Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Draft WR

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2007 Draft WR

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    In order of the players I would want the most:

1. Calvin Johnson. This is improbable barring a season ending injury. Johnson has it all. Big play ability, speed, the hands, the moves. He is the typical #1 pick guy. Biggest Question? Doesn't handle the clutch well. He doesn't play on the big stage at GT and when he plays the big ESPN games, he chokes at the end. When they played NC state, in the last minute of the game down by less than a TD, I thought the game was over. They throw it once to johnson and he screws up. The second time he tries to tip it up to himself moss style and it gets picked off by my boy Garland Heath.

2. The Shark, Jeff Samarzdija. The typical first round wide reciever that you look for. Huge size, speed, and great catching ability. He plays on the big stage and proves it every week. The question mark? he might go pro in baseball. That would kind of put a damper on your draft if you picked a guy that was never going to play a snap for you.

3. Tedd Ginn Jr. Of the videos above, his easily impressed me the most. This guy is downright fast. He has that height like a Moss and could also serve as a punt returner. I love how long his stride is and the only thing I can think of when watching him is Moss Moss Moss. The question? Will Ginn be able to handle playing a role as the primary reciever on a team in the NFL. He's used to having other players get a bulk of receptions as well like Santonio Holmes.

4. Mario Manningham. I haven't seen a lot of this guy at all but based on the videos I would put him here. Just like the rest of these guys, he looks like he has the big play ability on the college level. I would really like to watch a whole game with this guy playing like I have the rest of them.. Anyone know a lot about him?

If you mean santana moss or sinorice moss then yes but he is not randy mosses height.Ted ginn is 6.0
    What I meant about the moss comparison was within his stride. Watch him run down the field and you'll see what I mean.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    In order of the players I would want the most:

1. Calvin Johnson. This is improbable barring a season ending injury. Johnson has it all. Big play ability, speed, the hands, the moves. He is the typical #1 pick guy. Biggest Question? Doesn't handle the clutch well. He doesn't play on the big stage at GT and when he plays the big ESPN games, he chokes at the end. When they played NC state, in the last minute of the game down by less than a TD, I thought the game was over. They throw it once to johnson and he screws up. The second time he tries to tip it up to himself moss style and it gets picked off by my boy Garland Heath.

2. The Shark, Jeff Samarzdija. The typical first round wide reciever that you look for. Huge size, speed, and great catching ability. He plays on the big stage and proves it every week. The question mark? he might go pro in baseball. That would kind of put a damper on your draft if you picked a guy that was never going to play a snap for you.

3. Tedd Ginn Jr. Of the videos above, his easily impressed me the most. This guy is downright fast. He has that height like a Moss and could also serve as a punt returner. I love how long his stride is and the only thing I can think of when watching him is Moss Moss Moss. The question? Will Ginn be able to handle playing a role as the primary reciever on a team in the NFL. He's used to having other players get a bulk of receptions as well like Santonio Holmes.

4. Mario Manningham. I haven't seen a lot of this guy at all but based on the videos I would put him here. Just like the rest of these guys, he looks like he has the big play ability on the college level. I would really like to watch a whole game with this guy playing like I have the rest of them.. Anyone know a lot about him?

If you mean santana moss or sinorice moss then yes but he is not randy mosses height.Ted ginn is 6.0
    What I meant about the moss comparison was within his stride. Watch him run down the field and you'll see what I mean.
    O if you mean stride then yes.He has really long strides once he gets into that second gear good luck catching him!

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    I am sold on ginn jr right now hes super fast and hes got some nice jukes and moves i saw at least 3 punt or kickoff td returns in that video
    Ginn isn't even the best WR on his own team, IMHO.
    That's Anthony Gonzalez.
    Ginn gets the press and attention because of the speed and flashy moves, but it appears that Gonzalez makes the big catches.
    At least he did this week against Iowa.

=Z=
    haha yeah right, anthony gonzales isnt even close to being on the same level as ted ginn jr.
    our only sure-handed receiver

I havent even heard of gonzales....

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

gonzo is number 11.
    he has friggin a motor on him.
    did anyone see his td scramble last week against iowa, practically made the whole defense miss him.
    whenever i see ohio state play i see him making plays.
    i don't know about his size, but he has friggin heart.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Let's draft Randy Moss!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Let's draft Randy Moss!!!
    Best....idea....EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

ginn is a freak talent. he tied the big ten carreer record for punt returns for touchdowns as a FRESHMAN!!! he hasnt been return that many lately because he does try to juske and go lateral too
    mmuch. he needs to learn to just travel north and south and then really watch out for this guy.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"mr.woo" wrote:
    ginn is a freak talent. he tied the big ten carreer record for punt returns for touchdowns as a FRESHMAN!!! he hasnt been return that many lately because he does try to juske and go lateral too
    mmuch. he needs to learn to just travel north and south and then really watch out for this guy.
    Are drafting a WR or a punt-returner?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

just pointing out that because of his speed we dont just have to use him at wr. he could be vary vauluable to us in many different ways. hes even returned like 3 kick eturns in his career too. if he polishes his route running he will be an unstoppable force.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast