matt Forte avoid a sophomore slump? Why did the Titans hold on to Vince Young? What makes draft prospects Andre Brown, Fili Moala and Tim Jamison special? Find out in this edition of 7 Points.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/853964.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: 7 Points: Playmaker or Painmaker?

After losing the starter's job last year to Collins, Young became a very expensive backup quarterback who hit the team's salary cap for roughly $ 3.9 million. With Young's struggles and his quarterback style being so much different than that of Collins, it seemed likely that the team would shop him around during the off-season.
    And people beeeeyyyatch about TJ..... :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Is Arizona WR Mike Thomas both a playmaker and a painmaker? Are Adrian Peterson's bargain days coming to an end? Will Matt Forte avoid a sophomore slump? Why did the Titans hold on to Vince Young? What makes draft prospects Andre Brown, Fili Moala and Tim Jamison special? Find out in this edition of 7 Points.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/853964.html
    I just read this about 30 min ago... I like the prospects on that kid from Arizona... if he's half the receiver Wes Welker could be he'd be a bargain in the 3rd or 4th round... and they better sign AD to an extension bc he's already guaranteed a $10 mill sal in 2010.. that's ridiculous for a back... sounds like the Fitz situation all over again!

I suggest that the Vikings go and shop Peterson. Preferably to the Packers for something like a 4th round pick.

I'd really like to have Moala on the Packers. I would be really happy if we got him early in the third. I guess it's quite a longshot though, as our name is not mentioned among the interested teams and he might be gone in the 2nd round.

Forte is quite dangerous, indeed. He's such an all-round weapon, it's quite scary. He's still not the best pure rusher in the division though. Not by far. Also, I'm glad that Cutler doesn't have anyone to throw to just yet. Maybe Hester can catch some passes on fly routes, but with his brick hands and inability to run any other route so far, he's not that much of a threat either. (The Bears should keep him on ST, if you ask me).

"You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    I suggest that the Vikings go and shop Peterson. Preferably to the Packers for something like a 4th round pick.

I'd really like to have Moala on the Packers. I would be really happy if we got him early in the third. I guess it's quite a longshot though, as our name is not mentioned among the interested teams and he might be gone in the 2nd round.

Forte is quite dangerous, indeed. He's such an all-round weapon, it's quite scary. He's still not the best pure rusher in the division though. Not by far. Also, I'm glad that Cutler doesn't have anyone to throw to just yet. Maybe Hester can catch some passes on fly routes, but with his brick hands and inability to run any other route so far, he's not that much of a threat either. (The Bears should keep him on ST, if you ask me).

[quote author=Rockmolder link=topic=51338.msg932557#msg932557 date=1239176217]

Your kidding right? If Peterson went-he goes out of Division-dream on LOL

I want to draft Clausen out of Notre Dame next year or after in all seriousness if he comes out early

"Nephilim" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

Your kidding right? If Peterson went-he goes out of Division-dream on LOL

I want to draft Clausen out of Notre Dame next year or after in all seriousness if he comes out early
    Well, yes. I wasn't counting on the Vikings trading him away. Let alone to a team in their own division and for a 4th round pick.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Nice read!
    THanks!!

That's a lot of pop for a 5-8 dude!!
    Dang!!
    Over 40"

Yup.
    Never too early to think about extending Peterson.
    Especially, if we've got extra room to burn a bonus in!
    Then again, we may eat that up with Winny, Chester and/or Greenway.

Fili sounds like our kind of guy...and, he's got the frame to add a couple of pounds as he matures.
    I doubt he lasts til round 3!
    Another good reason to trade back for extra 2nds
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot