Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

2007 NFL HOF announced

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2753109

C'mon Irving? and Mcdaniel Didn't make it? what a joke!
    Glad Thurman made it though.

NFL | Wehrli elected to 2007 Hall of Fame
    Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:38:52 -0800

The NFL Network reports former St. Louis Cardinals CB Roger Wehrli has been elected to the 2007 Pro Football Hall of Fame.

NFL | T. Thomas elected to 2007 Hall of Fame
    Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:38:50 -0800

The NFL Network reports former Buffalo Bills RB Thurman Thomas has been elected to the 2007 Pro Football Hall of Fame.

NFL | C. Sanders elected to 2007 Hall of Fame
    Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:38:48 -0800

The NFL Network reports former Detroit Lions TE Charlie Sanders has been elected to the 2007 Pro Football Hall of Fame.

NFL | Matthews elected to 2007 Hall of Fame
    Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:38:46 -0800

The NFL Network reports former Houston Oilers and Tennessee Titans OL Bruce Matthews has been elected to the 2007 Pro Football Hall of Fame.

NFL | Irvin elected to 2007 Hall of Fame
    Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:38:44 -0800

The NFL Network reports former Dallas Cowboys WR Michael Irvin has been elected to the 2007 Pro Football Hall of Fame.

NFL | Hickerson elected to 2007 Hall of Fame
    Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:38:41 -0800

The NFL Network reports former Cleveland Browns OG Gene Hickerson has been elected to the 2007 Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2007 NFL HOF announced

I'm not going to cream my shorts over any of those selections.
    Michael Irvin is my least liked on the list, that bastard cost me a lot of money.

=====================================

Florio came out with a story on Irvin:

POSTED 3:13 p.m. EST, February 3, 2007

IRVIN OVER MONK SENDS A BAD MESSAGE
    pft.com

Now that Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin has leap-frogged Redskins/Jets/Eagles receiver Art Monk into Canton, we think it's high time for everyone who appreciates the talents of someone who does their job, does it well, keeps his mouth shut, and stays out of trouble to stand up at shout:
    "Why!?!"

Monk made it through 16 NFL seasons, and finished with 940 catches, 12,721 yards, and 68 touchdowns.
    He won three Super Bowl rings with three different quarterbacks (none of whom are or ever should be in the Hall of Fame) throwing the passes.

Irvin played 12 years, and caught 750 passes for 11,904 yards and 65 touchdowns.
    He won three Super Bowls with Hall of Famer Troy Aikman distributing the pill.

The only real difference between the two?
    Irvin was a loudmouth on the field, and a turd off of it.
    Monk was neither.

We know.
    We know.
    A player's off-the-field exploits are not to be considered, per Hall of Fame bylaws.
    Well, why hasn't it occurred to someone to change the gol 'darnit bylaws?

What message does it send to kids out there when a receiver who acts responsibly and humbly on and off the field gets passed over by a guy with lesser career stats?
    And what happens if/when Irvin (who from time to time appears to be incoherent on the air) dishonors the assembly of busts (which per John Madden come to life at night and talk to each other) if/when Irvin gets arrested again?

We've been to Canton, and it's weird to see O.J. Simpson's bust among all of the non-murderers.
    In his case, though, no one had an inkling that he might someday treat his ex-wife and her friend like a couple of Thanksgiving turkeys.
    For guys like Irvin, will anyone be surprised if/when he does something that will tarnish the entire body of players who represent true excellence in the sport?

When a team drafts a guy with a history of misconduct and the player commits further misconduct after joining the team, the team that selected him rightly is criticized.
    We think that the organization and its selection committee fairly should face the same scrutiny if/when Irvin casts shame on the Hall of Fame.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Michael Irvin is one of the biggest loudmouths in the history of football, television, and, now the HOF.
    The fact that he made it before Randall McDaniel is a complete joke.
    That he made it before Monk is a tragedy.
    I could not stand him at Miami, hated him as a Cowboy, literally hit mute when he speaks on ESPN...now, I will boycott his induction.
    If he has turned his life around (yeah, right); great...however, I STILL can't stand him.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Irvin got in because he didn't any more friends that needed their crack pipe hidden.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

Someone enlighten me. I must be missing something. Why do all these sports writers have a hardon for Art Monk? The guy was a great receiver, his numbers are right there, and he was a class act all the way. So what's with the diss? I don't get it. Out of all the players that didn't make it, he deserves it the most.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Zimmerman didnt make it either damn..

Cant believe Irvin got in

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    Someone enlighten me. I must be missing something. Why do all these sports writers have a hardon for Art Monk? The guy was a great receiver, his numbers are right there, and he was a class act all the way. So what's with the diss? I don't get it. Out of all the players that didn't make it, he deserves it the most.
    It's more about a douche like Irvin getting in than it is about Monk.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

This is a joke. I don't want to be too repetitive of what you all have said, but wtf is up with Irvin getting in before Monk.

All he did ever were being an A-hole. Plus is numbers is seriously flawed by playing on a good team with Aikman throwing to him. Which also happens to be one of the favored teams in the sport.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Total BULLSHIT!!!
    Who is voting for these turds???
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    Maybe Monk needs to start selling crack or something to get in. What is with the mixed messages. They are so anti Drug but yet instill they let someone like Irvin into their kall of Fame? WTF?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast