Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Purple Kool Aid's Avatar
    Purple Kool Aid is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    46

    Re: 2007 HOF preliminary nominees

    Cunningham will be 1st ballot.

    I think McDaniel will get in, first ballot might be a stretch but he will get in.


    Zimmerman and Doleman deserve it but they might struggle for a while before they get enshrined.


    Joey Browner won't get in but he is a guy that if you watched him over his full career you'd see why he should, but very few outside of this market will see it.
    http://purplekool-aid.blogspot.com/

  2. #12
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: 2007 HOF preliminary nominees

    "Purple" wrote:
    Cunningham will be 1st ballot.

    I think McDaniel will get in, first ballot might be a stretch but he will get in.


    Zimmerman and Doleman deserve it but they might struggle for a while before they get enshrined.


    Joey Browner won't get in but he is a guy that if you watched him over his full career you'd see why he should, but very few outside of this market will see it.
    What do you mean by "Very few outside of this market will see the HOF"

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #13
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: 2007 HOF preliminary nominees

    "Acumen" wrote:
    HOF nominees for 2007

    Who will actually get inducted from the list?
    I'm not sure how the HOF nominees are determined, so I won't get all worked up about Mick Tinglehoff not being on there.
    If you look, all of the Vikes listed had careers which ended in the 90s, so I'm guessing that players from the 70s and such go through a different process.

    From that list, McDaniel and Browner are my choices.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: 2007 HOF preliminary nominees

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    HOF nominees for 2007

    Who will actually get inducted from the list?
    I'm not sure how the HOF nominees are determined, so I won't get all worked up about Mick Tinglehoff not being on there.
    If you look, all of the Vikes listed had careers which ended in the 90s, so I'm guessing that players from the 70s and such go through a different process.

    From that list, McDaniel and Browner are my choices.

    =Z=
    Okay - now I'll get worked up.
    WTF???
    No Tinglehoff???
    Who are they kidding!

    http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/story.jsp?story_id=2235

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: 2007 HOF preliminary nominees

    Mcdaniel is a lock for the HOF.

    Interesting to see if Cunningham makes it in. Me and Ultra debated this one a few weeks ago. I would not be surprised if he makes it to the hall.

  6. #16
    tybrones87's Avatar
    tybrones87 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    103

    Re: 2007 HOF preliminary nominees

    Cunningham has 3 MVP awards. I think he belongs in the HOF

  7. #17
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: 2007 HOF preliminary nominees

    "tybrones87" wrote:
    Cunningham has 3 MVP awards. I think he belongs in the HOF
    I think he gets in. I can see the reasoning behind people who say he will not, but I think he has too many things going for him to NOT get in.

    He changed the position.

  8. #18
    Purple Kool Aid's Avatar
    Purple Kool Aid is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    46

    Re: 2007 HOF preliminary nominees

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:
    Cunningham will be 1st ballot.

    I think McDaniel will get in, first ballot might be a stretch but he will get in.


    Zimmerman and Doleman deserve it but they might struggle for a while before they get enshrined.


    Joey Browner won't get in but he is a guy that if you watched him over his full career you'd see why he should, but very few outside of this market will see it.
    What do you mean by "Very few outside of this market will see the HOF"
    I meant that people outside of this market (or NFC Central markets) didn't have great exposure to seeing Browner.
    His national stature was not as great as his local greatness.
    http://purplekool-aid.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings 2011 preliminary schedule
    By VikingMike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 10:12 PM
  2. 9 former Vikings on preliminary HOF nominee list
    By Erinnn in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 11:40 AM
  3. PPO FF 2008 - Preliminary Announcement
    By Zeus in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 03:35 AM
  4. Darwin Award Nominees
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 09:23 AM
  5. 2005 Hall of Fame Nominees
    By Webby in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-13-2004, 11:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •