Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 6 NFL teams chosen for regular season game in Europe

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:

I'm pretty much in agreement with all of that Anglo, like you I personally don't agree with the idea but if it meant getting to see the Vikes play live, bring it on. As for the tickets it seems these days whether its a music concert or a sports event, a large proportion of people are just buying so they can make a killing on E-Bay. Hopefully the NFL can come up with something so that all of the tickets will go to true fans and not the touts for this game.
    I appreciate that it is a good opportunity for people to see teams and know if it was the Vikes then I'd
    be looking to go as well. I'm lucky that, so far, I've been able to get to games but know a lot of UK fans can't do that. My concern is just that how many tickets will disappear into corporate packages. There will be people that go to the game that know nothing about NFL football but want to see what it's about, some will like it and some won't but at least they are interested. However the vast majority of corporate clients won't have a clue and won't be intersted in anything other than getting another glass of bubbly and a prawn sandwich to go with it
    ;D
    Prawn sandwich? I'de like to try one of them things..... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

[size=16pt]Giants & Dolphins chosen to play first game in UK.[/size]

http://www.9wsyr.com/sports/story.aspx?content_id=227b256d-224d-4d57-8609-9d647221d62d

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made it official on Friday and announced that the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants will play a regular-season game in London this coming fall.

Goodell said the game will take place at Wembley Stadium on October 28 -- during Week 8 of the 2007 season -- and will kick off at 1 p.m. (et), 6 p.m. London time.

"We think we have a great matchup," Goodell said during his first state of the league address on Friday. "It will be a terrific start, or a smashing start some might say, to our start in London."
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

So now we'll be plagued with TV crews from Miami and New York looking for the Pearly King and Queen of Wembley, trying to arrange afternoon tea for their boys and sampling fish and chips whilst they're here.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"AngloVike" wrote:
    So now we'll be plagued with TV crews from Miami and New York looking for the Pearly King and Queen of Wembley, trying to arrange afternoon tea for their boys and sampling fish and chips whilst they're here.

Not to mention swilling numerous pints of bitter and stout!
    Oh what a hellish life God has cast upon us!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123