Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2007 schedule release on NFL Network

I saw on ESPN last week that they had some schedule release thing, but when I went to watch it, it was poker.
    I was wondering what happened.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NFL.com just verified that the schedule will be released tomorrow at 12:00 noon CT.
    http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10119199
    (April 10, 2007) -- For the fourth consecutive season, the National Football League's release of the regular-season playing schedule will be made into a 60-minute television special on NFL Network's signature show, NFL Total Access.

The show will air Wednesday, April 11, at 1 p.m. ET when the schedule is completed. NFL.com will stream the show live and will also make available the entire league and team-by-team schedules.

The NFL Total Access Schedule Show presented by GMC will be hosted by Rich Eisen alongside analysts Steve Mariucci and Jim Mora.

Total Access will announce the 2007 regular-season playing schedule on a week-by-week basis, highlighting all the compelling match-ups.

The special also features interviews with New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush and broadcaster Troy Aikman from FOX to gauge their reactions to the schedule.

In addition to the NFL Total Access Schedule Show presented by GMC, NFL Network features live, gavel-to-gavel coverage of the 2007 NFL Draft as well as exclusive live coverage of NFL Europa games this spring.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I saw on ESPN last week that they had some schedule release thing, but when I went to watch it, it was poker.
    I was wondering what happened.
    Clearly an effective strategy to get you to watch poker.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

The NFL certainly knows how to market itself. They already have huge attendance and ratings during the regular season. They've turned their draft into a two day spectacle; something that no other sport has been able to match. With the spacing of the regular season, the draft, the combine, and the minicamps, it seems as though July is the only month of the year where there isn't some big thing to talk about in the sport, and now they've made releasing the scedule into a major production that will get ratings, and will bring in a revenue. And this is in a league where everybody already knows they teams they're be playing next year. (Heck, if we wanted to, we could figure out all but two teams the Vikings will playing for any year in the foreseeable future, as long as the NFL sticks with their current sceduling algorythm.)

Can you imagine anybody willing to spend an hour watching a show on the release of MLB's yearly schedule?

Schedule is being released today at 1 PM EST on NFL Network.
    Show's gonna be streamed on NFL.com as well.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Displaced_Viking" wrote:
    LOL.
    I already posted the same thing (and more) literally three posts above yours. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Displaced_Viking" wrote:
    LOL.
    I already posted the same thing (and more) literally three posts above yours. ;D
    Haha.
    Oops.
    I even searched for the topic, too.
    You know the guy that laughs at a joke that he just got, even though it was told a couple of minutes ago, and everybody's forgot about it already.
    Yeah, I'm that guy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12