Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

2007 schedule release on NFL Network

Does anyone know when the show giving the schedule release is airing? I think it's in April but not sure when.. hopefully when we're visiting friends in Canada as I know he'll be watching it for sure
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: 2007 schedule release on NFL Network

This is all I could find on it:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/listings
    NFL TOTAL ACCESS Schedule Show
    April 2007
    For the fourth consecutive season, the National Football League's release of the regular season playing schedule will be made into a two-hour television show on NFL Network's signature show, NFL Total Access . NFLTA will announce the 2007 regular season playing schedule on a week-by-week basis featuring interviews with current players, coaches and broadcasters commenting on the newly unveiled schedule.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

Also, last year it was announced in the first week of April, so I would expect it to be right around the same time.

Last Year's Schedule Announcement
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

The NFL will release it's schedule at 4:00 pm, Thursday, April 5th with a special two hour NFL Total Access.

4 p.m. -- NFL Total Access
    NFL Total Access Schedule Release Show - Exclusive unveiling of the 2007 Regular Season schedule on the NFL's show of record. Total Access provides all of the news, interviews and analysis associated with each team's schedule.
    http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/schedule/0405
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries

First, it is weird that I am the only one responding to this thread...

Second, and more importantly, in case you hadn't heard they pushed the release back. >
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2823297
    Release of regular-season NFL schedule delayed
    Fans anxious to begin making plans for the 2007 NFL regular-season schedule will have to wait a little longer.

A league official confirmed Monday that the much-anticipated announcement of the regular-season schedule, originally set for Thursday, will be delayed. The schedule could be released as early as next week now, with the roll-out coming no later than April 19.

The delay was first reported by NFL.com, the league-owned Web site.

The league did announce its full preseason schedule on Monday afternoon.

Last week, at its annual meetings in Phoenix, the NFL unveiled its nationally televised opening week matchups for Sept. 6-10 and its three Thanksgiving Day games. The regular season kicks off Sept. 6 when the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts host the New Orleans Saints.

The NFL tentatively planned to roll out the rest of the regular-season schedule during a two-hour bloc on the NFL Network on Thursday afternoon. But an NFL official suggested to ESPN.com last week in Phoenix that a delay of that Thursday broadcast was likely, because there was still considerable work to be completed on the schedule.

The NFL designs its regular-season schedule without using computers and the process, given the longstanding priority on maintaining competitive balance, is an arduous task.

One notable change that first-year commissioner Roger Goodell has made is to solicit more input. For instance, long-time NFL general manager Ernie Accorsi, who retired from the New York Giants earlier in the offseason, recently visited the NFL offices to peruse the schedule.
    Grrrrrr.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Wait, so the first game of the season is only going to be on the NFL network? If it is I'm going to pissed

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"vikes2456" wrote:
    Wait, so the first game of the season is only going to be on the NFL network? If it is I'm going to pissed
    What did you read that gave you that impression? I think you're mis-interpreting something.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"josdin00" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    What did you read that gave you that impression? I think you're mis-interpreting something.
    Yeah I did misread it, my mind is pretty shot from an exam earlier today.

Blog Entries

SCHEDULE COMING OUT WEDNESDAY

Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com reports that the 2007 NFL schedule will be released on Wednesday, April 11.

We'll be all over the thing as soon as it comes out, with a patented Ten-Pack of observations based on the full slate of games.

Two weeks ago, the NFL announced the nationally-televised games for the season-opening weekend.
    Also, the league has released details on the three Thanksgiving games.

The full schedule was supposed to be released on April 5, but was delayed.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I'll believe it when I see it.

Keeping my fingers crossed though.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries

LMAO.
    And I thought there were some conspiracy theorists here at PP.O.
    Listen to this one from a different team's message board:

link
    It's amazing how the NFL, Hotels, Airlines and Resturants all play a part in making the 2007 NFL Schedule... Iv'e been planning a group trip for MB members since January and I've had a few hotels to give me projected dates on when we play in 2007. The hotels know the football dates way in advance because that gives them time to increase there hotel prices and make sure no conventions or other groups are in town... Some hotels don't even allow you to use your reward points nor allow employee discounts on rooms in certain cities during Football season.

Now lets get to the Airline folks, I find it strange that AIRTRAN has a special that runs until April 10th and now the dates have been pushed back. Did AIRTRAN make a deal with the NFL due to the number of people that will be booking Road Trips to away games? Did AIRTRAN realize the amount of money that they would loose if the schedule came out on Thursday April 5th?

Not to mention you have to pay your deposit for your season tickets way before the draft and the schedule release. It's like the double drive thru line at McDonalds... They take your money and then make you wait... Knowing your not going to leave because you have already paid your money.

Everybody is in this together, it's B.S
    Right.
    I am sure that NFL made a major move to its schedule release because Airtran had a special running.
    :
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast