singersp is offline PPO Newshound

2012 defensive lines

2012 DEFENSIVE LINES

FWIW Marrdro. Digest at will. I'm still looking for DL QB hurries to go along with the sacks, but this will give you an idea where we stand on the pass & on the run.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2012 DEFENSIVE LINES

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    You know I live on that site so what are you trying to show? That we are 11th based on our sacks......

11 MIN 3.58 3.22 67% 18 27% 5 1.04 13 0.14 7 IND 11 6 7.9%

How about this then....Everson Griffen and JA are the only 2 DLmen with sacks and they only have 1 each. All the rest are from LB'rs and DB's. Explain that away my friend cause when I look at it it reads that the DL is getting alot of help from the backend instead of the front end getting it done.

Greenway, Chad 3 3 23 10 2 0.5 0 0 2 0 0 0
    Henderson, Erin 2 2 13 9 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Allen, Jared 3 3 4 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 0 0
    Cook, Chris 3 3 12 3 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 0
    Griffen, Everson 3 0 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Total: 118 58 7 7 2 6 14 1 24 0

Minnesota Vikings Stats - NFL - Pro Football - SI.com

On a side note, of the 3 sacks (1 of Chads and JA's) 2 were cover sacks yesterday.......just saying.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You know I live on that site so what are you trying to show? That we are 11th based on our sacks......

11 MIN 3.58 3.22 67% 18 27% 5 1.04 13 0.14 7 IND 11 6 7.9%

How about this then....Everson Griffen and JA are the only 2 DLmen with sacks and they only have 1 each. All the rest are from LB'rs and DB's. Explain that away my friend cause when I look at it it reads that the DL is getting alot of help from the backend instead of the front end getting it done.

Greenway, Chad 3 3 23 10 2 0.5 0 0 2 0 0 0
    Henderson, Erin 2 2 13 9 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Allen, Jared 3 3 4 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 0 0
    Cook, Chris 3 3 12 3 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 0
    Griffen, Everson 3 0 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Total: 118 58 7 7 2 6 14 1 24 0

Minnesota Vikings Stats - NFL - Pro Football - SI.com

On a side note, of the 3 sacks (1 of Chads and JA's) 2 were cover sacks yesterday.......just saying.....

Marty, Marty, Marty! Haven't you told us that the primary job of the RDE is not to sack the QB, but rather containment?

As far as Guion playing out of position, Kid does pretty good at times as one would expect from a kid learning on the field.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-28-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Marty, Marty, Marty! Haven't you told us that the primary job of the RDE is not to sack the QB, but rather containment?

As far as Guion playing out of position, Kid does pretty good at times as one would expect from a kid learning on the field.
    What........I've said nothing of the kind........

In our base defense.....

RDE - Primary Sack......Stop the run......Tertiary Contain
    LDE - Primary Stop the run.......Secondary Contain.....Tertiary Sack.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    What........I've said nothing of the kind........

In our base defense.....

RDE - Primary Sack......Stop the run......Tertiary Contain
    LDE - Primary Stop the run.......Secondary Contain.....Tertiary Sack.
    Sorry, my bad I meant....

Marty, Marty, Marty! Haven't you told us that the primary job of the LDE is not to sack the QB, but rather containment?

Meaning, Robison's primary focus isn't supposed to be on sacks, he's supposed to stop the run & contain. It doesn't bother me yet that he didn't have a sack yet, as long as he's doing what he's supposed to do.

You loving some Guion yet?

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Sorry, my bad I meant....

Marty, Marty, Marty! Haven't you told us that the primary job of the LDE is not to sack the QB, but rather containment?

Meaning, Robison's primary focus isn't supposed to be on sacks, he's supposed to stop the run & contain. It doesn't bother me yet that he didn't have a sack yet, as long as he's doing what he's supposed to do.

You loving some Guion yet?
    No way, your not allowed to make mistakes on here my friend.......snicker.......

Yes, I've always liked Guion. I think he will be a fine replacement for K-dubb. Always thought that. And what he did this weekend was against a single blocker (his sack) which kindof validates that.

I am liking how well he works with Ballard and Griff though. Those 3 are going to give us something to cheer about for many years to come.