Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

2008 NFL Draft pick-by-pick analysis

[size=12pt]2008 NFL Draft pick-by-pick analysis[/size]
    by JOHN CZARNECKI and PETER SCHRAGER, FOXSports.com
    Updated: April 27, 2008, 4:36 PM EST
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: 2008 NFL Draft pick-by-pick analysis

Thanks for the read.
    Some very interesting comments in there.

I have a few.......

a. No WR's taken in the first round.
    Were are the yutz's who persecuted me that Kelly wouldn't drop out of the first round?

b. Were are the yutz's who said that there wouldn't be 6 OL taken in the first round?
    Hell even I was wrong at 6.
    There were 7.

c.
    How about Flacco being the 2nd QB taken?

I think it would be a intersting thread if we started one that listed players that people tried to convince us that would go in the first round but didn't........ ;D

Marrdro's favorites that didn't quite make his percieved first round grade......

Reggie Smith CB/S
    Phillip Merling DE
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Well, this is my first poast regarding the draft. Overall I didn't like it. I don't see how you can expect to improve your team with only one pick in the first four rounds. I'm stunned we chose to trade out of the fourth instead on trading back into the third.

Tyrell Johnson - Love the player, don't like the trade to get him. Was he really not going to be there 4 picks later, and if he isn't, was there no one else to the point where we decided to ditch our 4th rounder? I will admit that OT flew off the board mighty quick. Ugh. We basically traded up to get Brohm, and then didn't get Brohm. People will hate me for that comment, but half of the people tuned in were thinking the same thing before the actual pick. Johnson will be a good player for us and hopefully we won't lose a beat when we transition to him from Sharper.

John David Booty - It was probabel that we would choose a QB sooner or later. Booty was a steal in round 5, but why did we wait that long? I'm stunned by the overall positive reaction to the pick on these boards. Before, people were raving much more about Josh Johnson and Kevein O'Connell.....that said, Booty does have a lot of postives within our system. Still, there are a plethora of QBs I would choose over him.

I'll choose not to comment about Gulion, Sullivan, or Johnson, because I really don't know anything about them. Sure they make for great depth, but I doubt Johnson will make the team.

To second guess our great trade for Allen, getting Allen was a great call! No worthwhile OTs or DEs left at 17. Wow did Harvey go early! What a great trade by us.

The saddest part of the draft for me was watching my favorite guys go to division rivals. Chris Williams, Jordy Nelson, Brian Brohm, and Earl Bennett...I still need a shoulder to cry on.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Nice post V.
    When they moved up to get STJ I thought...here comes Brohm, and when they didn't take him I was scratching my slightly bald head.

Mayock and the boys gave me some insight though when they said how interested some other teams were in him as well to include the Bears who were sitting ahead of us.

I did a quick google and found articles, blogs along the lines of this one.

http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articl...Johnson/226177
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg