Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    aceclown is offline Coach

Re: 2007 NFL HOF announced

The voters have to be on someone's private payroll, thats the only explanation for the crackhead picks (no pun intended) this year.

Chuch.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would just love to see Irvin's sorry arse busted for something between now and the enshrinement ceremony. Then let's see all his 'supporters', especially on TV then try and account for his actions then.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    I would just love to see Irvin's sorry arse busted for something between now and the enshrinement ceremony. Then let's see all his 'supporters', especially on TV then try and account for his actions then.
    He has plenty of time between now and August to find a friend who needs a crack pipe hidden.

minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

"WVV" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    He has plenty of time between now and August to find a friend who needs a crack pipe hidden.
    I hate that jack arse, all his support TO and all that other crap, he's like the class clown of the broadcasters.

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think one of the worst things was Tagliabue not getting in. Tagliabue took the league and made it the most dominant sport in the United States and one of the most popular in the world.

A good man and a good leader that led the ENTIRE LEAGUE gets snubbed and a convict gets in.
    :

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I thinks it's reflective of our lower standards as a society.
    We have no one to blame but ourselves.
    We have spent YEARS glorifying the "Look at me" attitude of players - everything from the elaborate and excessive TD celebrations to the school yard punk style displays of dominance during big plays.
    We highlight them, we run them over and over.
    We glorify and idolize the players who place themselves over the game.

I have watched, every season, as a handful of promising players - some established, some not - heatedly demand to be given pay raises or trades...some refusing to play until their demands are met.
    And, year after year, I see teams cave in to those demands.
    And, every season, some other team is right there with the big pay check...in essence, rewarding that player for his unprofessional conduct.

I have watched, every season, as antics and showmanship have replaced dignity and class on the fields, and on the networks.
    Everyone wants to contribute a clip or a sound bite that will get them attention.

You see, it doesn't pay to be "Classy" anymore.
    It pays to be a prima-donna.
    It pays to be a self-indulgent, self-centered, jackass who pays lip service to the concept of team.
    After all, what kind of a story does it make to say, "Marvin Harrison played a fantastic game making 5 catches and scoring 2 TDs" versus "Terrel Owens then danced on the Dallas star to the outrage of the Dallas players and fans..."
    Which sells more papers, gets more viewers, gets talked about more?

Why should we be suprised that the very same people who are responsible for highlighting and condoning that behaviour - on and off the field - have reflected their low personal standards by electing a drug user over a class act athlete?

Does Micheal Irvin DESERVE to be in the HOF?
    I don't know.
    Based on what he did ON the field...maybe.
    Was he really that good, or was he surrounded by people who were?
    But, does Art Monk deserve to be there...absolutely.

Yes, the voters screwed the pooch big time here, and football's image is forever tarnished...but it wasn't that big of a leap.
    Not really.
    We've watched for years as the level of class represented by the NFL has slowly dropped into the crapper.
    That it would someday infect the Hall was inevitable.

Caine

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Sorry Caine!
    Your last paragraph was all you needed to explain the reasons.
    With A$$Clowns like Peter King and Paul Zimmerman, not to mention all the jack hole reporters from the Midwest, it shouldn't surprise anyone that the current HOF selection process is highly flawed!

Michael Irvin a HOF?
    :

God only knows who they'll select next go around!
    When the NFL shuns candidates like Art Monk and Paul Tagliabue, you know the problem is HUMAN RELATED!
    MORONS like King who get all wet writing about a guy like Irvin make the HOF a HALL OF JOKES!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

LOL, wow, talk about overreacting.

Yeah, it was a bit suprising that Irvin made it before Monk.

But Micheal definatley deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Not only did he win 3 Superbowls, but he has very impressive stats throughout this 12 year career.

Art Monk should still make the Hall of Fame, I'll be very suprised if he dosen't. Remember, Irvin didn't make it right away, he was denied twice, before finally making it in 2007.

You can also expect Andre Reed, Derrick Thomas, and Paul Tagliabue to be future Hall of Famers.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    Someone enlighten me. I must be missing something. Why do all these sports writers have a hardon for Art Monk? The guy was a great receiver, his numbers are right there, and he was a class act all the way. So what's with the diss? I don't get it. Out of all the players that didn't make it, he deserves it the most.
    Maybe Monk needs to start selling crack or something to get in. What is with the mixed messages. They are so anti Drug but yet instill they let someone like Irvin into their kall of Fame? WTF?

LOL, these cheapshots at Micheal Irvin are so foolish.

Sure, he had many drug problems when he played for the Dallas Cowboys, but he got his life together and recently became a Hall of Famer.

Don't you people realize that Cris Carter was once a drug and alcohol addict?

He d@mn near tanked his career in Philly because of alleged drug use and media debacles. Then he was cut from the Philadelphia Eagles.

He cleaned up his act, found a new love for the game, and is beloved by nearly all Vikings fans not only for his HOF numbers, but for the fact that he made the absolute most out of a second chance and repaid the debt he owed Minnesota for the risk they took on him.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    Someone enlighten me. I must be missing something. Why do all these sports writers have a hardon for Art Monk? The guy was a great receiver, his numbers are right there, and he was a class act all the way. So what's with the diss? I don't get it. Out of all the players that didn't make it, he deserves it the most.
    Maybe Monk needs to start selling crack or something to get in. What is with the mixed messages. They are so anti Drug but yet instill they let someone like Irvin into their kall of Fame? WTF?

LOL, these cheapshots at Micheal Irvin are so foolish. Sure, he had many drug problems when he played for the Dallas Cowboys, but he got his life together and recently became a Hall of Famer.

Don't you people realize that Cris Carter was once a drug and alcohol addict?

He d@mn near tanked his career in Philly because of alleged drug use and media debacles. Then he was suprisingly released the follow pre-season.

He cleaned up his act, found a new love for the game, and is beloved by nearly all Vikings fans not only for his HOF numbers, but for the fact that he made the absolute most out of a second chance and repaid the debt he owed Minnesota for the risk they took on him.
    Get real.
    Irvin should not have gone in before a lot of folks that are in the waiting line.
    Explain to Taglibue that Irvin is more deserving than him.
    The guy is a head case and should be sitting on the outside looking in and buying tickets for Canton like the rest of us.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast