Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51
  1. #11
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: 2008 NFC Power Rankings - Vikes 8th

    Top 8 team and we did not even make the playoffs? I will wait until offseason before making this statement. I think if we get McNabb we in in the top 8 for sure.

  2. #12
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: 2008 NFC Power Rankings - Vikes 8th

    CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT MCNABB
    WE ARE NOT GETTING HIM THE END.

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  3. #13
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: 2008 NFC Power Rankings - Vikes 8th

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT MCNABB
    WE ARE NOT GETTING HIM THE END.
    and you know this because.......... :

  4. #14
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: 2008 NFC Power Rankings - Vikes 8th

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT MCNABB
    WE ARE NOT GETTING HIM THE END.
    and if we do get either him or anderson? if we cant say that we hope we bring in another QB, then whats the point of a forum?
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: 2008 NFC Power Rankings - Vikes 8th

    I disagree with all of you that think we aren't to be considered a better than average team.

    Lets not forget that we will get better in the offseason even if they don't go out and get a bunch of FA veterans.
    If by some small miracle we get at least a WR and DE then think about it.

    The staff will have pleanty of time to go over tape with the team, throw that with the experience they had last year, the fact that most of our starters will be coming back.

    TJ, our biggest weakness going into last year played better than most thought he would.
    If he improve half as much as he did during the last offseason then we don't have any QB worries except trying to keep him healthy.

    We are the best in the league against the run and running with lots of potential to improve at passing and stopping the pass and I believe this team will be a pretty damn good team even without my purple glasses on.

    Consistency and talent my friends.
    Consistency and talent.
    All good teams build on that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: 2008 NFC Power Rankings - Vikes 8th

    "olson_10" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT MCNABB
    WE ARE NOT GETTING HIM THE END.
    and if we do get either him or anderson? if we cant say that we hope we bring in another QB, then whats the point of a forum?
    No kidding the point of a forum is to discuss what we think and want to happen. I hate when people make comments like that. I want McNabb and I think it is a possibility that we could get him. If you don't like it, too bad!

  7. #17
    tgorsegner's Avatar
    tgorsegner is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    786

    Re: 2008 NFC Power Rankings - Vikes 8th

    Consequently, expect to see a purging of sorts in the Beltway. A host of high-priced players will be shepherded out of town, some good (DE Phillip Daniels, perhaps)
    ehh? another maybe.


    Also, I really think that interested or not, the Vikings can't compete with the likes of Baltimore, Miami, Atlanta and perhaps Chicago in the McNabb sweepstakes, those teams all have players they could trade, a desperate need at QB and are still a few years from success and therefore more willing to trade good players.


    VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: 2008 NFC Power Rankings - Vikes 8th

    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    Consequently, expect to see a purging of sorts in the Beltway. A host of high-priced players will be shepherded out of town, some good (DE Phillip Daniels, perhaps)
    ehh? another maybe.


    Also, I really think that interested or not, the Vikings can't compete with the likes of Baltimore, Miami, Atlanta and perhaps Chicago in the McNabb sweepstakes, those teams all have players they could trade, a desperate need at QB and are still a few years from success and therefore more willing to trade good players.
    A very solid point, however, I don't think it comes down to whether we can compete with them or not, but rather its to the point that this ownership group has a clear and concise (albeit long) plan and they I would be very suprised to see them jeopordize the future of the team by going after a McNabb just to satisfy a few fans who aren't content to wait for a raw QB to develop.

    Another solid draft solidifies this team for years to come.
    To give up those picks as well as most of our CAP for a guy for a year or two just does not ring true with respect to the way we have seen this organization work.

    Again, draft wisely, sign a few low cost FA to fill the holes and don't break the bank in FA.
    That is the modis operandi of this regime.
    I just don't see them deviating from that for a "WOW" factor trade.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: 2008 NFC Power Rankings - Vikes 8th

    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    Consequently, expect to see a purging of sorts in the Beltway. A host of high-priced players will be shepherded out of town, some good (DE Phillip Daniels, perhaps)
    ehh? another maybe.


    Also, I really think that interested or not, the Vikings can't compete with the likes of Baltimore, Miami, Atlanta and perhaps Chicago in the McNabb sweepstakes, those teams all have players they could trade, a desperate need at QB and are still a few years from success and therefore more willing to trade good players.
    The vikings would have a better opportunity to compete IMO, because like you said those teams are still a couple of years away, where as we are right there and mcnabb doesnt have much longer in this league

    Thanks josdin00

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: 2008 NFC Power Rankings - Vikes 8th

    "tb04512" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    Consequently, expect to see a purging of sorts in the Beltway. A host of high-priced players will be shepherded out of town, some good (DE Phillip Daniels, perhaps)
    ehh? another maybe.


    Also, I really think that interested or not, the Vikings can't compete with the likes of Baltimore, Miami, Atlanta and perhaps Chicago in the McNabb sweepstakes, those teams all have players they could trade, a desperate need at QB and are still a few years from success and therefore more willing to trade good players.
    The vikings would have a better opportunity to compete IMO, because like you said those teams are still a couple of years away, where as we are right there and mcnabb doesnt have much longer in this league
    And that is why (IMHO) they won't mortgage the bank for him regardless of how much us fans want a better option at QB.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NFL Power Rankings: May 2008 edition
    By Mr-holland in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 03:53 AM
  2. ESPN NFL Power Rankings: May 2008 edition
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 11:54 PM
  3. My own pre-2008 Season Power Rankings
    By StillPurple in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 09:01 PM
  4. 2008 offseason power rankings
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 10:52 AM
  5. Madden power rankings for 2008.
    By baumy300 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 08:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •