singersp is offline PPO Newshound

2012 NFL Strength Of Schedule

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Imagine that!

The 13-3 Patriots get the easiest 2012 schedule followed by the 15-1 Packers.

Of course though, the Packers do play us 3-13 Vikings twice, which tends to skew their S.O.S.
    Last edited by singersp; 04-18-2012 at 07:37 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Imagine that!

The 13-3 Patriots get the easiest 2012 schedule followed by the 15-1 Packers.

Of course though, the Packers do play us 3-13 Vikings twice, which tends to skew their S.O.S.
    What skews it even more is we play the 15-1 packers twice putting a pretty healthy 30-2 mark on our SOS. Looking at the teams we play, it doesn't look particularly bad. It's just that we were particularly bad, so every team looks scary.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I hate strength of schedule discussions.

The win ratio of a team the year before is only loosely correlated with their eventual performance this year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I hate strength of schedule discussions.

The win ratio of a team the year before is only loosely correlated with their eventual performance this year.
    I totally agree!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vikingsflow is offline Waterboy
    Not bad really, we are in by far the hardest division though...

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Strength of schedule is mostly a mirage, and what isn't is almost entirely based on factors out of everyone's control. If you're in a good division like we are, it's tough. If you're in a crappy division like the NFC West, it's easy.

You have to remember that 14 out of the 16 games you will play in any given year are predetermined by the league's formula. You'll always have your 6 divisional games, and you'll always play one entire division from your conference on a three year rotation (this year we get the NFC West), and you'll always play one entire division from the other conference on a four year rotation (this year we get the AFC South). If you know the order in which they rotate, you can lock in 14 games every year.

The other two are the two remaining teams in your conference who finished in the same divisional rank as you did... which is why we get the Bucs and Redskins this year.

Strength of schedule... phooey! It's only worth comparing within your own division, and then only if you exclude the divisional games and take it with a grain of salt.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?