Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: The 32 best defenders in the NFL

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:

hahaha. He's not on the list. Read the link or just look above. Well I thought he should have been. Best D-line against the run because of those two.
    What are you talking about? He's #29. "hahaha."
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Good job for the williams boys! Good to see some vikes on the list and no packers! hahahaha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Cool The williams Wall is there after all

How fierce will our defense be next year? I'm going to stretch her but I think we'll be a top 3 defense behind maybe Baltimore and someone else who stands up like San Diego. We had a Top 10 Defense last year and now we get the much needed pass rush with E. James. Udeze had 0 sacks so James will be our much needed DE. But any weakness we might still have remaining with the pass rush will be overcome by our Williams Wall. For our DBs we still go the most underrated DB in the league with Winfeild. Then we got Cedric Griffin coming back from an injury. Plus we acquired Mike Doss. The the obvious with the best free safety, D-Sharp. Darren Sharper. Then our linebacker corp will be even more amazing with Chad Greenway coming back after an injury to make them greatness. I just wish we still had Tomlin. I'm definately liking our chances of being like the Bears this year. Spectacular defense with a feared running game that over shadow our quarterback situation. Im just hoping those factors really do over shadow our qb situation. And dare I say it. Possibility.

Super Bowl XLII New England Patriots vs. Minnesota Vikings.
    (I'd hate that. Brady throws Moss the game winning TD and he moons us. God that would hurt. And I mean really, really hurt.)

I've been waiting to say this on the right thread but it never came up. I think this will sufice.

[move][size=20pt]The Minnesota Vikings Defense- THE PURPLE CURTAIN!!![/size][/move]
    Hold on a minute.
    All is still not well when it comes to cracking the top 5, let alone top 10.

Couple of things to consider.

Erasmus, might not come back 100%.

Although he is a beast against the run, Phat Pat can be a liability when it comes to rushing the QB (1 Sack last year).
    He struggled a bit when it came to collapsing the pocket last year.
    If memory serves they rotated him out in pass situations, often tipping the D's hand on what they were gonna do.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=1356

Hopefully, to make your prediction come true, the new D-coord will be able to find ways to put pressure on the opposing QB's with our LB's, S's and a rotation of DE's.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Good for Pat.
    Did anyone read any of the comments.
    The first person that commented said, the most notable omission was Pacman Adam Jones.
    :

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

Yeah, that guy was a jacka$$.
    I actually responded then went back and saw that about 10 people had already jumped on him.

I like how he says the Williams don't belong based on our pass D, but the Titans D sucked against the pass and run.

Pat Williams did make the Pro-Bowl last year. The Vikes didn't set the all-time rush defense record, but Tim can check their "points against" ranking last year and compare it to the Titans if that's how you want to judge who gets on the list. (Hint Pac Man's team was 31st)

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

yes for fat pat.

i would still have ray lewis on that list. even though he is getting older, he is still a crazy M'F and hits hard
    We're bringing purple back.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"gregair13" wrote:
    yes for fat pat.

i would still have ray lewis on that list. even though he is getting older, he is still a crazy M'F and hits hard
    I agree, Lewis is pretty good, been leading ravens defense for a while if im not mistaken, and their defense is nice.

Perch56 is offline Pro-Bowler

its great to see 2 vikes on the list but why not a 3rd, antoine winfield is a heck a of player and he defends very well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12