Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3:15 games

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 3:15 games

"Zeus" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    Does anyone else get annoyed by 3:15 games?

I swear I saw last night that the game was at noon.
    (I thought it was 3:15, but then I saw that last night and was happy)
    Then I woke up early today all excited for the game.
    Got dressed, grabbed some coffee, started setting my TiVo, and I saw that it was at 3:15.
    I feel like I am going to be waiting forever now!
    And it is not like an evening game when you can make dinner and watch it too.
    i don't really want to watch the Packer's game that they are showing either.
    I wish they had a game that mattered in our playoff race, like the detroit game, or philly.

Very annoying...could be worse. Look at what we get in NY today...early games Giants v Eagles (not bad)and Packers v Raiders (who cares?); Jets v Browns (ditto who cares?) and no Fox game. Really bites.
    >
    Giants-Eagles is your FOX game.
    This is a CBS double-header Sunday, so you'll only get one FOX game.

=Z=
    Yeah, looks like I'll be going to the bar again today...which isn't all bad.
    ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I hate when it gets dark early, but I have no problem with the late games

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

afternoon games arent that bad. i do like the 11 oclock start better/.
    We're bringing purple back.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:

Got dressed, grabbed some coffee, started setting my TiVo, and I saw that it was at 3:15.
    I wish they had a game that mattered in our playoff race, like the detroit game, or philly.
    The Vikings game is NOT at 3:15 - it is at 3:05.
    You'll miss the first 10 minutes if you wait until 3:15!!
    Maybe locally at 3:05. But nationally they won't show it until the first game is over. Sometimes you miss the first 10 minutes anyway. That to me is the most annoying thing about a late game.
    I have Sunday ticket but it doesn't matter because it just picks up the same national feed.
    Just hope the first game doesn't go into overtime.
    No, I'm sorry, but that's incorrect.

The game started at 3:05pm CST - ALL stations that were broadcasting it saw the start of the game.
    Yesterday was NOT a FOX doubleheader Sunday, so there was no early game to cause an overrun - that's why the game started at 3:05 and not 3:15.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:

Maybe locally at 3:05. But nationally they won't show it until the first game is over. Sometimes you miss the first 10 minutes anyway. That to me is the most annoying thing about a late game.
    I have Sunday ticket but it doesn't matter because it just picks up the same national feed.

The game started at 3:05pm CST - ALL stations that were broadcasting it saw the start of the game.
    Yesterday was NOT a FOX doubleheader Sunday, so there was no early game to cause an overrun - that's why the game started at 3:05 and not 3:15.

=Z=
    Sunday Ticket used the same station for both the Eagles/Giants and the Vikings/49ers, and the Eagles went on a few long drives at the end of the 4th quarter and the game ran a little long. We definitely missed the first TD because the Eagles were still on and they hadn't switched to the Vikes.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:

=Z=
    Sunday Ticket used the same station for both the Eagles/Giants and the Vikings/49ers, and the Eagles went on a few long drives at the end of the 4th quarter and the game ran a little long. We definitely missed the first TD because the Eagles were still on and they hadn't switched to the Vikes.
    I was fortunate to get it from the beginning.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:

Well - that's Sunday Ticket's (DirectTV's) issue, not FOX's.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

You're all wrong, the game is at 4:15 (or 4:05 last week). Silly central time zone people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12