Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

49ers fans to wear suits to their home opener

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/217523.html
    SANTA CLARA -- Reebok might be able to prevent Mike Nolan from wearing a suit on the 49ers' sideline, but the sneaker giant is powerless to stop a stadium-load of fans from donning their Sunday best on game day.

Call it the Formalwear Revolution, which was sparked last week by an Internet zealot who read that Nolan wasn't getting anywhere in his quest to permanently return the coat and tie to the NFL sideline. So "Ninerfan21" made a modest proposal: Why don't the 49ers' fans show Reebok where to shove it by showing up to the team's Sept. 10 home opener -- a prime-time affair, mind you -- dressed as businessmen? Since then, the idea has spread like chicken pox at summer camp.
    For a little of background, Nolan wants to be allowed to wear a suit and tie on the sidelines during games.
    Reebok allowed him to wear one to two games last season, but that is it.
    Since he isn't getting any further, apparently the fans are throwing in their support.

I think it is a cool idea, and I applaud the fans for supporting their coach.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: 49ers fans to wear suits to their home opener

he looked pretty slick in his suit. i definately
    like this idea.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    SANTA CLARA -- Reebok might be able to prevent Mike Nolan from wearing a suit on the 49ers' sideline, but the sneaker giant is powerless to stop a stadium-load of fans from donning their Sunday best on game day.

Call it the Formalwear Revolution, which was sparked last week by an Internet zealot who read that Nolan wasn't getting anywhere in his quest to permanently return the coat and tie to the NFL sideline. So "Ninerfan21" made a modest proposal: Why don't the 49ers' fans show Reebok where to shove it by showing up to the team's Sept. 10 home opener -- a prime-time affair, mind you -- dressed as businessmen? Since then, the idea has spread like chicken pox at summer camp.
    For a little of background, Nolan wants to be allowed to wear a suit and tie on the sidelines during games.
    Since he isn't getting any further, apparently the fans are throwing in their support.

I like it!

Now - Vikings fans should do the same.
    To show our disgust with the state legislature and the lack of progress on a new stadium, everyone should show up to the Vikings home opener naked.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

I like it!

To show our disgust with the state legislature and the lack of progress on a new stadium, everyone should show up to the Vikings home opener naked.

=Z=
    That would make those crowded concourses a whole lot more disgusting. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:

That's going to smell good by the 4th quarter.

Blog Entries

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

That's going to smell good by the 4th quarter.
    Dunno.
    Outdoor stadium, late MNF game.
    I don't think the game even starts until 8:00 pm Pacific Time because it is the second of a MNF double header.
    Shouldn't be too hot...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

I like it!

=Z=
    haha, cheerleaders to....?
    :P

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    haha, cheerleaders to....?
    :P
    But, of course!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Fans across the NFL should do this. Screw the officially licensed rule crap.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

A suit on the sideline is stupid. Nolan should go coach basket ball if he wants to look cute! This is football.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast