Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2008 NFC Power Rankings - Vikes 8th

Top 8 team and we did not even make the playoffs? I will wait until offseason before making this statement. I think if we get McNabb we in in the top 8 for sure.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT MCNABB
    WE ARE NOT GETTING HIM THE END.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    and you know this because.......... :

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    and if we do get either him or anderson? if we cant say that we hope we bring in another QB, then whats the point of a forum?
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I disagree with all of you that think we aren't to be considered a better than average team.

Lets not forget that we will get better in the offseason even if they don't go out and get a bunch of FA veterans.
    If by some small miracle we get at least a WR and DE then think about it.

The staff will have pleanty of time to go over tape with the team, throw that with the experience they had last year, the fact that most of our starters will be coming back.

TJ, our biggest weakness going into last year played better than most thought he would.
    If he improve half as much as he did during the last offseason then we don't have any QB worries except trying to keep him healthy.

We are the best in the league against the run and running with lots of potential to improve at passing and stopping the pass and I believe this team will be a pretty damn good team even without my purple glasses on.

Consistency and talent my friends.
    Consistency and talent.
    All good teams build on that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"olson_10" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    and if we do get either him or anderson? if we cant say that we hope we bring in another QB, then whats the point of a forum?
    No kidding the point of a forum is to discuss what we think and want to happen. I hate when people make comments like that. I want McNabb and I think it is a possibility that we could get him. If you don't like it, too bad!

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

Consequently, expect to see a purging of sorts in the Beltway. A host of high-priced players will be shepherded out of town, some good (DE Phillip Daniels, perhaps)
    ehh? another maybe.

Also, I really think that interested or not, the Vikings can't compete with the likes of Baltimore, Miami, Atlanta and perhaps Chicago in the McNabb sweepstakes, those teams all have players they could trade, a desperate need at QB and are still a few years from success and therefore more willing to trade good players.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    Consequently, expect to see a purging of sorts in the Beltway. A host of high-priced players will be shepherded out of town, some good (DE Phillip Daniels, perhaps)
    ehh? another maybe.

Also, I really think that interested or not, the Vikings can't compete with the likes of Baltimore, Miami, Atlanta and perhaps Chicago in the McNabb sweepstakes, those teams all have players they could trade, a desperate need at QB and are still a few years from success and therefore more willing to trade good players.
    A very solid point, however, I don't think it comes down to whether we can compete with them or not, but rather its to the point that this ownership group has a clear and concise (albeit long) plan and they I would be very suprised to see them jeopordize the future of the team by going after a McNabb just to satisfy a few fans who aren't content to wait for a raw QB to develop.

Another solid draft solidifies this team for years to come.
    To give up those picks as well as most of our CAP for a guy for a year or two just does not ring true with respect to the way we have seen this organization work.

Again, draft wisely, sign a few low cost FA to fill the holes and don't break the bank in FA.
    That is the modis operandi of this regime.
    I just don't see them deviating from that for a "WOW" factor trade.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    ehh? another maybe.

The vikings would have a better opportunity to compete IMO, because like you said those teams are still a couple of years away, where as we are right there and mcnabb doesnt have much longer in this league

Thanks josdin00

"tb04512" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    ehh? another maybe.

The vikings would have a better opportunity to compete IMO, because like you said those teams are still a couple of years away, where as we are right there and mcnabb doesnt have much longer in this league
    And that is why (IMHO) they won't mortgage the bank for him regardless of how much us fans want a better option at QB.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast