Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: 2nd Round Pick for Chris Chambers

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=38824.msg655962#msg655962 date=1192564217]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=38824.msg655954#msg655954 date=1192563914]
    I sure would like to be in the depths of Winter Park today to hear what is being discussed.

OG, DE....... ( I really think we need a DE right now)

One can only wish as long as we don't give up to much for one.
    I bet you Childress says he doesn't want anything right now.

He seems like his lineup is set, and he likes his draft picks. (besides Allison)
    There is a perception on this page that he is a bit hard headed and egotistical when it comes to his players, however, I believe it is more than just the Chiller in said room and they all have a vote/say in what is going on.

On a side note.
    I think he likes Allison, he just doesn't have room on the Roster for him during game days right now.

gol 'darnit Ferguson.
    Going out and having a semi good day.
    I have no grounds to say pooh can him this week.
    ;D
    Fergi did have a couple of drops. I didn't think he looked that good.
    You know who does look good, all 3 of the recievers New England got in the offseason(moss, Welker, Stallworth) which in turns makes the vikings front office look bad for picking up Ferguson and Wade.
    Right.
    Because there was a possibility of Moss, Stallworth, or Welker coming to Minnesota...
    So what does that say about our front office? that were unable to draw top talent and thus had to settle for unproven players? I don't think that is too strong of an argument.

Hopefully next year we will be able to attract some quality players to fill any holes we have in the lineup.
    [/quote]

As were 30 other teams.
    It doesn't make out front office bad, it just means that the Vikings weren't as attractive as NE for a FA at the time- that shouldn't be a surprise...
    [/quote]

Exactly, as i said, hopefully next year that will start to turn around.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    As were 30 other teams.
    It doesn't make out front office bad, it just means that the Vikings weren't as attractive as NE for a FA at the time- that shouldn't be a surprise...
    I can name on one hand the number of teams where Randy would have gone and been interested enough to play hard.
    He ended up with one of them - and, if you watched the game on Sunday night, he's STILL not blocking on running plays and he's STILL taking plays off that aren't going to him.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

In response to the DE remarks, I think we sorely need a DE who can rush the passer! Now Jason Taylor is definitely up in the ages, but I wouldn't mind shelling out a 4th and Erasmus or what not for him. Miami's idiotic way of using him as a LB is ruining how his career will end.

And as for the Chambers trade, eh. I think Chargers gave up too much personally. Chambers WAS good, but has lost some speed and his hands are questionable at times. IMO he's worth no more then a 3rd rounder. And if it was the Vikings, no more then a 4th.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Miami ships WR Chambers to SD[/size]

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

minnesota is offline Rookie

wow the Chargers got ripped off.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sure would like to be in the depths of Winter Park today to hear what is being discussed.

He seems like his lineup is set, and he likes his draft picks. (besides Allison)
    There is a perception on this page that he is a bit hard headed and egotistical when it comes to his players, however, I believe it is more than just the Chiller in said room and they all have a vote/say in what is going on.

On a side note.
    I think he likes Allison, he just doesn't have room on the Roster for him during game days right now.

Damn Ferguson.
    I have no grounds to say shit can him this week.

;D
    Why not? Ferguson only had 2 for 15. I still think he is garbage and would like to get someone in to replace him.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The Chargers added another explosive playmaker to their offense just prior to Tuesday’s NFL trade deadline as they sent a 2008 second-round choice to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for wide receiver Chris Chambers.
    Just prior to the deadline? What time did it end? I thought they had until midnight & this article was posted here at 2:38 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"Purplemania" wrote:
    In response to the DE remarks, I think we sorely need a DE who can rush the passer! Now Jason Taylor is definitely up in the ages, but I wouldn't mind shelling out a 4th and Erasmus or what not for him. Miami's idiotic way of using him as a LB is ruining how his career will end.
    I can't see Miami being interested in getting rid of a guy that was the NFL defensive player of the year just last season (now or at the end of the season).
    Even if they were thinking about it, what makes you think that offering a 4th round pick and a guy that has been moderately effective for the limited amount of time he hasn't been injured would do anything other than make them laugh and/or hang up the phone?

Look, nobody wants to see a good pass rushing DE go.
    It's one of the most important positions in the game (along with QB and LT), and there might be fewer 'good' RDEs than 'good' players at any other position.
    Despite Miami's struggles this year, Jason Taylor is still in that elite category with the top players at the position.

Okay, I know this is a pointless argument since the trading deadline is over, but it just seems like people make up trades like they're playing a video game on here all the time.
    Teams just don't trade away good players in this league, unless they have some other baggage.
    The economics of acquiring talent in the NFL makes that kind of thing a bad idea.

And as for the Chambers trade, eh. I think Chargers gave up too much personally. Chambers WAS good, but has lost some speed and his hands are questionable at times. IMO he's worth no more then a 3rd rounder. And if it was the Vikings, no more then a 4th.
    I won't argue that Chambers is really good, you sound like you've seen him play more than I have, but my memory was that he was at least an adequate #1 receiver.
    He's had no QB
    throwing to him for the past couple years, and before that it was only slightly better.
    But he is what he is, and he's no Randy Moss or Steve Smith.

I do think that there is an unreasonable value attached to draft picks by fans and GMs right now.
    Moss went for the #7 pick, when I thought he was probably worth at least two high number 1's.
    Culpepper went for a 2nd round pick, when he was expected to come into Miami and be a long term starter.
    Before that, Terrell Owens was worth a second round pick (or a fifth-round pick and a DE).
    Somewhere between this and Herschell Walker being worth 8 picks and 5 players is a more appropriate trade value.

So I think a 2nd round pick is a good deal if you're going to get a starting WR.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

On a side note.

gol 'darnit Ferguson.
    ;D
    Fergi did have a couple of drops. I didn't think he looked that good.
    You know who does look good, all 3 of the recievers New England got in the offseason(moss, Welker, Stallworth) which in turns makes the vikings front office look bad for picking up Ferguson and Wade.
    whats wrong with either of those guys? they are both good players, but are being forced into a role that is too great for them..really though, ferguson and wade both would be excellent complementary guys to a top flight premier reciever, but unfortunately we havent found one yet..when we do find a great #1 receiver, id love to have rice, wade, and ferguson as the 2-4 guys

none of our signings were bad, as all of them are good players..but its just unfortunate that these guys are playing roles that dont suit them
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

On a side note.

gol 'darnit Ferguson.

;D
    Why not? Ferguson only had 2 for 15. I still think he is garbage and would like to get someone in to replace him.
    Although I agree, he is garbage and taking reps away from Rice and possibly Allison, its because he had a semi-good day.

As some on here have realized of late, there is more to WR play than just catching the ball.
    And by the way, the 2 were pretty key catches IMHO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123