Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: 2nd Round Pick for Chris Chambers

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sure would like to be in the depths of Winter Park today to hear what is being discussed.

OG, DE....... ( I really think we need a DE right now)

One can only wish as long as we don't give up to much for one.
    I bet you Childress says he doesn't want anything right now.

He seems like his lineup is set, and he likes his draft picks. (besides Allison)
    There is a perception on this page that he is a bit hard headed and egotistical when it comes to his players, however, I believe it is more than just the Chiller in said room and they all have a vote/say in what is going on.

On a side note.
    I think he likes Allison, he just doesn't have room on the Roster for him during game days right now.

Damn Ferguson.
    Going out and having a semi good day.
    I have no grounds to say shit can him this week.
    ;D
    You could slam Ferguson for is little shoulder-shake 0 YAC. That was a bit fruity.

"lakehubertviking" wrote:
    Time to get Marty Booker for my FF team.
    I guess he's by default the new go to WR for the vaunted Dolphins passing attack.
    Yeah, I guess the dolphins felt like they didn't need Chambers anymore in light of Ginn's performance thus far:

6 games
    3 receptions
    87 yards
    0 TDs

He should be fresh for them though, he's 26th in the NFL in kick returns (averaging 25.1 yards/return).
    Not too many long runs to tire him out.

I really don't understand this trade.
    A late second round pick is nice, but Chambers is an established #1 receiver.
    He's 29 and has a couple years left on his contract.
    You're going to develop your new Qb over the next few years with Marty Booker and whoever you can come up with in the draft or free agency?

To me this is a great deal for San Diego, who doesn't really have time to wait for guys to develop before their two stars, LT and Gates, lose a step.
    Now they have two real threats in the passing game to help back the defense off.

The only downside is if Norv uses this as an excuse to throw the ball around constantly, rather than letting LT carry the team.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I sure would like to be in the depths of Winter Park today to hear what is being discussed.

He seems like his lineup is set, and he likes his draft picks. (besides Allison)
    There is a perception on this page that he is a bit hard headed and egotistical when it comes to his players, however, I believe it is more than just the Chiller in said room and they all have a vote/say in what is going on.

On a side note.
    I think he likes Allison, he just doesn't have room on the Roster for him during game days right now.

Damn Ferguson.
    I have no grounds to say shit can him this week.

;D
    Fergi did have a couple of drops. I didn't think he looked that good.
    You know who does look good, all 3 of the recievers New England got in the offseason(moss, Welker, Stallworth) which in turns makes the vikings front office look bad for picking up Ferguson and Wade.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

On a side note.

gol 'darnit Ferguson.
    I have no grounds to say pooh can him this week.
    ;D
    You know who does look good, all 3 of the recievers New England got in the offseason(moss, Welker, Stallworth) which in turns makes the vikings front office look bad for picking up Ferguson and Wade.
    Must a thread about Chris Chambers turn into a Vikings front office bashing thread?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I honestly would have loved to get him.He has great hands and would be a solid number 1 for the remainder of the season.However SD feels closer to a ring and in a dyer need of WR.Good move for them IMO.Miami just went backwards again.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

On a side note.

gol 'darnit Ferguson.
    ;D
    Right.
    Because there was a possibility of Moss, Stallworth, or Welker coming to Minnesota...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

On a side note.

gol 'darnit Ferguson.
    ;D
    Right.
    Because there was a possibility of Moss, Stallworth, or Welker coming to Minnesota...
    So what does that say about our front office? that were unable to draw top talent and thus had to settle for unproven players? I don't think that is too strong of an argument.

Hopefully next year we will be able to attract some quality players to fill any holes we have in the lineup.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

DE? Really? I think we are set at DE for now.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=38824.msg655954#msg655954 date=1192563914]

On a side note.

gol 'darnit Ferguson.
    ;D
    Right.
    So what does that say about our front office? that were unable to draw top talent and thus had to settle for unproven players? I don't think that is too strong of an argument.

Hopefully next year we will be able to attract some quality players to fill any holes we have in the lineup.
    [/quote]

As were 30 other teams.
    It doesn't make out front office bad, it just means that the Vikings weren't as attractive as NE for a FA at the time- that shouldn't be a surprise...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

On a side note.

gol 'darnit Ferguson.

;D
    Right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast