Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MindFreak is offline Starter

2 Coaching jobs left, who gets them, which is the better get?

Washington
    Atlanta
    Two teams that need a head coach, what is your best guess at who goes to those teams?

2. Which job is the better get?
    I'm sure everyone will say Washington hands down, but there is an argument that can be made for the future of the dirty birds
    1. They have a nice set of receivers in Roddy White, Michael Jenkins and a good TE in Alge Crumpler
    2. Jerious Norwood and Dunn, yes Dunn won't be around for much longer, but still a nice running game.
    3. a couple nice young defense players Jamaal Anderson and DeAngelo Hall
    If they get Matt Ryan in the draft and let him sit for a year, they could be the NFC South champs in 09

Washington
    Jason Campbell progessed a lot this year, unfortunately cut short by injury
    Portis/Betts damn good RB combo
    One of the top 5 TE in the game in Cooley
    WR: To me are a bit overrated in Santana Moss and Randel El
    Old CB's in Smoot and Springs
    Damn good rookie Safety in Landry
    And a lot of age in the LB and Dline areas
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: 2 Coaching jobs left, who gets them, which is the better get?

If you look at record-wise it's Washington, and even if you take that out Washington is the better team.
    Who will go where? i have no idea i'm just hoping Frazier could stay here
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    If you look at record-wise it's Washington, and even if you take that out Washington is the better team.
    Who will go where? i have no idea i'm just hoping Frazier could stay here
    I know, just trying to make a case for Atlanta and why it isn't the worst job to get
    I hope Frazier stays too, but what would it say if we lost him, got another D-Co and still had the best run defense and improved on the pass defense side.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Well the SeaChicken's job is still up in the air... so that may change this..

Skins.. - Williams will be the coach.. this is the better of the two jobs hands down. Look at the roster, other than a big receiver and some Line depth.. they have a lot of pieces to the puzzle.

Dirty Birds.. I think the committee of 9 is going to make this a hard hire.. but I think you may see a recycle emerge their yet.. I just don't think they will hire a first timer.. Wonder if a Dark Horse could be someone out in left field.. a Jimmy Johnson type that no one sees comming... they need someone to gather the troops and instill a level of displine there.

Someone that is okay with righting the ship and then stepping away because he has driven too much too fast to try and instill that disipline. Schottenhiemer (sp?) would be a good fit.. but I don't think he would want to step away without finishing the job..

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

I can see Holmgren going back to Seattle.
    Washington would be Dumb if Greg Williams does'nt give him that job.
    Atlanta I am wondering if Maybe Singletary, But I haven't heard if he's interviewed for any Head coaching gigs?
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Not sure why Washington hasn't just come out and promoted the guy from within.
    Maybe something going on in the background cause he was a Gibbs guy and the owner doesn't like him.
    All speculation there.

Atlanta will probably end up with a bad pick as they will have to settle on a guy that wouldn't be a 1rst choice of many teams.
    Kindof like a "Lets settle for this guy" approach cause no one really wants it that is of credible.

I for one think that the Atlanta job would be better.
    A bigger challenge at first but more upside mostly because of what each team has done in the past with respect to building thier current team.

The Skins have some young talent to build around but they can't build.
    $20 Mil (probably higher) over the CAP.
    A second year of limited draft picks to work with and a aging team.

The Falcons job won't come with alot of high expectations right away, they have a better owner who doesn't try to act like Jerry Jones and have the lattitude CAP/Picks to start the rebuilding process.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:

The Falcons job won't come with alot of high expectations right away, they have a better owner who doesn't try to act like Jerry Jones and have the lattitude CAP/Picks to start the rebuilding process.
    Great point.. but can you imagine the meat grinder for the first two years in Hotlanta... yikes.. players and fans breaking your balls daily.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Great point.. but can you imagine the meat grinder for the first two years in Hotlanta... yikes.. players and fans breaking your balls daily.
    Well, players atleast. I've heard many radio shows, and print that says Atlanta is about as bandwaggon a fan base as bandwaggon can be.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I would rather have the Hotlanta fans/press on my ass than the DC papers and fans.
    Seriously they were ready to lynch Gibbs this year and the next day he was god again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I would rather have the Hotlanta fans/press on my ass than the DC papers and fans.
    Seriously they were ready to lynch Gibbs this year and the next day he was god again.
    Yeah.. but as Mindfreak said the bandwagon is starting to empty in Atlanta.. and with Blank being so in tune with the fans.. it might be a very short lease of a tenure.. just the way they are going about this search with a committee of 9.. there will be lack of a clear cut choice and tension abound. But D.C. isn't a picnic either.. no wonder Garrett ran back to Dallas.

The Seattle job is a prime job... good talent, money and a strong healthy fanbase..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast