Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 MINUTES!!!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 3 MINUTES!!!!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    I'll bite - what was newsworthy about a standing O?
    And how is that more newsworthy than the return of the all-time NFL QB leader in yards, receptions, TDs, etc. returning to his team that doesn't want him?

Look - we're all sick of it - but to a neutral eye, that's no contest.
    Obviously you didn't see it.
    (Then again it was on NFLN - God I love that channel )

His son choking up while introducing him.
    The emotion of the crowd.
    Art Monk trying to quiet them several times before giving in.
    4 1/2 minutes of dedicated fans showing their love of the game and respect for one of the greatest in his shining moment, making it the longest ovation ever in the history of the HoF induction ceremony.

It was an incredible moment, a proud moment for fans of the game everywhere.
    It was a positive note, not a soap opera commercial of a jet taxiing down a rainy runway. Fav-re will have his day in Canton.
    But this wasn't it.
    This day belonged to Fred Dean, Darrell Green, Emmitt Thomas, Andre Tippett, Gary Zimmerman, and for 4 1/2 minutes, especially Art Monk.
    Emotionally moving does not make it newsworthy.
    AND it was on Saturday, so by the time the game rolled around Sunday night, it was no longer news.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    I'll bite - what was newsworthy about a standing O?
    And how is that more newsworthy than the return of the all-time NFL QB leader in yards, receptions, TDs, etc. returning to his team that doesn't want him?

Look - we're all sick of it - but to a neutral eye, that's no contest.
    Obviously you didn't see it.
    (Then again it was on NFLN - God I love that channel )

His son choking up while introducing him.
    The emotion of the crowd.
    Art Monk trying to quiet them several times before giving in.
    4 1/2 minutes of dedicated fans showing their love of the game and respect for one of the greatest in his shining moment, making it the longest ovation ever in the history of the HoF induction ceremony.

It was an incredible moment, a proud moment for fans of the game everywhere.
    It was a positive note, not a soap opera commercial of a jet taxiing down a rainy runway. Fav-re will have his day in Canton.
    But this wasn't it.
    This day belonged to Fred Dean, Darrell Green, Emmitt Thomas, Andre Tippett, Gary Zimmerman, and for 4 1/2 minutes, especially Art Monk.
    Emotionally moving does not make it newsworthy.
    AND it was on Saturday, so by the time the game rolled around Sunday night, it was no longer news.

=Z=
    We can agree to disagree.
    I think that emotionally moving stories are absolutely newsworthy.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I was talking to a friend (non-Viking fan) who made the following Favre comments:

- "17 seasons and one ring. And he only got that one because Des Howard ran that kick back all the way".

- "He never missed a game. Do you think that might have something to do with the pain killers ?"

- "They love him because he is a redneck from the South".

- "He always comes out fired up and only plays hard for two quarters. It is becuase he is high". "He doesn't even remember the Dallas game".

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I was talking to a friend (non-Viking fan) who made the following Favre comments:

- "17 seasons and one ring. And he only got that one because Des Howard ran that kick back all the way".

- "He never missed a game. Do you think that might have something to do with the pain killers ?"

- "He always comes out fired up and only plays hard for two quarters. It is becuase he is high". "He doesn't even remember the Dallas game".

I just spit [s]Corona[/s] Beast all over the place my friend.
    Thanks for the laugh.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:

And Ken Griffey Jr doesn't have a ring.
    What's his point?
    News flash, it took Peyton Manning a long time to get one ring and who knows if he's going to win another, it's just the nature of the beast.
    Say what you want but Favre has had A LOT of good to great seasons and it hasn't been his fault all the time over they're super bowl hopes.
    Apparently when the Vikes lose it's a team game, but we can blame Favre for their losing?

As for the not missing a game, do you think Favre would be the only player in any sport taking pain killers?
    The man is an Iron Man, I suppose next he would accuse Cal Ripken Jr. of just "popping pills"

3 and 4 are just stupid.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Schutz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    hahah. did you time it?
    Yes sir, saw Madden and just thought how long it might take.
    I have it at under 3 on the DVR.
    Closer to 2 1/2.
    Which are both longer times than it took for his name to be slobbered around here the second a trade or deal to the Vikings was possible.

There are several "Mini-Maddens" running around here.

Those who live in glass houses......
    Hmmmm, Vikings fan on a forum in the offseason or nationally televised sport anchor.
    Oh wait the Vikings fans on a forum would probably mention it, but it's funny that the "unbiased" madden talks about it in under 3 minutes.
    Hell, everyone who watches NFL football knows that Madden is a Favre crotch sniffer. Now what you wouldn't expect to hear is Vikings fans on a Viking forum who have been bashing him for years suddenly flip-flop & start sucking his taint sweat.

It'll be interesting to see how these same flip-floppers post about Favre mid-season if he's still on their team.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    [quote author=gregair13 link=topic=46784.msg813335#msg813335 date=1217808542]
    hahah. did you time it?
    Closer to 2 1/2.
    Which are both longer times than it took for his name to be slobbered around here the second a trade or deal to the Vikings was possible.

Hmmmm, Vikings fan on a forum in the offseason or nationally televised sport anchor.
    Oh wait the Vikings fans on a forum would probably mention it, but it's funny that the "unbiased" madden talks about it in under 3 minutes.
    Hell, everyone who watches NFL football knows that Madden is a Favre crotch sniffer. Now what you wouldn't expect to hear is Vikings fan on a Viking forum who have been bashing him for years suddenly flip-flop & start sucking his taint sweat.

It'll be interesting to see how these same flip-floppers post about Favre mid-season if he's still on their team.
    [/quote]

True enough, but I myself have never hated the guy, I never got into the hating a player for playing for team X.
    Seems kind of silly to me.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Schutz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Schutz link=topic=46784.msg813337#msg813337 date=1217808665]
    hahah. did you time it?
    Closer to 2 1/2.

Hell, everyone who watches NFL football knows that Madden is a Favre crotch sniffer. Now what you wouldn't expect to hear is Vikings fan on a Viking forum who have been bashing him for years suddenly flip-flop & start sucking his taint sweat.

[/quote]

True enough, but I myself have never hated the guy, I never got into the hating a player for playing for team X.
    [/quote]

I was generalizing & not singling you out personally. They know who they are & so do some of us.

The other thing I've seen here quite often is people showing there love for a player for many seasons, yet when he fucks up or becomes mediocre & gets cut from the team, they'll post "Good riddance, I never liked the fucker anyway"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i guess the madden curse will continue now that he is back...
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=46784.msg813343#msg813343 date=1217810269]
    [quote author=Schutz link=topic=46784.msg813337#msg813337 date=1217808665]
    hahah. did you time it?
    Closer to 2 1/2.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was generalizing & not singling you out personally. They know who they are & so do some of us.

The other thing I've seen here quite often is people showing there love for a player for many seasons, yet when he fucks up or becomes mediocre & gets cut from the team, they'll post "Good riddance, I never liked the f&**&*&r anyway"
    [/quote]
    And some fans on here hack on a guy but mention that he might be a Vike and they change thier tune as well.
    All is forgiven.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast