Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

2010 NFL Mock Draft

This 3 rounds mock draft was made Thursday October 1st, 2009 on
    WalterFootball.com.

Minnesota Vikings: Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech.
    Ray Edwards is in his contract year and already has a sack from the left end position. If he leaves for another team this upcoming spring, the Vikings will be looking for a new left end. I'm not confident in Brian Robison.
    Link to mock draft: http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

They have us drafting with the 26th selection. Not bad.

NB: Post containing words like "too early" are not allowed

HEY
    Blog Entries

Re: 2010 NFL Mock Draft

I hope we draft Eric Decker in the later rounds. He could be the nest Cris Carter.
    Imagine having the speedster Percy Harvin on one side, and possesion receiver Cris Carter on the other. It would be the perfect mix.
    Plus, he's a real Minnesotan. Born, raised, lived, and played for Minnesota. He even was drafted by the Minnesota Twins.

I was thinking an Offensive Lineman, but Eric Decker is an excellent choice. This guy's big, tough, and is a big play receiver. He just doesn't have a balanced team for him to truly excel yet.
    Sean Saunders

HEY
    Blog Entries

"CulpepperViking16" wrote:
    I was thinking an Offensive Lineman, but Eric Decker is an excellent choice. This guy's big, tough, and is a big play receiver. He just doesn't have a balanced team for him to truly excel yet.
    You can never get enough offensive linemen in this league, but I don't want to draft an offensive tackle again. Feels like we have drafted an offensive tackle on day 1 in three years in a row now. We already have two backups that could start for a few teams.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I love this stuff.
    Here is a site I frequent alot during the season.....

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock-Draf...ft-Page-2.html

23. QB Tony Pike, Cincinnati The Vikings can't count on Brett Favre to come back next year.
    Pike (6' 6" 212 lbs) has excellent size and plenty of accuracy and arm strength.
    Funny thing about this team, we won't be drafting anyone that would/will have to immediately start in 2010.
    The staff will have the luxury of picking the BPA or using some draft picks to move up to get a cat they have targeted.

1A. QB - I would think that QB would be our biggest concern followed by........

1B. RB - Will we resign CT?
    Will one of the other guys be able to replace him?
    Top pick in this area is warranted I think.

We burned our first pick last year on a WR (some said the Chiller doesnt' do that) so I wouldn't think they would do that again.
    We are young at S, seem to be set at CB, good at LB, a nice rotation at DT and DE.

My guess.....

3. TE - If a "Inline Blocking" TE that can catch and block like Shanc, we take him.
    Jettison Dugan and let this cat learn behind Sauce and Shanc.

4. LDE - Been wanting one of these cats for a while.
    My guess is the try to resign Ray.
    Mitchell and Rob can hold the spot down though as the new guy learns.

K - I know, he can kick a FG but damn I get tired of watching teams start on the 30 yard line all the time.
    Bet our defense does as well.

Just some random thoughts..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Funny thing about this team, we won't be drafting anyone that would/will have to immediately start in 2010.
    The staff will have the luxury of picking the BPA or using some draft picks to move up to get a cat they have targeted
    Yes, exactly! I love our current roster. We have so many great players on the team.

1A. QB - I would think that QB would be our biggest concern
    Is it echo in here? I have heard that too many times, but sadly it's true. Why can't we just clone Peyton Manning?

I hope we resign Chester Taylor. He's the best backup in the NFL. Having him on third downs have helped this team to many victories. We only need a guy that can come in on passing downs. I would love to get a shifty running back like Noel Devin who will probably fall in draft status.

3. TE - If a "Inline Blocking" TE that can catch and block like Shanc, we take him.
    That wouldn't be wrong, but I don't think I would use a first round pick on a TE.

I would like a LDE in the first round, definitely. I like Ray Edwards, but he ain't no Jared Allen

K - I know, he can kick a FG but damn I get tired of watching teams start on the 30 yard line all the time.
    Longwell is one of the best field gold kickers in the league in my opinion, but for how long is he willing to play. He has been in the NFL for a very long time. I definitely think it's about time we start looking for a kicker than can replace him when he decides to leave the team. Plus, like you mentioned, he does not have a very powerful leg anymore.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I was kind of hoping for a 2342 mock draft.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I love this stuff.

23. QB Tony Pike, Cincinnati The Vikings can't count on Brett Favre to come back next year.
    Pike (6' 6" 212 lbs) has excellent size and plenty of accuracy and arm strength.
    The staff will have the luxury of picking the BPA or using some draft picks to move up to get a cat they have targeted.

We burned our first pick last year on a WR (some said the Chiller doesnt' do that) so I wouldn't think they would do that again.
    We are young at S, seem to be set at CB, good at LB, a nice rotation at DT and DE.

My guess.....

K - I know, he can kick a FG but gol 'darnit I get tired of watching teams start on the 30 yard line all the time.

1a.
    I agree.
    Based on that mock draft they have Colt McCoy going 17 to Denver.
    I would move up and take him in a heart beat.
    I think he has all the tools to be a good in the NFL.

I dont think you use this pick on a RB...pretty deep draft for what we need a RB for in this draft.
    I would take a LDE or LG here.
    We dont need an OT but Hutch is getting up there and will need to be replaced soon.

I think right about here i woudl use a pick on a guy like Trindon Holliday out of LSU.
    Darren Sproles type player.
    Very shifty gets lost in the group...and could be a great 3rd down back/4th or 5th receiver option.

Best player available maybe a DT or OLB.
    Or maybe another safety.

I like taking a good strong legged kicker in this draft too.

"purple_glory_dreamer" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I love this stuff.

My guess.....

K - I know, he can kick a FG but gol 'darnit I get tired of watching teams start on the 30 yard line all the time.

1a.
    I agree.
    Based on that mock draft they have Colt McCoy going 17 to Denver.
    I would move up and take him in a heart beat.
    I think he has all the tools to be a good in the NFL.

I dont think you use this pick on a RB...pretty deep draft for what we need a RB for in this draft.
    I would take a LDE or LG here.
    We dont need an OT but Hutch is getting up there and will need to be replaced soon.

I think right about here i woudl use a pick on a guy like Trindon Holliday out of LSU.
    Darren Sproles type player.
    Very shifty gets lost in the group...and could be a great 3rd down back/4th or 5th receiver option.

Best player available maybe a DT or OLB.
    Or maybe another safety.

I like taking a good strong legged kicker in this draft too.
    Nice post.
    One comment though, that isn't a round by round selection, just what positions I think need to be addressed and my order of priority.

Spielman seems to trend towards Best Player Available and doesn't really draft for need.
    At least that is what I think based on his small sampling size of draft history as a Vikes [s]GM[/s] VP of Player Personnel.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Prophet" wrote:
    I was kind of hoping for a 2342 mock draft.
    You know you want to do a 7 round mock with me this year. Admit it.
    ;D ;D ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast